Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hands-Free Control 4.0 Released With iOS 6 Support

Does this work with AC!D??

Quote Originally Posted by slayorktc View Post
    After you are in siri's window, what do you say to close siri? I tried 'Dismiss', 'quit', 'close'.. What do you say which is the equivalent to pressing the home button..?
    Cancel

I love this tweak and had it since it came out. I control music, XBMC, Siriproxy and X10 devices. My Jarvis if you will. I have a 4s centrally located running the tweak with mic and amplified speakers in most rooms of the house wired to the headphone port of the 4s. Works well and impressive. Only problem and disadvantage to this tweak is AirPlay. Its cancelled while the listening service is on so I have to split the signal hard wired for audio. Bluetooth works great with this tweak also when I now get in the car with my i5.
    Last edited by flash66; 02-24-2013 at 01:55 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

I loved this tweak when it first came out and I love it again now. Now if I could only get an updated version of persistentassistant and find out a way to disable the siri ding then I'd be good to go haha.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Lol!' LOVE this tweak. Had no idea it existed. The "Trekkie" setting and being able to say "Computer" and have it beep back at you in Trekkie sound is a particular nice touch! Lol!!

From the time you say Bye or Shutdown it takes about '20 seconds' to turn off though. Is that right?
    What do you mean shutdown? If you mean close Siri, I have no Siri tweaks installed, and I just tested the "bye" command to see if it worked without any and Siri replied "ok, see you soon" and shut It down instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    What do you mean shutdown? If you mean close Siri, I have no Siri tweaks installed, and I just tested the "bye" command to see if it worked without any and Siri replied "ok, see you soon" and shut It down instantly.
    We're talking about after she's completed a command when her black window is still open - the one with the translated text of what you said in it.., Is that where you said 'bye' from? And did you have to click her round button again before you said bye? Hands free mode shouldn't make you have to touch the phone to close down.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

There's a bug that once you request to play a song. The song will start skipping in the first few seconds and then play normally

Great app, i just wish theres a toggle for nc setting or an icon so i can easilly turn it off when i dont want to use it like when im low on battery.

Quote Originally Posted by onski View Post
    Great app, i just wish theres a toggle for nc setting or an icon so i can easilly turn it off when i dont want to use it like when im low on battery.
    So true

How much of a battery hog is it really? Does anybody have any real world tests where you can tell us how many more percent it used by the end of the day weether it was on as compared to when it was off?

I found another bug - or more like a conflict. When Assistant Love is turned on with HandsFree - even if you have Spotify and Grooveshark set to OFF in Assistant Love - Siri will not be able to find your playlists when using the Hands Free mode. When you turn Assistant Love OFF - then HandsFree can find your playlists. This is a very repeatable scenario on my iPhone 5. So it's a conflict between Assistant Love and Hands Free. Since Assistant Love's been around for a while I think it's on Hands Free to make the change - to 'play nicely'. LOL!! For some reason Hands Free CAN find individual sons when Assistant Love is also on. But not playlists.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-24-2013 at 09:37 AM.

We're talking about after she's completed a command when her black window is still open - the one with the translated text of what you said in it.., Is that where you said 'bye' from? And did you have to click her round button again before you said bye? Hands free mode shouldn't make you have to touch the phone to close down.
    Like I said I don't have any Siri tweaks installed, I just wanted to see if it worked with stock Siri, I just pressed the talk button said "bye" and she closed herself and returned me to the app I was in

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Like I said I don't have any Siri tweaks installed, I just wanted to see if it worked with stock Siri, I just pressed the talk button said "bye" and she closed herself and returned me to the app I was in
    Yes. That's basic Siri functionality. That's not we're asking about. HandsFree claims to be able to shut down Siri without 'touching her'.. .. That's what we're exploring. Working for some of us - others, no.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

When I try to open an app talking to Siri the iPhone crash and take me to the Apple screen (boot logo)?!

Lol!' LOVE this tweak. Had no idea it existed. The "Trekkie" setting and being able to say "Computer" and have it beep back at you in Trekkie sound is a particular nice touch! Lol!!

