+ Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bored With Those Wallpaper Images? It's Time to Try LivePapers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH It's not better than vWallpaper. vWallpaper is kind of buggy though. Especially with iOS6. I'm still running 5.1.1 but my brother in law has some issues
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,583 Times in 771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    It's not better than vWallpaper. vWallpaper is kind of buggy though. Especially with iOS6. I'm still running 5.1.1 but my brother in law has some issues with it.
    I see! I haven't tried vWallpaper since being on iOS 6.x so I can't comment on it, yet

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

A couple things..

W/ LockInfo, I can not interact with Nexus on the lock screen.

Second, Bubbles pro only runs for about 3 seconds and then freezes on the home screen.. I have to lock and unlock to get it the bubbles to move for another 3 seconds.. Don't have this issue with Nexus on my home screen..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Anyone else having a issue with this latest update and intelliscreen x? Tried it on both my phone and girlfriends and every time I bring the NC down it freezes the default bubble screen until I lock and unlock the phone.

Thanks

Oh look! I have Live Wallpapers w/out touch response...

...but my wallpaper looks 100 times cooler than some Bubbles or Colored Lines! Hahahaha!!!

http://youtu.be/yFB1c_EBK6E

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post

...but my wallpaper looks 100 times cooler than some Bubbles or Colored Lines! Hahahaha!!!

CYDIA TWEAKS: iPhone 5 w/ vWallpaper 2 and More! - YouTube

That is slick!! What tweaks are those? I left a comment on your video too.

Green Apple
    Thanks

hahahaha

hahaha, give it some time and then check the repos, google some

Quote Originally Posted by altoiddealer View Post
    Cool story

Thanks
    Thanked 14,772 Times in 6,869 Posts

CYDIA TWEAKS: iPhone 5 w/ vWallpaper 2 and More! - YouTube
    I think the bubbles and nexus look better than that, just my opinion though.
    Anthony has stated the difference between this and vwallpaper. One is graphical, the other plays video as wallpaper. I have tried both of them and have to say the livepapers method of using graphics is the better solution for it. It is more like the Android method of having live wallpaper.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Anthony has stated the difference between this and vwallpaper. One is graphical, the other plays video as wallpaper. I have tried both of them and have to say the livepapers method of using graphics is the better solution for it. It is more like the Android method of having live wallpaper.
    I'm sure it is but until they come out with a few more options, I'm sticking with vWallpaper.

Thanks

I'm sure it is but until they come out with a few more options, I'm sticking with vWallpaper.
    yup, still a long way to go but I think it has the potential to be a lot better than vwallpaper.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm curious how this tweak is any better than vWallpaper 2....

Except w/ vWallpaper you get a lot more features!
    Because vWallpapers are video wallpapers.

LivePapers are not videos. They're animated graphics than have been programmed to interact to touch and not drain battery like videos will.

It's not better than vWallpaper. vWallpaper is kind of buggy though. Especially with iOS6. I'm still running 5.1.1 but my brother in law has some issues with it.
    Could you explain how vWallpaper is better?

I will take programmable animated graphics over looping videos any day of the week!

Quote Originally Posted by robdam1001 View Post
    Love the tweak, very cool. Is there any way to add current weather or temperature to this on the Lockscreen?
    In the future, a weather LivePaper will be made available.

Thanks

I have to agree that 'eventually' the LivePaper method will be better but, as of now, its really no different in regards to appearance.

I disagree that the bubbles and nexus look better. I'm not a huge live wallpaper fan but I've always liked this Cloud video!

iPhone? More like MyPhone jps1012's Avatar
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=In the future, a weather LivePaper will be made available.[/QUOTE]

Will all these be an additional $1? I'm gun shy to buy one now if a better one comes out next week

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Because vWallpapers are video wallpapers.

LivePapers are not videos. They're animated graphics than have been programmed to interact to touch and not drain battery like videos will.

Could you explain how vWallpaper is better?

I will take programmable animated graphics over looping videos any day of the week!

In the future, a weather LivePaper will be made available.
    I just find it boring. I think it will be better when they come out with some more interesting ones. I'd rather have a cool looking looping video than some boring bubbles or lines. Yeah, it's cool that they interact with you when you touch the screen but it's just bland looking IMO. A weather livepaper would be sick and I'm curious to see it. I'll be happy to ditch vWallpaper when livepaper comes out with more some more interesting wallpapers because vWallpaper kind of sucks and is buggy like I said.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I found a bug today. When I access the camera from the lock screen then press the home button it crashes springboard. I deleted the tweak and it corrected the problem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Davoo View Post
    I found a bug today. When I access the camera from the lock screen then press the home button it crashes springboard. I deleted the tweak and it corrected the problem.
    I just tried that and couldn't reproduce the crash. Maybe it's another tweak or combination of this one and another causing it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just tried that and couldn't reproduce the crash. Maybe it's another tweak or combination of this one and another causing it.
    Thanks for trying. I assumed it was this tweak because I was going through them one by one and the crash stopped when I deleted it. I thought camera tweak was the culprit but I reinstalled it after deleting LP and still no problems.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Davoo View Post
    Thanks for trying. I assumed it was this tweak because I was going through them one by one and the crash stopped when I deleted it. I thought camera tweak was the culprit but I reinstalled it after deleting LP and still no problems.
    Could be a combination of the two. Try removing the camera tweak and just using livepapers to see if it still crashes then.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soundwarp View Post
    Anyone else having a issue with this latest update and intelliscreen x? Tried it on both my phone and girlfriends and every time I bring the NC down it freezes the default bubble screen until I lock and unlock the phone.
    Same here, hope they get this fix. I love both apps and i dont want to remove either one.

Thanks

I appreciate the battery saving awareness of the programmer.

However, since my battery saving concerns are not as high...is there any way to extend the animation freeze timer (increase from 30-40 secs to >60secs)? It is far too short for my liking, but even a minute would be a vast improvement...maybe a "stand-alone" tweak?
    Last edited by GeoffS4; 02-27-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Thanks

i'm not able to pull down intelliscreenX when livepaper is active... at least not with the Nexus one (have tried with the Bubbles one). i prefer intelliscreenX over livepaper so until it's fixed i'm keeping it disabled.