+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evasi0n 1.5 Released With Fixes for Booting Times

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I'm much faster on reboot now. Updated through Cydia on my super picky iOS 6.1.1 iPhone 4S. *edit* After a crash from Auxo I have once again gotten into a
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm much faster on reboot now. Updated through Cydia on my super picky iOS 6.1.1 iPhone 4S.

*edit* After a crash from Auxo I have once again gotten into a problem with Reboots. It is still faster than before the fix but slower than it was when I first updated.
    Last edited by PokemonDesigner; 02-24-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Even with the jailbreak, iPhone 5 only takes 22 seconds
    You aren't lying I love speed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My Cydia is havin problem for refreshing
    Plzz somebody tell the solution...

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    Did they ever fix the respring cache issue?
    Theres a tweak to fix this? Respringcachefix by Ryan petrich. Add his repo to get it

rpetri.ch/repo

Green Apple
    Thanks

Did they ever fix the respring cache issue?
    you need to install this repo: rpetri.ch/repo/

then install the respring cache fix.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 Times in 4,306 Posts

His point is - we now need a tweak to fix it. But it's a bug that's making the resprings keep compiling cache. He's wondering, as do I if the bug, that's been creating the wrong behavior, has been fixed yet. (So we don't need Ryan's tweak)
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Recovering Theme Addict having a relapse jayjOka's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,979 Times in 651 Posts

not sure what happen, but just did the update and phone did a respring and phone will not boot now be careful with this update.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    His point is - we now need a tweak to fix it. But it's a bug that's making the resprings keep compiling cache. He's wondering, as do I if the bug, that's been creating the wrong behavior, has been fixed yet. (So we don't need Ryan's tweak)
    No clue, you could probably tweet @ Ryan an ask, he's very good about responding to people on twitter, and yes I know he didn't help create any of the jailbreak, but he would still know if it was fixed or not.

Thanks

@fanboyfanboy & @p1mpdog1

He isnt asking for a tweak! obviously everyone knows there is a fix! but what he asked was did the actual
    jailbreak FIX the issue rather than download a seperate tweak (fix) to fix the issue. I would also like to know too.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Ryan told me the issue happens on non-jailbroken devices running iOS 6.1 or higher too. So he doesn't see a point in integrating it into the jailbreak tool because it isn't a jailbreak bug.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXess View Post
    @fanboyfanboy & @p1mpdog1

He isnt asking for a tweak! obviously everyone knows there is a fix! but what he asked was did the actual
    jailbreak FIX the issue rather than download a seperate tweak (fix) to fix the issue. I would also like to know too.
    Read reply.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I used 1.4 to JB after restoring to 6.1.2. I would have stayed at 6.1.1, but I was still having app crash problems. On 6.1.1 I would get that boot fade out thing, up to five times before I would see my animated bootlogo. After updating and using evasi0n 1.4, It boots in about 45 seconds, sometimes, up to a minute.

Ryan told me the issue happens on non-jailbroken devices running iOS 6.1 or higher too. So he doesn't see a point in integrating it into the jailbreak tool because it isn't a jailbreak bug.

Read reply.
    Your right, cos when I first put 6.1 in it would do that.

I'm glad I read this, I've been having problems with this issue since 6.1. I just applied that tweek, so we'll see if it helps.
    Last edited by XweAponX; 02-24-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Thanks

I'm confused Anthony. You can't respring a non-jail broken phone - so how could it ever be a problem on stock?

Thanks

I'm confused Anthony. You can't respring a non-jail broken phone - so how could it ever be a problem on stock?
    Try changing the language repeatedly on a non-jailbroken device and see what happens.

Thanks

Try changing the language repeatedly on a non-jailbroken device and see what happens.
    Well of course. But in the jailbreak world 90% of us are theming and adding new stuff and respringing multiple times a day. Respring is not an 'option' in stock, so the amount of times it could fill a cache is next to zilch.

With respect to Ryan and gratefulness for his workaround tweak - this is an Apple or Evasi0n bug that needs to ultimately be addressed.

Speaking of which - Anthony - have you heard anything more about the battery stats erase upon respringing bug?

Thanks

Well of course. But in the jailbreak world 90% of us are theming and adding new stuff and respringing multiple times a day. Respring is not an 'option' in stock, so the amount of times it could fill a cache is next to zilch.

With respect to Ryan and gratefulness for his workaround tweak - this is an Apple or Evasi0n bug that needs to ultimately be addressed.

Speaking of which - Anthony - have you heard anything more about the battery stats erase upon respringing bug?
    Yup, the battery thing is ticking me off.

The cache fix isn't only for respringing. I respect Ryan's ultimate opinion, although I think it could shine when integrated into the jailbreak.

Thanks

Yup, the battery thing is ticking me off.
    Don't get me started... aaargh.. Battery testing is an essential part of jailbreak stability assessment. I need it back BAD! So not even a hint from evasi0n camp that it's their fault? Like the Double Apple Logo boot up bug they just fixed and not a 'word' of admission until the day they offer a fix in 1.5.. Dang, I love those guys for what they do for us - but they sure do count on us for a lot of beta testing. LOL! But I wouldn't give ANYTHING to be still without a jailbreak - so I guess it's just part of the deal... right? But not a word on the battery thing, huh?

The cache fix isn't only for respringing. I respect Ryan's ultimate opinion, although I think it could shine when integrated into the jailbreak.
    Yeah. Fair enuff. I agree on this too. And glad to have Ryan's tweak running flawlessly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[QUOTE=NewdestinyX;6778030]Something else be causing what you're experiencing. The fix today - fixed boot times for everyone - without 'other issues' is my point. The way you worded your response in last post sounded like you misunderstood what got fixed today. You said 'faster before jailbreak' which I thought meant you were comparing boot times of a non jail broken phone to a jail broken phone.

Thanks ! I get your point about 'something else' being the reason ( will revert when i isolate the issue ).
    Feedback - Even after JBv1.5 with just Cydia installed - 60 secs. But i'm Cool with it as lot's folks on iP4 are facing similiar issues, including baclikght dim on homesceen at 45 secs.
    Thanks again for your inputs though.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Theres a tweak to fix this? Respringcachefix by Ryan petrich. Add his repo to get it

rpetri.ch/repo
    Thanks! I heard about this but I was hoping it would be fixed in the JB. I wonder why Ryan doesn't release it from beta..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sandeeproy View Post
    Thanks ! I get your point about 'something else' being the reason ( will revert when i isolate the issue ).
    Feedback - Even after JBv1.5 with just Cydia installed - 60 secs. But i'm Cool with it as lot's folks on iP4 are facing similiar issues, including baclikght dim on homesceen at 45 secs.
    Thanks again for your inputs though.
    My iPhone 4 is also about 60 sec boot up after 1.5. That's typical for a 4 and no indication of any trouble. iPhone 4 is just a slower machine than 4S or 5. Boot up of stock ip4 is about 50 sec too. So we only lose 10sec after jailbreak.

Thanks

I wonder why Ryan doesn't release it from beta..
    Because it's still in beta lol