Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Predicter' Notifies You When Someone Starts Typing an iMessage, Clears What They Type

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WiiWendy View Post
    Then next thing you know someone is complaining about privacy rights and OMG, here we go again. More iPhone rights taken away.
    I love my tweaks but I'm not so sure about this one. I think it could become very complicated.
    Just My 2 cents.
    There's no privacy risk. I've been in iMessage before, reviewing a conversation, when I notice that the other person has just started typing a message (the 💬 bubble appears). I've also noticed when they stopped typing (probably because he/she accidentally started typing into the wrong conversation). I have seen this without the tweak. The tweak just let's you know while you're not looking at iMessage (and for the other conversations since you can only view one at a time).

This is the perfect tweak for those of you who aren't patient enough to wait 10 seconds for the actual message to be sent.

Thanks

I tried the tweak and, so far, it has not worked. I am rebooting my phone now...

Thanks

Works after reboot. The notifications are a bit too large and they show the contact's picture as if it was sent by MMS. I'm gonna tweak it to be banner-only (no Notification center, no sounds, no lock screen).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by auzambo View Post
    this is the perfect tweak for those of you who aren't patient enough to wait 10 seconds for the actual message to be sent.
    zomg zomg zomg!!! They are typing back!!! Zomg! Justin bieber!!!

Tested this with a few phones. Hasn't worked once.

Thanks

If I knew a friend with this tweak, I would be abusing the poo out of it to annoy him.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    That just hides the ellipsis.
    Thats not true. Its stops the device sending the input/clear trigger to the servers which in turn stops the ellipsis being displayed on the recipients device, which is why Predicter wont work is you have typingprivacy set to on.

On the subject of this app, it works fairly consistently if you have an active conversation from the sender, but otherwise it doesnt seem to work.

I found it only works with one person who texts me. Mind you it's exactly the person I want to it work for ironically. However, there's heap of other people who imessage me and not a single other one works at all and I'm talking about active conversations. I have one in particular who's on same carrier, also iPhone 5 and it never ever has worked, yet simultaneously, in between messages, I will see it work from the one person it does work with. That's got me stumped. So I have TypeStatus installed which does work for every imessage as well, it just doesn't always get my attention with its small icon.
    Last edited by Ozdude; 03-20-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Does this work with bitesms ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozdude View Post
    I found it only works with one person who texts me. Mind you it's exactly the person I want to it work for ironically. However, there's heap of other people who imessage me and not a single other one works at all and I'm talking about active conversations. I have one in particular who's on same carrier, also iPhone 5 and it never ever has worked, yet simultaneously, in between messages, I will see it work from the one person it does work with. That's got me stumped. So I have TypeStatus installed which does work for every imessage as well, it just doesn't always get my attention with its small icon.
    Yeah I have the same problem wish the could have some kind of update to fix iot

Quote Originally Posted by Ozdude View Post
    Same here hope it gets updated soon to fix this

Update:

Actually mines working right now . It shows all the people who are typing ..
    Last edited by Lkkwus; 04-10-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Mine works now but the banner doesn't show till I pull down my intelliscreen ... Is there a way to change that ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Longhorns87 View Post
    Mine works now but the banner doesn't show till I pull down my intelliscreen ... Is there a way to change that ?!?
    Did you go to notifications and select banner ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lkkwus View Post
    Did you go to notifications and select banner ?
    Yeah I already did that

I downloaded it but its not working. I think I enable it in the notification center (it didnt say Predictor it said Settings, It seem to be the right one) I am not getting any notifications at all. Any idea of whats going on? I'm not sure if I missed something. I have an iphone 4 and I downloaded version 0.2

Any Ideas of what could be happening?
    Last edited by fattygal; 04-12-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12