+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Weekly Tweak Recap Feb. 18 - Feb. 24

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by pasterchadster From my memory, pretty much nothing but iOs updates have been coming out of Apple, all of which are aptly covered by modmyi articles. What other
...
  1. #21
    iPhoneaholic truenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    421
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 46 Times in 40 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pasterchadster View Post
    From my memory, pretty much nothing but iOs updates have been coming out of Apple, all of which are aptly covered by modmyi articles. What other "news" have the staff "lazily" bypassed?
    If I knew, do you think I'd ask?
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!


  2. #22
    Green Apple iPodTouch149's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    You need to remove Assistant Enhancer until Assistant Extensions is updated.
    Oh is that why AssistantEnhancer was not working for me?

  3. #23
    jb4
    jb4 is offline
    Green Apple jb4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Leesburg, GA
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    ActiveDock isn't working for me. i can get it to bounce when I open but it doesn't bounce when I receive a notification
    If my 2 cents helped ya, Thank me by hitting the Thanks Button!

  4. #24
    2k1
    2k1 is offline
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,053
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jb4 View Post
    ActiveDock isn't working for me. i can get it to bounce when I open but it doesn't bounce when I receive a notification
    Make sure it's on under settings. If it is I'm sure it's another tweak messing with you.

  5. #25
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
    If I knew, do you think I'd ask?
    LOL! Then how do you assume they haven't been acutely covering all Apple news?

  6. #26
    iPhoneaholic truenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    421
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 46 Times in 40 Posts

    ROFLMAO! Acutely?

    Tell me, Einstein, where is the assumption? Read all my posts: 'Any news for us non-JBers?', 'Has nothing happened in the Apple world...?', 'Either the writers got lazy OR the site hiccuped', etc. The 'or' gives the benefit of the doubt that they were not lazy, but that maybe there was a hiccup, technical glitch or whatever. But the spirit of my questions was to inquire were there not *any* non-JB news in the Apple world?

    But you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by pasterchadster View Post
    From my memory, pretty much nothing but iOs updates have been coming out of Apple, all of which are aptly covered by modmyi articles. What other "news" have the staff "lazily" bypassed?
    So the basis of truth is your memory.

    Nothing but updates? In the entire Apple world? ALL have been aptly covered by MMi? How do you know? Oh wait, your memory. Right.

    Between you and me, the one who had the corner on assuming was you, Mr. Teapot.
    Last edited by truenorth; 02-27-2013 at 03:50 PM.

  7. #27
    Green Apple blkeagle1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
    I've jailbroken since the iPhone 2 and no I don't feel I'm missing much, thank you. All I'm saying is *something* else must have happened in the Apple world in the last couple of days.

    About the site having Mod in its name: this site used to feature general Apple news - in this *News* forum - but somehow either the writers got lazy or this forum, NOT the site, hiccuped.
    Here ya go. This might be what your little heart desires:

    Apple - Hot News
    I think I win for the most lame avatar

  8. #28
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
    ROFLMAO! Acutely?
    Autocorrect. Should have read "accurately".

    Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
    Tell me, Einstein, where is the assumption?
    It's right here:

    Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
    'Either the writers got lazy OR the site hiccuped', etc.
    You are ASSUMING it's one or the other. The possibility exists that it's neither.... but you assumed that isn't possible.

  9. #29
    iPhoneaholic truenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    421
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 46 Times in 40 Posts

    Moose muffins. I gave more than one possibility; one particular scenario absolves the writers of responsibility. Hardly malicious like you imply. Still my entire post was an inquiry to the writers. They could have given a simple explanation, case closed.

    What about your own assumptions? You did not address them. When the person I'm discussing with evades arguments that I pose to them, my case is closed. I end the discussion there.

  10. #30
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    LOL. So your answer to my question is to reply with a question, and say "I don't need to answer your question until you answer mine"? If you don't need to answer my question to you because I made an assumption, then what puts you in the position of expecting the mods to answer your question which is based on an assumption? What if there was a conscious decision to not cover "all Apple news" and focus primarily on JB news? Or what if, as so many other commentors have said, this is in fact a JB-focused site? Then neither of your scenarios fit - the mods are not "lazy" and there was not a glitch in the system.

    So to quote your wise words - pot calling the kettle.....

    Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
    Moose muffins. I gave more than one possibility; one particular scenario absolves the writers of responsibility. Hardly malicious like you imply. Still my entire post was an inquiry to the writers. They could have given a simple explanation, case closed.

    What about your own assumptions? You did not address them. When the person I'm discussing with evades arguments that I pose to them, my case is closed. I end the discussion there.

  11. #31
    iPhoneaholic truenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    421
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 46 Times in 40 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pasterchadster View Post
    LOL. So your answer to my question is to reply with a question, and say "I don't need to answer your question until you answer mine"? If you don't need to answer my question to you because I made an assumption, then what puts you in the position of expecting the mods to answer your question which is based on an assumption? What if there was a conscious decision to not cover "all Apple news" and focus primarily on JB news? Or what if, as so many other commentors have said, this is in fact a JB-focused site? Then neither of your scenarios fit - the mods are not "lazy" and there was not a glitch in the system.

    So to quote your wise words - pot calling the kettle.....
    Then they can say so. If it's not A, and not B, they can propose C. But you won't understand that. In your world, there cannot be questions, because you know it all.

    Still the point is you won't answer my question. I dare you.

  12. #32
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    I just did answer your question, I admitted I made an assumption. But you can't admit to the same. You say "they can propose C" as an answer to your question, and that frees you from your assumption..... so why doesn't that also apply to my line of questioning? Because I don't get the same "out" as you do? LOL.

    You earlier replied to me with this: "But the spirit of my questions was to inquire were there not *any* non-JB news in the Apple world?". But the fact of the matter is that MMi HAS had non-JB news listed, maybe not all of it, but it has had non-JB news listed. So your inquiry of "*any* non-JB news" renders your question irrelevant, and t ASSUMES that there is none, which is in fact untrue.

    Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
    Then they can say so. If it's not A, and not B, they can propose C. But you won't understand that. In your world, there cannot be questions, because you know it all.

    Still the point is you won't answer my question. I dare you.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts