+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hands-Free Control 4.0 Released With iOS 6 Support

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Legend_master I'm having an issue with the keyboard noises disappearing while the hands-free tweak is enabled. I'm also not getting any txt, or email alert tones. There
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend_master View Post
    I'm having an issue with the keyboard noises disappearing while the hands-free tweak is enabled. I'm also not getting any txt, or email alert tones. There is also a noise added to the mute switch "on", it's a double beep noise. Unlike everybody else, all I have to do is disable hands free and everything else works just fine after that. It's very annoying that I can't use it while pandora is active, and also that there are no words in the custom database. I wanted to use orange, since there are not many words that sound similar. With that said, the concept of the tweak is awesome, will be very useful once the bugs are lined out. Also having the issue of not being able to stream audio via Bluetooth when the tweak is enabled.
    Glad to see im not the only one with no txt message or email alerts. I mentioned it to them and they apparently cant reproduce it????
    Ive removed it until they iron out the bugs. Its a great idea but very flawed at the moment.

What's Jailbreak? Thanks-but-no-thanks's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry Hear, hear!
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    This is a bit of a cop out statement. Experienced developers learn to test with a set of common tweaks present. Testing in isolation is a recipe for unhappy customers.
    The theme sounds I chose when Hands Free was on my phone don't get taken off when you remove your tweak. You need to create a more thorough Remove subroutine in Cydia. My Hands Free sounds are still playing now. How do I get rid of them? The most egregious error is that your remove subroutine does NOT remove a mobile substrate called "Hand Activate". It leaves it behind - the most battery draining mobile substrate of the whole package gets left behind after a remove. Where is it stored so I can remove it physically until you can fix this. And how do I get Siri back to her normal voice now that your tweak is OFF my phone ?

I second this poor souls sentiments (NewdestinyX) but with some additional comments; forgive me therefore if I continue ...

This app crashes constantly when enabled. And by crashing I mean goes into Safe Mode and is a failure of Epic proportions ... all I have to do is invoke Siri via voice command (choose the method, of which there are a few, all with the same result) ask her (it) a question and .... queue Apple logo ... TADDA.... Safe Mode ....

Grrrrr.....

I don't have time to try and remove this tweak and disable that app and uninstall this sub-whatever-the-hell ... I am a USER d@mnit! Seriously, I get it ... not all things can be known blah blah blah yeah ok fine. But when it happens, and let me tell ya, it is happening ... YOU need to provide US with a way to remove your code and UNDO any (and all) changes made (ESPECIALLY TO THE iOS you Jack wagons) ... instead of leaving the idi0ts (like me) who installed your half-baked app thinking "Hey, if it doesn't work or has a conflict I'll just remove it by golly." Only to find that we are SCREWED because YOU made CHANGES to iOS and didn't ROLL THEM BACK ON UNINSTALL. OMG!!!! **I think I may die from an aneurysm just typing this ... too bad typed words have no physical impact.

I want to get your G-A-R-B-A-G-E off of my beautiful sweet innocent and somewhat naive iPhone and (here's the gotcha) I want it to WORK like it did BEFORE I put your software on my device. To be clear, I would really really REALLY appreciate your assistance with having Siri Work again, not answer me with British Man-servant voice then a few seconds later (WHILE I AM ASKING HER A QUESTION) pipe in with the normal Siri voice ...

Thankfully I had the foresight to purchase one of those indestructible Otter cases, because the floor would likely be littered with little bits of iPhone if not for that wonderful case. And all because of this app ..... tsk tsk

So, if you wouldn't mind terribly, because I would hate to put you out ... could you see yourself clear to maybe providing us USER types with a removal procedure that will restore Siri to a functional state when your code is expunged from our devices? Pretty please with sugar on top!

Thanks ... much love

Thanks
    Thanked 7,639 Times in 3,903 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks-but-no-thanks View Post
    This app crashes constantly when enabled. And by crashing I mean goes into Safe Mode

So, if you wouldn't mind terribly, because I would hate to put you out ... could you see yourself clear to maybe providing us USER types with a removal procedure that will restore Siri to a functional state when your code is expunged from our devices? Pretty please with sugar on top!

