+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upcoming Tweak 'ActiveDock' Makes Your iOS Dock Behave Like the Mac OS X Dock

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
An upcoming jailbreak tweak dubbed ActiveDock will make your iOS application dock look and behave more like the application dock in Mac OS X. The tweak is a beautiful collaborative
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Upcoming Tweak 'ActiveDock' Makes Your iOS Dock Behave Like the Mac OS X Dock

An upcoming jailbreak tweak dubbed ActiveDock will make your iOS application dock look and behave more like the application dock in Mac OS X. The tweak is a beautiful collaborative effort between iOS developer Filippo Bigarella and graphical designer Surenix.

The tweak makes your iOS application dock behave more like the application dock in Mac OS X by causing your application icons to bounce based on certain actions. For example, an application icon on your dock will bounce once when you tap on it from the dock to launch it, and an application icon in the dock will bounce repeatedly when you receive a notification from the application (as shown above). The bouncing will stop when you acknowledge the notification. You can also adjust how often the bouncing occurs due to a notification. The tweak doesn't affect your home screen application icons.

Additionally, the tweak gives the iOS application dock a new appearance that resembles the application dock in Mac OS X Mountain Lion. It includes a redesign of the application icon reflections, a redesign of the glass dock itself, and the tweak even adds the light indicators to show you the applications that are running:

The light indicators are highly interactive – they will appear and stay on the dock as long as the application is open in the App Switcher. When you close the application from the App Switcher, the light indicator will disappear, emulating the action of quitting an application on Mac OS X. The Phone and Mail applications will always show the indicator no matter what, since those applications are always running in the background no matter what – similarly to Finder on Mac OS X.

From the preferences pane of ActiveDock, you will be able to enable and disable the tweak on demand and choose to enable or disable the bouncing animation for both launching applications and receiving notifications:

You will also be able to set the "Bounce Every" property to choose how often the dock's application icons will bounce when you receive notifications from them. You can set this option to:

• Never
    • Constant
    • Every 30 seconds
    • Every 1 minute
    • Every 1.5 minutes
    • Every 2 minutes
    • Every 2.5 minutes
    • Every 3 minutes

ActiveDock adds a beautiful touch of animations, looks, and interactivity to the iOS home screen. It will be compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, and works on iOS 6 too! The tweak will be submitted to Cydia today and is expected to be available in Cydia within the next few days for the price of $1.99.

What do you think about ActiveDock?
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-21-2013 at 12:12 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

I was just thinking about how I wished there was a tweak like this last night. I'm buying this as soon as it releases.

Is there a tweak that gives you the "genie" animation like when you minimize a window to the osx dock?
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,865 Times in 6,164 Posts

Finally a truely worth while tweak!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (02-21-2013), primalscream.40 (02-21-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hmmm, the "before" pic is after the "after" pic, or is the after before the before... anyway cool tweak.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I wonder how this will work with : scrollingboard and springtomize with loads of apps all crampped together.

Thanks

This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about yesterday when another tweak that let's you animate your icons. I would love to see this expanded to have user-chosen animations for ANY icon that has a badge notification.

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting tweak. I will also get this. Light indicator is a good idea ... +1

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TRoN01 View Post
    Hmmm, the "before" pic is after the "after" pic, or is the after before the before... anyway cool tweak.
    If you would look closer you would notice that there are light indicators on the dock in the "After" picture.

I was actually just coding a tweak similar to this. Maybe I will get in contact with the devs and share info and code.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by micaiah12 View Post
    If you would look closer you would notice that there are light indicators on the dock in the "After" picture.

I was actually just coding a tweak similar to this. Maybe I will get in contact with the devs and share info and code.
    I looked close. The "after" pic time is before the "before" pic and the bat % in the after is more, but whatever, it was humor not a criticism or correction...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Doesn't livelyicons do this already?

Thanks

This reply is aimed at micaiah12, even though it's a response to TRoN's post...

I looked close. The "after" pic time is before the "before" pic and the bat % in the after is more, but whatever, it was humor not a criticism or correction...
    Well since he's going to criticize you for pointing out the error, I'm going to back you up.

The time is 1 minute later in the "before" pic, making it an obvious "after" pic unless it was taken 23 hrs and 59 minutes before...

The battery percentage is higher in the "before" pic even though the phone is not charging (unless there is a tweak installed to prevent the battery from showing as charging)...

And I don't see any difference in the pics besides the time and battery percentage.

TRoN may not have been critical or correcting, but if you want to try to call him out for errors, then check your own facts bud...
    Last edited by spideyrules; 02-21-2013 at 01:26 PM. Reason: To clear up intentions?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What are you talkin about, bud? The after pic should be later in time than the before pic. Like before he weighed 300 pounds, and a year after he weighs 150 pounds. Am I right or am I right? Again, was supposed to be funny but no one got it.
    Last edited by TRoN01; 02-21-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spideyrules View Post
    And I don't see any difference in the pics besides the time and battery percentage.

One dock is iOS-styled. The other dock looks like the dock from Mac OS X Mountain Lion.

Thanks

What are you talkin about, bud? The after pic should be later in time than the before pic. Like before he weighed 300 pounds, and a year after he weighs 150 pounds. Am I right or am I right? Again, was supposed to be funny but no one got it.
    I was agreeing with you and backing you up. Reread dude...

I STRAINED to look for any sort of "light indicators" but was focusing on the icons....Now I do see the light indicators...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

One dock is iOS-styled. The other dock looks like the dock from Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
    Last edited by spideyrules; 02-21-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hudss View Post
    Doesn't livelyicons do this already?
    LivelyIcons has a completely different intent. It's a homescreen animation tweak.

ActiveDock is only for the dock, and uses a bounce animation for notifications as well as launching applications. The tweak also includes a Mac OS X Mountain Lion-styled dock with light indicators and new app reflections appearance. It's very different from LivelyIcons, so no LivelyIcons doesn't do this.

Quote Originally Posted by spideyrules View Post
    I STRAINED to look for any sort of "light indicators" but was focusing on the icons....Now I do see the light indicators...
    Not only that, the glass and application reflections are also styled differently.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-21-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,026 Times in 258 Posts

Would like to see this in combination with themed docks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Gosh all these awesome tweaks coming out for iOS and I'm stuck with my Android. And my iPod touch is old and slowing down so this wouldn't be worth putting on it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

What's the comparability with springtomize? I have the coverflow effect on with 5 icons in the dock, I like how it has the little bar under it to show which are open, and the bounce feature is nice, id like to buy it but if it's not comparable with springtomize it's a waste of my money

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well I guess this beats the Mountain Lion dock I posted a few weeks ago.

Mountain Lion Dock for iOS 6

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    What's the comparability with springtomize? I have the coverflow effect on with 5 icons in the dock, I like how it has the little bar under it to show which are open, and the bounce feature is nice, id like to buy it but if it's not comparable with springtomize it's a waste of my money
    It works fine. But I think it looks better without the CoverFlow effect.