+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hands-Free Control 4.0 Released With iOS 6 Support

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I figured out my issue. Apparently LocationSpoofer was conflicting. I removed that and its working fine now. Thanks!
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I figured out my issue. Apparently LocationSpoofer was conflicting. I removed that and its working fine now. Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Love the App. Had a few crashes initially (on an iPhone 5), though it may have been more of an issue of me trying to do too many things at once, it seems to have settled down a bit, when not too many apps are running simultaneously.

On my phone, there seems to be a bit of lag time between initiating command and getting response from Siri, I guess I have to be more patient in waiting for Siri to reply til I can tell her what I want her to do.

Also, HFC seems to work equally well with my wired (Sennheiser mm70i) headphones or no headphones at all...haven't tried yet with bluetooth headset but will experiment at some point...don't use bluetooth headset that often.

I'm a bit disappointed (as flash66 mentions) that Airplay is disabled when this app is running...I have to turn Hands-Free Control off to get my Airplay devises to show again. Hopefully there will be an upgrade (soon) to make both features play nice together.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,864 Times in 4,444 Posts

The battery drain is making this tweak incompatible with the goals for my phone. Maybe by 5S it will again be useful. The $ I spent is fine for a fun thing to show off at parties.. saying "COMPUTER!" to my iPhone and it beeping back at me awaiting my request. LUV THAT!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (02-24-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just found a huge bug, if you have listening service set to OFF and have A/C Power switched ON, which means its only listening when connected to power you will receive no sms tone alerts or any alerts for that matter, you can still receive phone calls but its broken all other sound alerts.
    This has caused me to switch it off permanently.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is there een sbsettings toggle for this?

I tought there was but i can't find it in cydia.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought this thinking it would be great to use in my car through the speakers. I set it to only listen when plugged into a power source. Got inside my car, plugged in my phone to the USB cable and activated Bluetooth to get sound to come in through the speakers. Problem is Siri's listening mode takes over all audio and won't let the receiver have control at all.

Without this mod and doing the above setup lets me do receiver stuff and whenever I want to make a phone call, I hold the home button(music is cut out during Siri mode) and tell Siri to call xxxxx which she then does all through my speakers. When the call is done, the music comes right back by itself.

Thought this would eliminate my home button press. Does this make sense? I prolly didn't explain it very well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If i have it on it muffles and makes it quiter,the lock tone as well as the email tone. Does anyone else have this issue?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anihum View Post
    If i have it on it muffles and makes it quiter,the lock tone as well as the email tone. Does anyone else have this issue?
    Same here, and the winterboard sound themes doesnt work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aft3rD4rk View Post
    Just found a huge bug, if you have listening service set to OFF and have A/C Power switched ON, which means its only listening when connected to power you will receive no sms tone alerts or any alerts for that matter, you can still receive phone calls but its broken all other sound alerts.
    It's even worse than that.. Even when you get rid of this tweak all together by removing it - your alert sounds don't come back. Totally broke my sounds. Seems like I'm going to have to restore the whole damn phone to get them back.. BUYER BEWARE!! This tweak has major troubles!!

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    It's even worse than that.. Even when you get rid of this tweak all together by removing it - your alert sounds don't come back. Totally broke my sounds. Seems like I'm going to have to restore the whole damn phone to get them back.. BUYER BEWARE!! This tweak has major troubles!!
    On the bright side, u have ur .deb and dependency files saved :P i know it has nothing to do with this threat :/ but i wanted to thank u because i recently restored and i had most my deb files saved after the advice u gave me saved me lots of trouble... So once again thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes all of the siri tweaks Have bug problems hopefully they will all be fix

I think Every tweak should have a trial before buying , just because there is going to be a Troubleshoot somewhere Just my opinion
    Last edited by Cmds187; 02-25-2013 at 08:05 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    On the bright side, u have ur .deb and dependency files saved :P i know it has nothing to do with this threat :/ but i wanted to thank u because i recently restored and i had most my deb files saved after the advice u gave me saved me lots of trouble... So once again thanks
    Oh I should update that thread. There's a new tool called OpenBackup that takes the deb thing to the next level - on steroids. It looks at your current phone and saves all CURRENT debs for every tweak ALL AT THE SAME TIME!! Not one by one. No looking for them before each respring. You should check it out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pienoet View Post

Should be there...mine Installed automatically.
    You may have to turn the toggle on in the Sbsettings>more>set windows toggles-drop-down pane.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

Had this for iOS5 and had issues with it. It works ok, but it's just not sensitive enough. I call Siri, no response. So I raise the sensitivity bar in the settings and I can yell out IGBKGHSGHF and Siri opens up. Tried again on iOS6 and same problems. Just doesn't function efficiently.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    Had this for iOS5 and had issues with it. It works ok, but it's just not sensitive enough. I call Siri, no response. So I raise the sensitivity bar in the settings and I can yell out IGBKGHSGHF and Siri opens up. Tried again on iOS6 and same problems. Just doesn't function efficiently.
    Yeah. Cool idea. But more of a trick rather than a tool at this point. One day we'll all be doing this with our phones. But it's just not ready for prime time in my assessment.

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh I should update that thread. There's a new tool called OpenBackup that takes the deb thing to the next level - on steroids. It looks at your current phone and saves all CURRENT debs for every tweak ALL AT THE SAME TIME!! Not one by one. No looking for them before each respring. You should check it out.
    Damn :/ i wish i knew this earlier! I just got it and it looks really good! Simple to use and very effective... I really want to thank u for everything: taking the time to explain the process of backing up and re-installing debs and dependencies and for this suggestion that will save me a lot of time and trouble you're really awesome! Thanks :P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Drains my battery like crazy and lagged my phone there's an sbsettings toggle though
    me too. I paid for it, and thought this update would let me use it again, but my phone was perfectly smooth before and jacked after i installed it. i took it back off. can't wait 'til it works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Mine does the same thing. I ask it to "Open Pandora" or any other app and it crashes the springboard. I have Assistant Enhancer installed which may be an issue.
    We have thoroughly tested Hands-Free Control with all the default functionality of Siri and everything works as designed, including opening other apps like Pandora, reading, replying, and sending texts, etc. We haven't tested compatibility with other Cydia tweaks, as it would be unrealistic to attempt to test them all. Individual experience may vary with other tweaks installed, but we welcome and appreciate all crowd-sourced information on compatibility!

Quote Originally Posted by pienoet View Post

Yes, there is an sbsettings toggle that will automatically show when SBSettings in installed.

We will be sure to look into this thoroughly. We don't know of anything that would cause alert sounds to "not come back", especially if Hands-Free Control is removed. We acknowledge that we have patched iOS to force sounds to play while the mic is on. This has been a terrifically difficult process and is still being improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Aft3rD4rk View Post
    We have been unable to reproduce this issue. We suspect you may have gotten into an unusual use-case scenario we have yet to discover, but for now turning A/C on will enable HFC when plugged into power and disable HFC when disconnected. Sounds are patched when HFC is on and left undisturbed when HFC is off.
    Last edited by Slowfoxtrot; 02-25-2013 at 07:25 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slowfoxtrot View Post
    We have thoroughly tested Hands-Free Control with all the default functionality of Siri and everything works as designed, including opening other apps like Pandora, reading, replying, and sending texts, etc. We haven't tested compatibility with other Cydia tweaks, as it would be unrealistic to attempt to test them all. Individual experience may vary with other tweaks installed, but we welcome and appreciate all crowd-sourced information on compatibility!
    This is a bit of a cop out statement. Experienced developers learn to test with a set of common tweaks present. Testing in isolation is a recipe for unhappy customers.
    We will be sure to look into this thoroughly. We don't know of anything that would cause alert sounds to "not come back", especially if Hands-Free Control is removed. We acknowledge that we have patched iOS to force sounds to play while the mic is on. This has been a terrifically difficult process and is still being improved.
    The theme sounds I chose when Hands Free was on my phone don't get taken off when you remove your tweak. You need to create a more thorough Remove subroutine in Cydia. My Hands Free sounds are still playing now. How do I get rid of them? The most egregious error is that your remove subroutine does NOT remove a mobile substrate called "Hand Activate". It leaves it behind - the most battery draining mobile substrate of the whole package gets left behind after a remove. Where is it stored so I can remove it physically until you can fix this. And how do I get Siri back to her normal voice now that your tweak is OFF my phone ?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm having an issue with the keyboard noises disappearing while the hands-free tweak is enabled. I'm also not getting any txt, or email alert tones. There is also a noise added to the mute switch "on", it's a double beep noise. Unlike everybody else, all I have to do is disable hands free and everything else works just fine after that. It's very annoying that I can't use it while pandora is active, and also that there are no words in the custom database. I wanted to use orange, since there are not many words that sound similar. With that said, the concept of the tweak is awesome, will be very useful once the bugs are lined out. Also having the issue of not being able to stream audio via Bluetooth when the tweak is enabled.