+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FullForce for iPhone Updated With New App-shrinking Feature, Stretching Option

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default FullForce for iPhone Updated With New App-shrinking Feature, Stretching Option

The popular FullForce for iPhone jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Ryan Petrich has been updated with some additional interesting features that will open up the realm of usability and personal options. In case you don't recall what the tweak does, it expands legacy application resolutions to fit the four-inch display of the iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5G.

The first major new feature of the tweak is to choose between expanded or stretched applications. By default, before today’s update, users could only expand applications – this meant that the tweak would try to compensate for the larger screen by patching up the empty space of the application. In today's update, users can also choose a stretched option if they desire, which will actually stretch the canvas rather than expand it. You can see the difference between the different effects below:

Expanded mode works best with applications where the canvas of the application is uniform throughout. Stretched mode will work best with games, such as Infinity Blade (the original), where the game will be stretched to fill the screen. Stretching applications where the application's canvas is uniform throughout will look goofy – so stick to games with that feature!

Also, as more of a testing feature, FullForce for iPhone will now allow you to also shrink taller applications into legacy mode. The tweak also lets you choose how the application is letterboxed on the display. You can have the application centered, close to the top, or close to the bottom depending on your preference:

The option to have the application closer to the top or the bottom also works on legacy applications that you haven't expanded or stretched, and not just on taller applications that you've shrunken down. Having the application closer to the bottom might make it easier to type on the keyboard when in portrait mode on the taller display.

The update is free for all existing owners of FullForce for iPhone, however those who still want to grab the tweak can find it in the BigBoss repository for just 99. The application resizing works very well and makes everything feel more native on the taller displays in the long run, so it's definitely worth the price. Check it out!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am trilled!

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

ModMyi app runs fine on iPhone 5 without FullForce.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Yes it does. I was demonstrating the shrink feature, which is new to FullForce for iPhone and allows you to shrink taller apps to legacy size. It also will allow you to choose the location of the canvas on the screen when letterboxed.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (02-21-2013)

Thanks

Finally I was waiting for an update like this. Now I can play Secret of Mana more enjoyably.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    +1