+ Reply
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'AssistantEnhancer' Gives Siri A Truckload of New Features

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
For those of you looking forward to adding more useful jailbreak tweaks to your newly-jailbroken iPhone 5, don’t forget about that sometimes-handy voice assistant called Siri! There are some great
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'AssistantEnhancer' Gives Siri A Truckload of New Features

For those of you looking forward to adding more useful jailbreak tweaks to your newly-jailbroken iPhone 5, don’t forget about that sometimes-handy voice assistant called Siri! There are some great Siri jailbreak tweaks in Cydia right now that can make her do more stuff, including a new one called AssistantEnhancer by iOS developer Zaid Elkurdi.

AssistantEnhancer adds so much to Siri, that we’ll have to divide this overview into sections:

Useful Querying Features

AssistantEnhancer brings some useful new querying features to Siri. For example, you can now open Siri and say something like, “Find concerts happening next weekend” and Siri will use your location to find music concerts that will be happening near you next weekend. You can mix it up a little bit, and also say something like, "Look up some concerts near me in March" and Siri will find concerts near you in the month of March. You can also asking about hiking trips or book readings.

AssistantEnhancer will also allow you to query the App Store right from Siri. You can ask Siri to look up an application in the App Store by saying something like, “Search Angry Birds on the App Store” and Siri will bring up a list of related applications, with their ratings and prices, that you can tap on to open the App Store and look at in full detail.

Another great feature of AssistantEnhancer is that you can query Siri about song lyrics. Just say something like, “What are the lyrics to Headstrong?” and Siri will search for and show you the lyrics to the song Headstrong. You can do this for just about any song you want to. You can even say "Show lyrics" while a song is playing to see the lyrics for the song that is currently playing.

Useful Querying Features Continued

AssistantEnhancer also adds some less-detailed querying features, such as the ability to search for images and having Siri show you the image you ask for. You can also ask Siri for what something means via the Urban Dictionary definition, and search Ebay or Amazon for products that you’d like to buy.

You will be able to say things like "Go to Google.com," and Siri will open Mobile Safari and load up the Google Web site without asking you if you want to search the Web. You can do this with a variety of Web sites. you can even view Web comics via Siri with AssistantEnhancer.

AssistantEnhancer also lets you dial 911 via Siri and get ahold of the police when there is an emergency.

Ask About and Manage System Information

AssistantEnhancer will also add some useful system features to Siri. You will be able to ask Siri how your battery life is looking by saying something like, “how much battery do I have left?” and Siri will tell you about how much battery life you have left.

You can also manage your memory via Siri – you can ask Siri how much memory you have left by saying something like, “How much memory do I have available?” and Siri will tell you how much memory is being used, how much is free, and how much memory you have in total. If you’re interested, you can even say, “Free Memory” and Siri can free up some memory for you.

In addition, you'll be able to say something like "How much storage space do I have left?" to query the amount of storage you have left on your iOS device.

Have Siri Remember Where You Parked Your Car

If you park in large parking lots often, and you forget where you park often, then AssistantEnhancer has you covered. You can tell Siri, “Remember where I parked” right before you leave your car, and Siri will remember. When you finish shopping, you can say, “Where’s my car?” and Siri will let you tap a link to get directions to your car.

Integration With Third-Party Music Apps

AssistantEnhancer also comes with support for third-party (as well as native) music applications, such as Spotify, Grooveshark, and Pandora. You’ll be able to play specific playlists from Spotify, and even specific stations from Pandora. If you don’t use these features, you can also tell Siri to play individual songs through Grooveshark or Spotify.

To play a specific song through Grooveshark or Spotify (you enable the one(s) you want to use in the Settings), you would say something like, "Play Life is Beautiful." You could even say something like, "Play album Ride the Lightning" to play a full album, or "Play artist Metallica" to play music by a particular artist. To start playing a playlist from Spotify, you could say something like, "Play my running playlist." In order to take advantage of playlists, you'll have to configure them in the Settings. To start playing a particular station from Pandora, you can say something like "Start a station for Metallica." In order to take advantage of stations, you'll have to configure them in the Settings.

