+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weekly Tweak Recap Feb. 18 - Feb. 24

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Weekly Tweak Recap Feb. 18 - Feb. 24

In case you've missed out on the new jailbreak tweaks Cydia has seen, this recap will highlight the tweaks we've shown you this week. These are in no specific order.

1. LivePapers – FREE

LivePapers is a great new tweak that allows you to enable live wallpapers on your home screen and lock screen. The platform comes with one free live wallpaper, and you can download additional live wallpapers from Cydia. They’re not just videos, as you can actually interact with them. The live wallpapers come with their own individual settings to configure, and it’s a great way to spice up any iOS device.

2. RageBoard – $4.99

RageBoard is a great new tweak for letting you express your feelings with rage faces rather than words. The tweak adds a rage face keyboard to your stock iOS keyboard, and the images can be sent to the sender in multiple different applications. The seamless integration into the iOS keyboard is also nice.

3. SubtleLock – $1

SubtleLock is a simple tweak that aims to minimize the amount of pixels used by the lock screen elements. It compresses the size of the lock screen slider and the lock screen clock. It’s great for showing off those cool lock screen wallpapers you might be rocking. It's also great for minimalists.

4. Instahancer – 99¢

Instahancer is a great tweak for those Instagram lovers out there. The tweak adds more options to Instagram, including the ability to save pictures, zoom in on pictures, copy a link to pictures to your clipboard, copy the picture to your clipboard, and even attach the picture to an e-mail to be sent. All of these features will make using Instagram better, and more great features are coming soon.

5. ActiveDock – $1.99

ActiveDock is a great new aesthetic tweak that makes the dock in iOS look more like that of OS X Mountain Lion. It redesigns not only the dock glass, but also the application icons reflections. The tweak also puts light indicators under the applications that are running in the background, and applications bounce when you either receive notifications or when you tap on the applications to launch them. It’s a nice little touch to iOS.

6. AssistantEnhancer – $1.99

AssistantEnhancer adds a ton of new features to Siri. The features include additional querying options, having Siri remember where you parked your car, and even asking about information regarding the device’s hardware. The tweak is an add-on for AssistantExtensions.

7. AutoLSMusicControls – FREE

AutoLSMusicControls is a simple free tweak that makes the music controls appear on the lock screen automatically by default when music is playing. It’s a nice little touch for those that listen to a lot of music on their iOS devices.

8. Unveil – FREE

Unveil is a simple tweak that allows banner notifications to appear while you’re in the Siri interface. These banner notifications are normally blocked until you exit the Siri interface by default. This tweak is good if you play around with Siri a lot and don’t want to accidentally miss an important notification.

9. SafariSwipez – FREE

SafariSwipez allows you to use swipe gestures to close out of open tabs in Safari rather than having to tap on a red close button in the corner of the tab. If you use the Auxo app switcher tweak, you might like how this tweak makes closing out of tabs in Safari feel the same way as closing applications in Auxo. The gestures make better use of the touch screen than tapping little buttons do too!

10. TwitkaFly 6.0+ – $3.99

TwitkaFly 6.0+ is the iOS 6-compatible version of TwitkaFly. With TwitkaFly, you can easily Tweet or post to Facebook from anywhere. The tweak includes support for a Twitter text expander, now playing music Tweets, and several other nice features that the stock iOS Tweeting platform doesn’t come with. TwitkaFly 6.0+ is great for anyone that uses Twitter or Facebook a lot.

11. InstaSave – FREE

InstaSave is a simple tweak that allows you to save pictures from your Instagram feed. If you use Instagram a lot you should consider grabbing InstaSave!

12. TypeStatus – FREE

TypeStatus is a simple tweak that displays an icon in your Status Bar when someone starts composing an iMessage to you. It’s good for when you want to know when to expect a reply from someone, but don’t want to sit and wait in the Messages application to do so.

13. WeekInCal++ – 99¢

WeekInCal++ is a tweak that will display the week number on the Calendar application icon, and on every Sunday from within the Calendar application in month view. This tweak is handy for when you want to keep track of what week it is. The application icon week indicator will update in real time, just like the date, telling you what week it is.

14. Preference WithMe – FREE

Preference WithMe is a simple tweak that will make the device speak the preference pane that you tap on in the Settings application. It’s good for those that are hard at seeing, or if you just want some type of feedback after tapping on something, it’s good for that also.

15. Predicter – FREE

Predicter is a simple tweak that sends you a banner notification when someone begins composing an iMessage to you. The tweak will also notify you if the user stops writing or clears their text field. The tweak will sometimes work, and sometimes not, depending on whether or not Apple’s servers send the required information to your device, but if you want to know when people are trying to iMessage you, Predicter is a fine tweak for doing that.

16. DisableNC+ – $1

DisableNC+ will allow you to disable Notification Center outright in any applications that you want to. The tweak comes with a preference pane where you can select the applications you want to disable Notification Center in. The tweak won’t disable Notification Center on the home screen. The tweak is good for applications like Fruit Ninja, where swipes can sometimes accidentally bring up the Notification Center grabber when you don’t mean to do so.

17. highlightGeneral – FREE

HighlightGeneral is a simple tweak that highlights the General preference pane blue so you can find it easier. Since the General preference pane always shows in the top of the screen when you’re in your Settings application, it seems a little goofy, but with all the new preference panes that keep getting added in major iOS updates, who knows how long it will be that way.

Stay tuned for next week's Weekly Tweak Recap - only on ModMyi!

If you missed our previous Weekly Tweak Recap, you can view it from this link.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

robdam1001 (02-25-2013)

Thanks

Any non-JB news at all for us non-JBers?

13 straight pieces, all JB-related. Come on, MMi.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post

Seriously? This website basically came into existence because of jailbreaking.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazi3flip For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (02-25-2013), MickieGama (02-26-2013)

Thanks

True, but this is the News forum, where MMi historically features anything Apple. Has nothing happened in the Apple world in the last couple of days?
    Sydney, Australia

Thanks

Man you need to get your head sorted if you havent yet Jailbroken your device... lol

Your missing out on a hell of a lot.

*With a jailbroken device you can do soooooooooooooo much more than vanilla.

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXess View Post
    Man you need to get your head sorted if you havent yet Jailbroken your device... lol

+1

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

+2

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Posting on a site with MOD in the name and complaining about seeing a lot of articles talking about MODing your iPhone. That is absolute comedy.

Anyways, AssistantEnhancer is gold. I love it!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 695 Posts

come on gridlock push the update please ..............

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicoand For This Useful Post:

GrumpySod (02-25-2013), LittleGod (02-26-2013)

Thanks

+3

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

I really love rageboard... However i which that whenever i clicked on a picture, the picture don't get saved in my photo library :/ it kind of becomes annoying.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nicoand View Post
    Amen !!!

Thanks

Subtle lock looks alright but I wouldn't pay for it. It's such a simple tweak.

Thanks

I've jailbroken since the iPhone 2 and no I don't feel I'm missing much, thank you. All I'm saying is *something* else must have happened in the Apple world in the last couple of days.

About the site having Mod in its name: this site used to feature general Apple news - in this *News* forum - but somehow either the writers got lazy or this forum, NOT the site, hiccuped.
    Sydney, Australia

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nicoand View Post
    Also gridtab and more importantly foldericons,PLEASE!!!!!

Thanks

+4

Thanks
    Thanked 5,468 Times in 2,704 Posts

I've jailbroken since the iPhone 2 and no I don't feel I'm missing much, thank you. All I'm saying is *something* else must have happened in the Apple world in the last couple of days.

About the site having Mod in its name: this site used to feature general Apple news - in this *News* forum - but somehow either the writers got lazy or this forum, NOT the site, hiccuped.
    Say what? Ur not missing much?? Lmaoooooo Man if ur not JB u missing everything. The way I see it no JB no reason to be on MMI.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

You need to remove Assistant Enhancer until Assistant Extensions is updated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zplit View Post
    Say what? Ur not missing much?? Lmaoooooo Man if ur not JB u missing everything. The way I see it no JB no reason to be on MMI.
    Pigeon pellets!
    Sydney, Australia

23. The Following User Says Thank You to truenorth For This Useful Post:

robdam1001 (02-25-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default what "news" would that be?
    From my memory, pretty much nothing but iOs updates have been coming out of Apple, all of which are aptly covered by modmyi articles. What other "news" have the staff "lazily" bypassed?