+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evasi0n 1.5 Released With Fixes for Booting Times

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Default Evasi0n 1.5 Released With Fixes for Booting Times

The evad3rs have updated the evasi0n.com Web site with download links for evasi0n version 1.5, which is an updated version of the untethered iOS 6 jailbreak tool. Evasi0n can jailbreak untethered iOS 6.0, iOS 6.0.1, iOS 6.0.2, iOS 6.1, iOS 6.1.1, and iOS 6.1.2 on every iOS device that can run iOS 6.

The update to the jailbreak tool includes the fixes that came in today’s evasi0n iOS 6.0-6.1.2 untether package update in Cydia, which means the problem that was causing boot issues on some iOS devices when they attempt to boot up has been fixed.

The change log states that apart from making the boot up time faster, the included Cydia package list has been updated – evasi0n installs a pre-primed version of Cydia on every iOS device it jailbreaks, and the updated package list means that less stress will be put on the default repository servers for each device that gets jailbroken.

If you are already jailbroken, there is no reason to re-jailbreak with evasi0n version 1.5; however, if you want to anyway, you should perform a DFU mode restore on your device before doing so (see our short guide). If you’re already jailbroken, the best thing to do is install the updated version of the evasi0n untether package in Cydia because this will be the quickest and easiest way for you to go about your day.

The updated evasi0n 1.5 download links are available for you below:

Thanks

Yup...already used it...a ok so far...

Thanks

Aye carumba. 1.6 by midnight?

Thanks

Lol...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Updated via Cydia today, a couple of hours ago. My iPhone 4 Bootup time is still 60 seconds.

PS-Had re-jailbroken day before with v1.4. same same for time plus my Backlight dim on Home screen is 45 seconds & on Lock screen 25 seconds for fade to black. Not good.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sandeeproy View Post
    My iPhone 4 Bootup time is still 60 seconds.
    Sounds normal to me.

iPhone 4 is slow.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-23-2013)

Thanks

ya i had the backlight issue to with v1.4 all others were great, weird..

What's Jailbreak? NanoTeXplorer's Avatar
    Thanks

Updated via Cydia today, a couple of hours ago. My iPhone 4 Bootup time is still 60 seconds.

PS-Had re-jailbroken day before with v1.4. same same for time plus my Backlight dim on Home screen is 45 seconds & on Lock screen 25 seconds for fade to black. Not good.
    I think u misunderstood. The update is meant to fix any future phone that wish to Jailbreak as so not to get stuck at the final Evasi0n process when it should auto-boot you to the jailbroken homescreen with Cydia instead of doing a manual hard-reboot (power+home button) cuz thats what happen to me when it got stuck @ the Evasi0n Logo & wouldn't reboot itself after finishing the jailbreak.

It fixes that and got nothing to do with your iPhone boot up time. 😝

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Sounds normal to me.

iPhone 4 is slow.
    No Sir! Much quicker before the JB.

Quote Originally Posted by NanoTeXplorer View Post
    I think u misunderstood. The update is meant to fix any future phone that wish to Jailbreak as so not to get stuck at the final Evasi0n process when it should auto-boot you to the jailbroken homescreen with Cydia instead of doing a manual hard-reboot (power+home button) cuz thats what happen to me when it got stuck @ the Evasi0n Logo & wouldn't reboot itself after finishing the jailbreak.

It fixes that and got nothing to do with your iPhone boot up time. 😝
    Cool Got that !

What's Jailbreak? NanoTeXplorer's Avatar
    Thanks

Jailbroken phones are naturally slow in booting up. Cuz they gotta load up tweaks/settings/themes and what ever u got on there that gotta do with jailbreak etc. Therefore the more jailbreak stuff the more slower it is.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NanoTeXplorer View Post

It fixes that and got nothing to do with your iPhone boot up time. ��
    Wrong, that problem was fixed with Evasi0n 1.3. This update fixes the problem when you reboot, you get the Apple logo multiple times (2 or more), almost like a boot loop, before the phone finishes booting.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mrwilly For This Useful Post:

NanoTeXplorer (02-23-2013)