Settings

From the preferences pane for AssistantEnhancer in the Settings application, you can set your emergency number, enable or disable the local events feature, and enable or disable using Siri to open Web page shortcuts.

You will also be able to select the music application you want to integrate with Siri, and you can configure your Spotify playlists and Pandora stations.

AssistantEnhancer is the complete package of features that Apple forgot to (or didn’t want to?) add to Siri. Almost all of the features that come with AssistantEnhancer are extremely useful in one way or another. The whole package can be had for just $1.99 in the BigBoss repository.

AssistantEnhancer is an add-on for the free AssistantExtensions tweak. AssistantEnhancer requires iOS 5 or later, and works on iOS 6. You need to have a Siri-capable device to use the tweak.

Note: The Spotify API is currently down, so Spotify commands aren't working at the moment. This should be up again soon!

Name: AssistantEnhancer
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 5+, Siri capability
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Zaid Elkurdi
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-21-2013 at 03:41 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

exNavy (02-22-2013), Mrteacup (02-21-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Is there a way to have siri running on a locked phone and ask it to unlock by mentioning the passcode ?

Imagine asking siri " unlock my iphone passcode 2346" then it unlocks and continue using other features of siri.

right now it will always tell you to unlock manually before doing other features like opening apps etc etc

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does this supports spanish?

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zenj View Post
    Is there a way to have siri running on a locked phone and ask it to unlock by mentioning the passcode ?

Imagine asking siri " unlock my iphone passcode 2346" then it unlocks and continue using other features of siri.

right now it will always tell you to unlock manually before doing other features like opening apps etc etc
    Isn't the whole point of a pass code is for privacy and yet you tell Siri out loud?

Livin the iPhone Life Sniper488's Avatar
    Thanks

Free Memory doesn't work

Thanks

Does it enable wifi or Bluetooth?

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Isn't the whole point of a pass code is for privacy and yet you tell Siri out loud?
    I think he means if he's by himself or like at home, but if that's the case and your at home on wifi, why not set it to disable lock when your connected to your known wifi, I have androidlock do that whenever it connects to my home wifi so I don't have to enter my password

AKA pierrechampoux Andis Jackson's Avatar
    Thanks

I installed this and it caused safe mode for me. Are there any tweaks that interact poorly with assistant extensions?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Waiting for Hands-Free Control to be updated...

Green Apple
    Thanks

The passcode probably wouldn't be very secret.

Thanks

The phone boots into safe mode if you try to open an app with Siri

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

will it give results in the UK?

Thanks
    I installed it and I have no issues

Thanks

this **** **** mi iphone 4s !!!!!!!
    **** it!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States
    Thanks
    Assistant Extensions is not compatible with iPhone 5, so until it is, then this addon is hit or miss as to effectiveness.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spoooner View Post
    The passcode probably wouldn't be very secret.
    I imagine that one would only use it that way in the privacy of their own space. Whatever that might happen to be.

Thanks

None of these will work until Assistant extensions gets an update.

Thanks

I am waiting for my thumb print anywhere on screen to unlock my iPhone5!
    Also as I'm driving down the road I would like to say "Siri play number of the beast" bam it's on without taking eyes off road!!
    ? Why cannot Siri carry on an easy conversation

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ECUpirate44 View Post
    None of these will work until Assistant extensions gets an update.
    I'm not sure what you mean. All of our testing was done via iPhone 5 – you can tell by the screenshots. It worked on our iPhone 5 during testing.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

robdam1001 (02-21-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me dwizurd's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm on an iPhone 4S running 6.1.2 and have had no issues with this tweak so far. I can open apps, have Siri pull up pics, play music from any of my 3rd party music apps, etc. well worth $$ in my opinion. And I found out that new kids on the block will be in ky in march lol
    Noobus Majorus thanks are welcome <---

+ Reply
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast