+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook for iOS Update Redesigns Like and Comment Buttons, Adds Free VoIP Feature

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Facebook for iOS Update Redesigns Like and Comment Buttons, Adds Free VoIP Feature

Facebook has issued an update to the free iOS application in the App Store today, bringing it up to version 5.5. The update focuses on enhancing the usability of the timeline, by redesigning the Like and Comment buttons so they’re easier to tap on a mobile device. They have been enlarged, and now appear they do in the screenshot below:

Also improved, is the down-pointing arrow button at the top right of the status update. Tapping that will display a menu allowing you to hide the status update, report or mark the status update as spam, or copy a link to the status update so you can more easily share it with your friends. The share feature is now available in all languages.

The update also brings a free VoIP feature to mobile Facebook users in the United States and Canada. The feature allows you to call any of your Facebook friends at no cost, however data usage costs from your carrier may apply.

To update to the latest version of Facebook for iOS, you can head over to your Updates tab in the App Store and find the update if you have Facebook for iOS installed. If you don’t have Facebook for iOS installed yet, you can download it for free from this link.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have no idea where the VoIP feature is in the FB app.

Thanks

looks like the VoIP is in FB Messenger app. Also if you message someone from the FB app, there's a "free call" button.

I never message.

(You have to tap the info button in the upper right of the message composition window)
    Last edited by novadam; 02-22-2013 at 05:39 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've downloaded Facebook messenger app, and on it you simple click the plus sign ( + ) and a mic show on the bar where you can record voice

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tripz71 View Post
    I've downloaded Facebook messenger app, and on it you simple click the plus sign ( + ) and a mic show on the bar where you can record voice
    Why?! FB Messenger is integrated into the app... Just curious as to whether this update fixes the push alert sounds...?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm still waiting my dislike button

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puissance000 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (02-23-2013), Jj2345 (02-23-2013)

Thanks

Crashes on my JB'd iPhone 5.

Thanks

Worked fine on my ip5....but they still have not put back the ability to post a pick from photo library...still just camera roll...stupid...

iPhone? More like MyPhone davesnothere11's Avatar
    Thanks

I just got around to updating this today.

Now the app icon disappeared and I can't open the app it says I have through settings or the App Store.

Hmmm
    Trying to remove with iTunes now.

Edit: works fine after removal with iTunes and a reinstall. I also had to reinstall mobile terminal, byta font, and iTransmission3 as they went to a blank white icon and wouldn't open after the Facebook update issue.
    Last edited by davesnothere11; 02-24-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Thanks

Reboot may have helped that... FB STILL does not look past Camera Roll... Can't post pics from Library since 5.0.1... 5.0.1 was last ver to do that...

Thanks

Fortunately, I save all my .ipa files after an update n iTunes dumps them in recycle bin...I drag them out into another folder...I hacked the plist file so I won't have the annoying update badge on iTunes n put ver 5.0.1 of FB back on...I'll never stay on an update till they fix this....