Thanks

No Sir! Much quicker before the JB.
    Even with the jailbreak, iPhone 5 only takes 22 seconds

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

NanoTeXplorer (02-23-2013), shadow2388 (02-23-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Even with the jailbreak, iPhone 5 only takes 22 seconds
    my 4S takes 24 seconds now, before this fix, it was an extra 14 seconds

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Did they ever fix the respring cache issue?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,067 Times in 4,560 Posts

Ugh!! I mean I'm really Glad for this fix. But I've restored no less than twice now trying to get rid of that double boot Apple logo thinking it was some kind of conflict or weirdness. Why haven't we heard more about this? I follow all the news threads here and the Twitter feeds of all the major devs and this is the first time I'm hearing about this being a bug in the evasi0n untether itself. How could it be possible that we only hear about it being the untether's fault the day of the fix?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sounds normal to me.

iPhone 4 is slow.
    No Sir ! Much quicker before the JailBreak by far. Let's hope for a better fix soon

Thanks

No Sir ! Much quicker before the JailBreak by far. Let's hope for a better fix soon
    All boot up times are faster before a jailbreak, dude. On any phone. The issue is faster or slower "after" a jailbreak - between the last evasion untether tweak and the one they just dropped. There is definitely a faster boot up after this new drop on all three of my phones now 4, 4S and 5. Thank you Dev team! And for finally getting rid of the double Apple logo bounce on boot up! That was driving me crazy.

And Anthony's right. iPhone 4 boot up times, even stock, are much slower than a 4S or 5 stock. No-brainer.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-23-2013 at 09:41 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Your current boot up time is normal and won't get any faster, this fix released, fixed what it was suppose to.

The difference in boot up time is due to Mobile Substrate. If you remove all of your tweaks and mobile substrate, your boot up time will be just like before jailbreaking

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Ugh!! I mean I'm really Glad for this fix. But I've restored no less than twice now trying to get rid of that double boot Apple logo thinking it was some kind of conflict or weirdness. Why haven't we heard more about this? I follow all the news threads here and the Twitter feeds of all the major devs and this is the first time I'm hearing about this being a bug in the evasi0n untether itself. How could it be possible that we only hear about it being the untether's fault the day of the fix?
    I know how you felt. I thought it was certain tweaks, so i tried difference combinations. i thought it was restoring my backup in iTunes, so i tried a clean setup without restoring. I then decided to just live with it, definitely glad for the fix.
    Last edited by mrwilly; 02-23-2013 at 10:15 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    All boot up times are faster before a jailbreak, dude. On any phone. The issue is faster or slower "after" a jailbreak - between the last evasion untether tweak and the one they just dropped. There is definitely a faster boot up after this new drop on all three of my phones now 4, 4S and 5. Thank you Dev team! And for finally getting rid of the double Apple logo bounce on boot up! That was driving me crazy.

And Anthony's right. iPhone 4 boot up times, even stock, are much slower than a 4S or 5 stock. No-brainer.
    Hey Man, I'm aware of those differences(phones & stock iOS). Trust me, I've been Jailbreaking since iOS 4.X & i've never had my phone go so crazy. Good for you guys, if things are working well !

Thanks

Hey Man, I'm aware of those differences(phones & stock iOS). Trust me, I've been Jailbreaking since iOS 4.X & i've never had my phone go so crazy. Good for you guys, if things are working well !
    Something else be causing what you're experiencing. The fix today - fixed boot times for everyone - without 'other issues' is my point. The way you worded your response in last post sounded like you misunderstood what got fixed today. You said 'faster before jailbreak' which I thought meant you were comparing boot times of a non jail broken phone to a jail broken phone.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwilly View Post
    I know how you felt. I thought it was certain tweaks, so i tried difference combinations. i thought it was restoring my backup in iTunes, so i tried a clean setup without restoring. I then decided to just live with it, definitely glad for the fix.
    Yeah. Methinks our devs don't like to admit things they left 'us' to beta test for them.. .. I'm still hugely grateful to them. But disclosure of issues they've identified ASAP would save us from looking for ghosts.