Thanks ... much love
    Sadly, dude, I had to restore my whole phone from scratch and rejailbreak and reload EVERYTHING. Took me two days to get it all back to normal. What a frustration that was. This tweak should be pulled from Cydia as hopelessly not ready for prime time. Though I will say I never had any crashing into safe mode with it. You have a conflict with another tweak there that's causing the crashes, bro.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ridingsupreme's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish I had never purchased or installed this. Great idea. Poor execution. No update has fixed the amount of fail and frustration that comes from installing this app. If you want to destroy Siri install this. You will no longer be able to send SMS or set reminders or do much of anything with the virtual assistant. Crashes crashes crashes with no add ons enabled. Sounds like ill have to do a full restore to get Siri back. Because I'm lazy and still hopefull that an update will make this work I'm gonna hold out for a bit longer. But I am very frustrated here. If I said it worked 50% of the time that would be a overstatement. Let this be a lesson to all the dev's out there. US JAILBREAKERS TRUST YOU to release good products. Betray that trust especially for paid apps that end up requiring I fully erase my device will result in a lot of pissed off users.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is a bit of a cop out statement. Experienced developers learn to test with a set of common tweaks present. Testing in isolation is a recipe for unhappy customers.
    The theme sounds I chose when Hands Free was on my phone don't get taken off when you remove your tweak. You need to create a more thorough Remove subroutine in Cydia. My Hands Free sounds are still playing now. How do I get rid of them? The most egregious error is that your remove subroutine does NOT remove a mobile substrate called "Hand Activate". It leaves it behind - the most battery draining mobile substrate of the whole package gets left behind after a remove. Where is it stored so I can remove it physically until you can fix this. And how do I get Siri back to her normal voice now that your tweak is OFF my phone ?
    We have of course tested HFC with many common tweaks with complete success, but we are not going to endeavor to supply a compatibility list. Our focus is on improving HFC. As for the theme sounds, because of the way we needed to alter the sounds Siri plays when opened they need to be set back to "Default" before the app is removed if you want the default sounds, and the uninstall routine cannot perform this for the user. (issues with mobile and root user permissions) The easiest way to correct this is reinstall the app, select Default in the themes, then remove if desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend_master View Post
    I'm having an issue with the keyboard noises disappearing while the hands-free tweak is enabled. I'm also not getting any txt, or email alert tones. There is also a noise added to the mute switch "on", it's a double beep noise. Unlike everybody else, all I have to do is disable hands free and everything else works just fine after that. It's very annoying that I can't use it while pandora is active, and also that there are no words in the custom database. I wanted to use orange, since there are not many words that sound similar. With that said, the concept of the tweak is awesome, will be very useful once the bugs are lined out. Also having the issue of not being able to stream audio via Bluetooth when the tweak is enabled.
    We have had to go to egregious lengths to patch the file system and force sounds to play while the mic is on. While we have endeavored to perform this as smoothly as possible, as know there are probably unique use-case scenarios that have fallen through the cracks. One difficulty is the keyboard sounds, especially as they have such little tolerance for latency (delay before you hear the sound played). When the keyboard is on the screen, we put the service into a "paused" state that should allow the sounds to play. If for some reason this doesn't catch (we are always looking to see where it can be missed) disabling and reenabling the service can always reset the listeners.

As for the keywords, this issue started in 3.3 and was corrected in version 4.0. If you updated you should be able to get "orange" (we just successfully tested it for you, evidentially pronounced "AO R AH N JH"). You should be able to stream audio via bluetooth as this is one of the neat features we advertise with the app. The double beep sound is actually present in iOS file system and should play when switching the vibrate sound off by default. We unintentionally turned this default sound on in our patching process seeking to force all system sounds to play. Why the sound doesn't normally play is unknown to us, as that is its normal purpose there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aft3rD4rk View Post
    Glad to see im not the only one with no txt message or email alerts. I mentioned it to them and they apparently cant reproduce it????
    Ive removed it until they iron out the bugs. Its a great idea but very flawed at the moment.
    We have made every effort to ensure that all txt and email alerts play uninterrupted by our HFC service. For all of our tests we have had complete success in having them come through every time, but we will always seek to make our patch better. Of course it would be nice if Apple picked up the slack at some point and actually fixed this issue themselves. Since we can't rely on that, we will continue our testing and development. For now email and txt alerts should play fine, with possible exceptions if you have unusual or custom sounds set (we believe these should still work, but they are more difficult for us to test as they could be anything!)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks-but-no-thanks View Post
    I second this poor souls sentiments (NewdestinyX) but with some additional comments; forgive me therefore if I continue ...

This app crashes constantly when enabled. And by crashing I mean goes into Safe Mode and is a failure of Epic proportions ... all I have to do is invoke Siri via voice command (choose the method, of which there are a few, all with the same result) ask her (it) a question and .... queue Apple logo ... TADDA.... Safe Mode ....

Grrrrr.....

I don't have time to try and remove this tweak and disable that app and uninstall this sub-whatever-the-hell ... I am a USER d@mnit! Seriously, I get it ... not all things can be known blah blah blah yeah ok fine. But when it happens, and let me tell ya, it is happening ... YOU need to provide US with a way to remove your code and UNDO any (and all) changes made (ESPECIALLY TO THE iOS you Jack wagons) ... instead of leaving the idi0ts (like me) who installed your half-baked app thinking "Hey, if it doesn't work or has a conflict I'll just remove it by golly." Only to find that we are SCREWED because YOU made CHANGES to iOS and didn't ROLL THEM BACK ON UNINSTALL. OMG!!!! **I think I may die from an aneurysm just typing this ... too bad typed words have no physical impact.

I want to get your G-A-R-B-A-G-E off of my beautiful sweet innocent and somewhat naive iPhone and (here's the gotcha) I want it to WORK like it did BEFORE I put your software on my device. To be clear, I would really really REALLY appreciate your assistance with having Siri Work again, not answer me with British Man-servant voice then a few seconds later (WHILE I AM ASKING HER A QUESTION) pipe in with the normal Siri voice ...

Thankfully I had the foresight to purchase one of those indestructible Otter cases, because the floor would likely be littered with little bits of iPhone if not for that wonderful case. And all because of this app ..... tsk tsk

Thanks ... much love
    Obviously you're upset and we apologize for any inconvenience HFC may have caused. We have literally spent thousands of hours seeking to make it as good as we possibly can, and recognize the monumental scale of the project we sought to overtake back in 2011. We warmly welcome anyone to attempt to do better as what we really have sought was "hands-free control" of our iPhones! We have yet to see another app compete with Hands-Free Control. We suspect this is because of the difficulty of the project.

Version 3.3 is not compatible for iOS 6.0 and crashes the Springboard upon launch (apple boot logo, mobile substrate safe mode). If you have purchased HFC you should have been notified when version 4.0 came out and had you upgrade. It also should have notified you at version 3.3 that it wasn't compatible with iOS 6 and that you install at your own risk.

Uninstalling the tweak in Cydia will completely remove the app from your device. No special manual removal is necessary. Please ensure that the theme is set back to "Default" before doing so or the sound for starting Siri will remain at whatever you have set (we literally replace that sound file in the file system).

Sadly, dude, I had to restore my whole phone from scratch and rejailbreak and reload EVERYTHING. Took me two days to get it all back to normal. What a frustration that was. This tweak should be pulled from Cydia as hopelessly not ready for prime time. Though I will say I never had any crashing into safe mode with it. You have a conflict with another tweak there that's causing the crashes, bro.
    In all of our testing we frequently install and remove the app completely to and from a number of different devices using Cydia's install and uninstall method. This shouldn't cause any problems and should remove all traces of the app from the device. We apologize if you have run into any other undetected or undesirable behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by ridingsupreme View Post
    I wish I had never purchased or installed this. Great idea. Poor execution. No update has fixed the amount of fail and frustration that comes from installing this app. If you want to destroy Siri install this. You will no longer be able to send SMS or set reminders or do much of anything with the virtual assistant. Crashes crashes crashes with no add ons enabled. Sounds like ill have to do a full restore to get Siri back. Because I'm lazy and still hopefull that an update will make this work I'm gonna hold out for a bit longer. But I am very frustrated here. If I said it worked 50% of the time that would be a overstatement. Let this be a lesson to all the dev's out there. US JAILBREAKERS TRUST YOU to release good products. Betray that trust especially for paid apps that end up requiring I fully erase my device will result in a lot of pissed off users.
    Again we apologize if HFC has caused you any frustration whatsoever. We have spent thousands of hours trying to bring what we feel is the future of mobile computing to our fingertips. We have successfully tested HFC sending SMS texts, reading them, setting reminders, alarms, and every other function of Siri. We will post a new youtube video soon of these on an iPhone 5 and iPad 4. Indeed, HFC doesn't make any changes to Siri itself at all. This is a tweak to activate Siri, not to tweak Siri itself. Once activated Siri runs completely separately from HFC, whether HFC is activated or not.

As for crashing, if you are attempting to use HFC 3.3 on iOS 6, we have made multiple attempts to state this was the purpose of releasing version 4.0 to BigBoss. Version 3.3 had been developed and released for iOS 5.1.1. We would hope that the cause of some disgruntled users for not seeing the update on their devices is because they installed the app from a non-legitimate repository (for free).

Uninstalling the app through Cydia should remove HFC from your device without any restore needed.

Thanks goes out to all of our fans that use and enjoy Hands-Free Control! We hope to get keyword recognition to the point where it will be the easiest and most desirable way to use your iPhone or iPad!
    Last edited by Slowfoxtrot; 03-13-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,639 Times in 3,903 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slowfoxtrot View Post

Uninstalling the app through Cydia should remove HFC from your device without any restore needed.

!
    This is completely untrue and you need to stop staying it. Uninstall leaves behind the HFC Activate Mobile Substrate. It's a very repeatable bug. I've tested now on 3 phones.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234