+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weekly Tweak Recap Feb. 18 - Feb. 24

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by pasterchadster From my memory, pretty much nothing but iOs updates have been coming out of Apple, all of which are aptly covered by modmyi articles. What other
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pasterchadster View Post
    From my memory, pretty much nothing but iOs updates have been coming out of Apple, all of which are aptly covered by modmyi articles. What other "news" have the staff "lazily" bypassed?
    If I knew, do you think I'd ask?
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    You need to remove Assistant Enhancer until Assistant Extensions is updated.
    Oh is that why AssistantEnhancer was not working for me?

jb4
    Thanks

ActiveDock isn't working for me. i can get it to bounce when I open but it doesn't bounce when I receive a notification
    If my 2 cents helped ya, Thank me by hitting the Thanks Button!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jb4 View Post
    ActiveDock isn't working for me. i can get it to bounce when I open but it doesn't bounce when I receive a notification
    Make sure it's on under settings. If it is I'm sure it's another tweak messing with you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
    If I knew, do you think I'd ask?
    LOL! Then how do you assume they haven't been acutely covering all Apple news?

Thanks

ROFLMAO! Acutely?

Tell me, Einstein, where is the assumption? Read all my posts: 'Any news for us non-JBers?', 'Has nothing happened in the Apple world...?', 'Either the writers got lazy OR the site hiccuped', etc. The 'or' gives the benefit of the doubt that they were not lazy, but that maybe there was a hiccup, technical glitch or whatever. But the spirit of my questions was to inquire were there not *any* non-JB news in the Apple world?

But you said:
    From my memory, pretty much nothing but iOs updates have been coming out of Apple, all of which are aptly covered by modmyi articles. What other "news" have the staff "lazily" bypassed?
    So the basis of truth is your memory.

Nothing but updates? In the entire Apple world? ALL have been aptly covered by MMi? How do you know? Oh wait, your memory. Right.

Between you and me, the one who had the corner on assuming was you, Mr. Teapot.
    Last edited by truenorth; 02-27-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Thanks

I've jailbroken since the iPhone 2 and no I don't feel I'm missing much, thank you. All I'm saying is *something* else must have happened in the Apple world in the last couple of days.

About the site having Mod in its name: this site used to feature general Apple news - in this *News* forum - but somehow either the writers got lazy or this forum, NOT the site, hiccuped.
    Here ya go. This might be what your little heart desires:

Apple - Hot News
    I think I win for the most lame avatar

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ROFLMAO! Acutely?
    Autocorrect. Should have read "accurately".

Tell me, Einstein, where is the assumption?
    It's right here:

'Either the writers got lazy OR the site hiccuped', etc.
    You are ASSUMING it's one or the other. The possibility exists that it's neither.... but you assumed that isn't possible.

Thanks

Moose muffins. I gave more than one possibility; one particular scenario absolves the writers of responsibility. Hardly malicious like you imply. Still my entire post was an inquiry to the writers. They could have given a simple explanation, case closed.

What about your own assumptions? You did not address them. When the person I'm discussing with evades arguments that I pose to them, my case is closed. I end the discussion there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

LOL. So your answer to my question is to reply with a question, and say "I don't need to answer your question until you answer mine"? If you don't need to answer my question to you because I made an assumption, then what puts you in the position of expecting the mods to answer your question which is based on an assumption? What if there was a conscious decision to not cover "all Apple news" and focus primarily on JB news? Or what if, as so many other commentors have said, this is in fact a JB-focused site? Then neither of your scenarios fit - the mods are not "lazy" and there was not a glitch in the system.

So to quote your wise words - pot calling the kettle.....

Moose muffins. I gave more than one possibility; one particular scenario absolves the writers of responsibility. Hardly malicious like you imply. Still my entire post was an inquiry to the writers. They could have given a simple explanation, case closed.

What about your own assumptions? You did not address them. When the person I'm discussing with evades arguments that I pose to them, my case is closed. I end the discussion there.

Thanks

LOL. So your answer to my question is to reply with a question, and say "I don't need to answer your question until you answer mine"? If you don't need to answer my question to you because I made an assumption, then what puts you in the position of expecting the mods to answer your question which is based on an assumption? What if there was a conscious decision to not cover "all Apple news" and focus primarily on JB news? Or what if, as so many other commentors have said, this is in fact a JB-focused site? Then neither of your scenarios fit - the mods are not "lazy" and there was not a glitch in the system.

So to quote your wise words - pot calling the kettle.....
    Then they can say so. If it's not A, and not B, they can propose C. But you won't understand that. In your world, there cannot be questions, because you know it all.

Still the point is you won't answer my question. I dare you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just did answer your question, I admitted I made an assumption. But you can't admit to the same. You say "they can propose C" as an answer to your question, and that frees you from your assumption..... so why doesn't that also apply to my line of questioning? Because I don't get the same "out" as you do? LOL.

You earlier replied to me with this: "But the spirit of my questions was to inquire were there not *any* non-JB news in the Apple world?". But the fact of the matter is that MMi HAS had non-JB news listed, maybe not all of it, but it has had non-JB news listed. So your inquiry of "*any* non-JB news" renders your question irrelevant, and t ASSUMES that there is none, which is in fact untrue.

Then they can say so. If it's not A, and not B, they can propose C. But you won't understand that. In your world, there cannot be questions, because you know it all.

Still the point is you won't answer my question. I dare you.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12