From the time you say Bye or Shutdown it takes about '20 seconds' to turn off though. Is that right?
    There shouldn't be this much latency unless something else is going on. Once Siri has recognized your speech "goodbye," she says goodbye back and closes, all taking place in just a couple of seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by idiesel View Post
    There's a bug that once you request to play a song. The song will start skipping in the first few seconds and then play normally
    This is caused by changing the sampling rate. While we try to change it as fast as we can once the play button is tapped (or Siri starts playing a song), there is a slight delay before the audio IO unit initializes at 44.1 kHz, resulting in a slight skip sometimes at the beginning of a song. We are still looking to optimize this further if possible.

If you set the audio setting to "high" in the Hands-Free Control settings there is no change made to the audio session and no skip.

Yes. That's basic Siri functionality. That's not we're asking about. HandsFree claims to be able to shut down Siri without 'touching her'.. .. That's what we're exploring. Working for some of us - others, no.
    The correct procedure would be to speak "Siri," then once Siri is listening to you speak "goodbye." Siri will then close and you will be returned to the app you were in, all without having to touch your phone.

How much of a battery hog is it really? Does anybody have any real world tests where you can tell us how many more percent it used by the end of the day weether it was on as compared to when it was off?

I found another bug - or more like a conflict. When Assistant Love is turned on with HandsFree - even if you have Spotify and Grooveshark set to OFF in Assistant Love - Siri will not be able to find your playlists when using the Hands Free mode. When you turn Assistant Love OFF - then HandsFree can find your playlists. This is a very repeatable scenario on my iPhone 5. So it's a conflict between Assistant Love and Hands Free. Since Assistant Love's been around for a while I think it's on Hands Free to make the change - to 'play nicely'. LOL!! For some reason Hands Free CAN find individual sons when Assistant Love is also on. But not playlists.
    Tests on the iPhone 5 have shown day-ending results with about 15-20% more battery life used, going from 60% left to 40%-45% left. More detailed statistics on CPU and battery usage are listed on handsfreecontrol.com/FAQ.html.

Quote Originally Posted by iJoy View Post
    When I try to open an app talking to Siri the iPhone crash and take me to the Apple screen (boot logo)?!
    Make sure you are on version 4.0. 3.3 was not compatible with iOS 6, resulting in a SpringBoard crash. You should have been notified to update if you're installing from the legitimate BigBoss repository. (Please install from the legitimate repository!)
    Last edited by Slowfoxtrot; 02-24-2013 at 11:57 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This looks great, does it require AssistantExtensions to work?

Hi. Any tips to get this working on a Bluetooth headset? I have a Voyager Legend and I can't get it to launch when I say Siri. It works without a Bluetooth. Using it with a headset is the main reason I bought this. Any help or suggestions is appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by XweAponX View Post
    This looks great, does it require AssistantExtensions to work?
    No, the only dependencies are Ryan Petrich's Activator and Dustin Howett's PreferenceLoader.

Quote Originally Posted by jekim View Post
    Hi. Any tips to get this working on a Bluetooth headset? I have a Voyager Legend and I can't get it to launch when I say Siri. It works without a Bluetooth. Using it with a headset is the main reason I bought this. Any help or suggestions is appreciated. Thanks.
    Once the headset is connected Hands-Free Control will automatically switch the mic to the new audio route, along with audio feedback. You shouldn't have to do anything but turn your Bluetooth headset on and connect it to your device. You can confirm it is working by looking for the Bluetooth icon in the lower right hand corner of the Siri screen, as seen in the screenshots. By tapping on it you can set which audio route you want.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image.jpg   -image.jpg  
    Last edited by Slowfoxtrot; 02-24-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowfoxtrot View Post
    Once the headset is connected Hands-Free Control will automatically switch the mic to the new audio route, along with audio feedback. You shouldn't have to do anything but turn your Bluetooth headset on and connect it to your device. You can confirm it is working by looking for the Bluetooth icon in the lower right hand corner of the Siri screen, as seen in the screenshots. By tapping on it you can set which audio route you want.
    I tried again and now I can say Siri and it pops up but it just hangs up at that point and does nothing. It doesn't lock the phone it just stays there and does nothing. The Bluetooth symbol next to Siri is lit. I'm going to try and remove, reboot and reinstall.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slayorktc View Post
    Also.. This tweak breaks my voice search in the google app.. If that can get fixed that would be great... Siri really should speak answers back..
    Same here and siri freeze to send text

The correct response is " Cancel "

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iJoy View Post
    Mine does the same thing. I ask it to "Open Pandora" or any other app and it crashes the springboard. I have Assistant Enhancer installed which may be an issue.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast