Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evasi0n 1.4 Released With Support for iOS 6.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I'm in the same boat with my ip5. Stock it was pretty good (still nowhere near Apple specs even with moderate usage and sensible preference settings). After jailbreak on a heavy use day, moderate preference settings, 30 or so tweaks and I'm an iWidget madman I couldn't get thru the day without a 2nd charge. . But the thing is, with all the same tweaks and iWidgets jail broken on 4S with 5.1.1 same prefs settings I'd get thru the day. So I knew it wasn't just about my tweak or iWidget fanaticism. There has to be something more.

So the Exchange Calendar bug fix in 6.1.2 was a MAJOR upgrade for me. That fix has gotten me power back; but only about 10-15% more. So that at least gets me thru the day of heavy use now. But only barely. 4-6 hours of use rest stand-by gets me to 10pm at 4% or so.. So it's still worse than 4S - which was notoriously bad for many of us. Last great battery was iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.1. Battery issues started on iOS 5. I think it's the multitasking thing.

I even tested turning all my iWidgets off and that only gains me about 3% more battery time!!! That surprised me as most thought my infatuation with iWidgets would account for some serious battery drain. But that's just not it. Still searching for the real reason.
    Squares exactly with my experience except that I haven't used Exchange Calendar, so that fix was transparent to me. I held off on the 4S somehow, so stuck with the 4 until the 5, and I agree the battery life was outstanding on that phone, especially with earlier firmware. I had that thing tweaked to the max as well.

Maybe we'll figure out what the deal is currently. I'm at 68% here at 1pm, so it could be worse, but I've also been working instead of playing with my phone all morning - I hope THAT's not the answer!

I'm in the same boat with my ip5. Stock it was pretty good (still nowhere near Apple specs even with moderate usage and sensible preference settings). After jailbreak on a heavy use day, moderate preference settings, 30 or so tweaks and I'm an iWidget madman I couldn't get thru the day without a 2nd charge. . But the thing is, with all the same tweaks and iWidgets jail broken on 4S with 5.1.1 same prefs settings I'd get thru the day. So I knew it wasn't just about my tweak or iWidget fanaticism. There has to be something more.

So the Exchange Calendar bug fix in 6.1.2 was a MAJOR upgrade for me. That fix has gotten me power back; but only about 10-15% more. So that at least gets me thru the day of heavy use now. But only barely. 4-6 hours of use rest stand-by gets me to 10pm at 4% or so.. So it's still worse than 4S - which was notoriously bad for many of us. Last great battery was iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.1. Battery issues started on iOS 5. I think it's the multitasking thing.

I even tested turning all my iWidgets off and that only gains me about 3% more battery time!!! That surprised me as most thought my infatuation with iWidgets would account for some serious battery drain. But that's just not it. Still searching for the real reason.
    I upgraded to 6.1.2, did a fresh restore and jailbroke using EvasiOn 1.4. To me my battery goes down just as fast. I uninstalled some of my favorite Cydia apps like Music Controls Pro 6+, BiteSMS and LockInfo 5. After 15 minutes of accessing the email map and Cydia, my battery dropped 12%, almost a percent per minute. I used to charge my 4S once a day now its a minimum of twice a day. I turned off most settings like Locations, etc. Maybe this is normal and with the big battery drain with 6.1.1 I expected something better. I also don't leave apps running in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarf View Post
    Squares exactly with my experience except that I haven't used Exchange Calendar, so that fix was transparent to me. I held off on the 4S somehow, so stuck with the 4 until the 5, and I agree the battery life was outstanding on that phone, especially with earlier firmware. I had that thing tweaked to the max as well.

Maybe we'll figure out what the deal is currently. I'm at 68% here at 1pm, so it could be worse, but I've also been working instead of playing with my phone all morning - I hope THAT's not the answer!
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post
    I upgraded to 6.1.2, did a fresh restore and jailbroke using EvasiOn 1.4. To me my battery goes down just as fast. I uninstalled some of my favorite Cydia apps like Music Controls Pro 6+, BiteSMS and LockInfo 5. After 15 minutes of accessing the email map and Cydia, my battery dropped 12%, almost a percent per minute. I used to charge my 4S once a day now its a minimum of twice a day. I turned off most settings like Locations, etc. Maybe this is normal and with the big battery drain with 6.1.1 I expected something better. I also don't leave apps running in the background.
    Oscar and Mgmm,
    Thanks for your corroboration. We need to do some comparison of tweaks. But I need you guys to do something first. One thing many of us forget is that a battery needs a full drain out and recharge after every new iOS restore. I keep forgetting that. The battery percentage and usage indication is not correct until that's done. What you'd notice before a full cycle recharge, though most of us would never let this happen is that after the fast drop in battery power - it would sit at 1% for 2 more hours of usage. We never let our batteries get that low and so would never notice it's a 'calibration' problem. A battery needs to be recalibrate after every restore or after every iOS upgrade. I just did mine LAST night. and things are VEEEEERY different today. Same usage but at 1:25PM after I took it off the charger around 8:30AM - my battery is only down to 86%. WOW is THAT different than yesterday. Exact same phone setup and widgets being used and usage pattern. I've been on ModMyi all morning and web surf, etc.. So today - run your battery all the way down to 1%-4% and also download an app from the APP STORE called "Battery Dr". When you put it on the charger - leave the BatteryDr app open to the RECHARGE page which it 'helps wit battery conditioning'. When IT says your battery is full chaarged - then take it off the charger and see if you next usage day is WAAAAY better. Then report back.

In the mean time let's compare tweaks to start getting to the bottom of our issues:
    Winterboard, Iconoclasm, iWidgets, Infinidock, Cascade, Springtomize 2, FolderEnhancer, 20SecondLockscreen,
    NCSettings, SBCenter, ncRAM, WeeKill Background, biteSMS, Zeppelin, BackBoard, OpenSSH, MailEnhancerPro+
    NCBlurryBackground, RespringCacheKiller, ColorKeyboard, MultiIconMover, myLocation

My usage patterns:
    I run 4 to 5 iWidgets one of which has animation. I'm mostly on the ModMyi App through the day or tweaking my stuff with iFile. I do about 20 minutes to a couple of hours of MobileSafari browsing. About 2-3 phone calls of less than 10 minutes and lots of texting. No gaming or music listening of any kind.

That's my list. Please post yours. And do that battery conditioning run. Today - it's like I got my iPhone 4 on 4.2.1 battery back. Don't get too excited. I've had this happen before - and then 3 days later the battery was not as great again.. So we should still look to other solutions by comparing tweaks and usage patterns. But recondition your batteries tonight.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-23-2013 at 12:37 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

oscarf (02-23-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,393 Posts

Oscar and Mgmm,
    Thanks for your corroboration. We need to do some comparison of tweaks. But I need you guys to do something first. One thing many of us forget is that a battery needs a full drain out and recharge after every new iOS restore. I keep forgetting that. The battery percentage and usage indication is not correct until that's done. What you'd notice before a full cycle recharge, though most of us would never let this happen is that after the fast drop in battery power - it would sit at 1% for 2 more hours of usage. We never let our batteries get that low and so would never notice it's a 'calibration' problem. A battery needs to be recalibrate after every restore or after every iOS upgrade. I just did mine LAST night. and things are VEEEEERY different today. Same usage but at 1:25PM after I took it off the charger around 8:30AM - my battery is only down to 86%. WOW is THAT different than yesterday. Exact same phone setup and widgets being used and usage pattern. I've been on ModMyi all morning and web surf, etc.. So today - run your battery all the way down to 1%-4% and also download an app from the APP STORE called "Battery Dr". When you put it on the charger - leave the BatteryDr app open to the RECHARGE page which it 'helps wit battery conditioning'. When IT says your battery is full chaarged - then take it off the charger and see if you next usage day is WAAAAY better. Then report back.

In the mean time let's compare tweaks to start getting to the bottom of our issues:
    Winterboard, Iconoclasm, iWidgets, Infinidock, Cascade, Springtomize 2, FolderEnhancer, 20SecondLockscreen,
    NCSettings, SBCenter, ncRAM, WeeKill Background, biteSMS, Zeppelin, BackBoard, OpenSSH, MailEnhancerPro+
    NCBlurryBackground, RespringCacheKiller, ColorKeyboard, MultiIconMover, myLocation

My usage patterns:
    I run 4 to 5 iWidgets one of which has animation. I'm mostly on the ModMyi App through the day or tweaking my stuff with iFile. I do about 20 minutes to a couple of hours of MobileSafari browsing. About 2-3 phone calls of less than 10 minutes and lots of texting. No gaming or music listening of any kind.

That's my list. Please post yours. And do that battery conditioning run. Today - it's like I got my iPhone 4 on 4.2.1 battery back. Don't get too excited. I've had this happen before - and then 3 days later the battery was not as great again.. So we should still look to other solutions by comparing tweaks and usage patterns. But recondition your batteries tonight.
    Nice tip! I never knew this but I'll definitely try it out! Thanx, bro!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (02-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Nice tip! I never knew this but I'll definitely try it out! Thanx, bro!
    No prob, bro. Other veterans here told me that tip quite a while ago but I just keep forgetting. And we're all doing a lot of restores here initially after a new jailbreak and tweaks that are buggy. This is NOT to be confused with the myth that also flies around - that today's modern NiCad batteries NEED several conditions or they'll lose their ability quicker. That's a falsehood. BUT the kind of conditioning our batteries need is a 'calibration' that uses the same concept as the old school 'recondition' - of draining it to udner 5% and full recharge. This is simply a step we all should do after every new iOS (or restore for that matter) or for maintenance, once a month. It just helps the iOS to report battery level accurately from what I've been told/learned. King or Simon I think are the ones who taught me the principle.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

This is NOT to be confused with the myth that also flies around - that today's modern NiCad batteries NEED several conditions or they'll lose their ability
    iPhones don't gave NiCad batteries

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    iPhones don't gave NiCad batteries
    I know, I know. I meant L-ion. The myth was still the same. 'Conditioning' of a modern iPhone battery is NOT necessary - but 'calibration' is.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-23-2013 at 01:47 PM.

As I am killing my battery (btw, I forgot I had Battery Doctor on my phone, so thanks!), here are my tweaks:

Winterboard with the following selections - miLock i5, Jaku iOS 5, Jaku Dock, Jaku Essentials, Ambriel iP5, Ambriel SB weather, Ambriel Theme, Ambriel Sounds.

Tweaks - AndroindLockXT, Assistant Enhancer, Auxo, Barrel, Bars, Color Keyboard, Cyntact, iWidget, DB iWidget Pack, Dreamboard, Five Icon Dock, Folder Closer, iFile, IntelliScreen X 6, iRealSMS, LS ClockHide, LS Dim Delay,Recent/Call Log Delete, SBS Settings, Safari Download Manager, Sprongtomize 2, Wallpaper JPEGifier, Zephyr.

Will let you know how the battery performs after cycling it.

we'll see how my battery performs after cycling it.
    Yeah. I think You will be pleasantly surprised, Oscar. Take a look at this pic. Because of the bug in iOS 6 and evasi0n 1.4, that every time you respring it zeros out your battery stats in General-->Usage, all I can show you is the time of day and my battery percent of the top of this picture. My battery came off charger at 8:30 AM this morning. I have been running it exactly as I have for the past several days except I conditioned my battery last night. Suffice it to say I think you're going to be very happy after you recondition the battery. I'm probably at 7 hours of standby and 3 hours of usage at this point of the day. Still over half my battery left and only a few hours till bedtime.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Battery stats have always been "zero'd" out on a respring... JB or not... I've been on iOS since 3.1.1...

BTW...evasi0n 1.5 was released today...faster boot up n Cydia package list update...

and how do you recondition the battery?

Thanks

Me?...as has been stated by others... Calibration, I let battery drain till power off then charge to 100%... About once a month..sometimes more cuz I restore more often then most...

I've had ip5 since after Christmas... Before that 3GS since ip4 launch day..wife's had 3G since just after launch..
    Last edited by xboxbml; 02-23-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    Battery stats have always been "zero'd" out on a respring... JB or not... I've been on iOS since 3.1.1....
    This is not true. Sorry. I've been on iPhone jail broken as long as you have. And I've posted battery stats pics many, many, many times - after countless resprings. This is a new problem with iOS 6.

As I am killing my battery (btw, I forgot I had Battery Doctor on my phone, so thanks!), here are my tweaks:
    Oscar, I'm hoping you have a day like I had today with battery!! It's 10:21 PM and I still have 30% left. Had @ 11 hours of standby and 3 hours of usage. If I let the phone stay on all night I'm sure my final standby/usage battery stats would be close to Apple specs. iPhone 5, if this keeps up, will be my best battery yet / even with the way I abuse my battery with my evil iWidget abusive ways. Lol!! I can't believe I kept forgetting the re-calibrate battery step after new iOS. Let me know if you have marked improvement. I can't imagine you won't. Last time/battery pic for the day.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-23-2013 at 09:29 PM.

SHOOT, SHOOT, DAMN!! All day my Location Services have been set to off during this test. How did that happen!! I must've been testing with leaving them off in another theme. And when I reloaded that theme from Backboard this morning that setting came back and turn Loc Svcs all off. That certainly affected my really great results today with battery life. Normally I will leave Google maps, Siri and one other one, I forget now, with location services turned on. So I'll do a test again tomorrow with them turned back on and see if my battery life is as good as it was today. Probably won't be quite as good.

That's another aspect to this comparison of battery life we're doing. We all need to compare how we set our preferences on our phones. Do we use Push? How many location services and notifications do we use? They all affect battery life as well. Keeping Bluetooth off is a given in my battery preserving and part of my results. Bluetooth is a big battery drain. If you leave it on it's part of your drain. But if you need Bluetooth - you need it! We all use our phones differently and that will affect battery life as well.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-23-2013 at 11:12 PM.

I did recondition or calibrate my battery as you suggested, but I can't quite tell. I think I hit the bricks this morning at about 8:30am, used the phone a little less than on normal business days, do use Bluetooth for the car, location services for a few things. Currently at 71% at 12:30. Seems a bit worse than pre-jailbreak. I'm sorely tempted to restore and see how it fares - to do some solid A-B, bit may not have the time. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how I fare later in the day today.

I did recondition or calibrate my battery as you suggested, but I can't quite tell. I think I hit the bricks this morning at about 8:30am, used the phone a little less than on normal business days, do use Bluetooth for the car, location services for a few things. Currently at 71% at 12:30. Seems a bit worse than pre-jailbreak. I'm sorely tempted to restore and see how it fares - to do some solid A-B, bit may not have the time. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how I fare later in the day today.
    I depleted my battery down to 1% and charge the battery back to 100% at 1:30 am. Nothing was running in the background. At 7:30 am my battery was at 74%. Something is not right. I don't think the battery should drop 26% with out any use or any ap running in the background.

I deleted the most recent tweaks/apps I installed since 6.1.1. I kept LockInfo 5, Ayecon Theme, FolderEnhancer, Springtomize 2, Activator, AnyLockApp, Browser Changer, Cellular Data Plan, Copic, CustomNCBackground, iTether, PhotoAlbums+, PwnTunes, Winterboard, ProTube2, Zephyr and Switchy. Also, tweaks like AppLinks, App Switcher Brightness, Music2iPod and standard apps/tweaks like SBSettings, Erica Utilities and the like.

Is anyone using a Battery app like Battery Magic to supposedly help battery life?

Edited: 2/25/13 @11:55 am

I think I narrowed my problem down to LockInfo (latest version) which is unfortunate since this is my most used and favorite app. I fully charged my 4S from 25% to 100% this morning and uninstalled some tweaks/apps but kept LockInfo. My phone was idle for one hour (no texts sent/received); completely not used. After the hour my phone showed 75% battery life. With 72% of the battery left, I uninstalled LockInfo and waited another hour without using the phone. This time the battery was still showing 72% after one hour.

Although this is an unofficial test, I will test again later by re-installing LockInfo and wait another hour
    Last edited by mgmm1; 02-25-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Yeah. That was my day yesterday almost to a tee though I was at 82% 4 hours into the day (8:30-12:30). But Bluetooth is a real hog / so you're about on track.. Though at end of yesterday I realized I had location services off. Dumb mistake. That would for sure pad battery hours upwards.

So last night partial recharge (which will be like most days) 21% back to full overnight. Today has NOT been as good a day. Almost back to pre-calibration. Day started 7:30am. It's 2:00pm - 21%...

Only Location Services on are GoogleMaps, Siri and Weather. That's it. Some of my weather tweaks must be constantly accessing Location services. I'm gonna make sure they're set to reasonable intervals.

I noticed some of my bigger apps were crashing, which may have been memory problems, so I dumped some tweaks I just wasn't really using - Auxo, Assistant Enhancer, and Zephyr. No more crashes, and my battery was at 51% at 6:30 this evening, compared to in the 20's at this time yesterday. Dunno what to think about it exactly, but things are livable like this.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,393 Posts

I noticed some of my bigger apps were crashing, which may have been memory problems, so I dumped some tweaks I just wasn't really using - Auxo, Assistant Enhancer, and Zephyr. No more crashes, and my battery was at 51% at 6:30 this evening, compared to in the 20's at this time yesterday. Dunno what to think about it exactly, but things are livable like this.
    I just installed 'Auto App Killer' to see if that helps w/ performance, as well. So far, its working well for my wife's ip4S!

It also doesn't hurt to run 'Clean Up Crap' in MobileTerminal to remove unused files from deleted tweaks/apps
    Last edited by thazsar; 02-26-2013 at 07:24 PM.

Yeah. Today I'm back to better performance. Like you was at around 52% at 6:30 from 8:30am. But to get that level I need to turn off Locations service and all Push mail. The truth is I only need Locations services when I'm getting directions from Siri. I just so rarely need it. And Mail, set to Manual - gets me all I ever need as soon as I open the Mail App it triggers a download. I got used to living with PUSH turned off in the terrible 4S battery days. So I'm already used to that. So today I'm doing okay again - but I have to cripple some nice features of an iPhone to GET that battery life. I also have to report - though I know Pinoy won't believe me - that when I turn off the iWidget Mobile Substrate I only gain back about 2% of battery power over the course of a whole day. So my 'iWidget' habit is simply NOT a major factor in my battery problems. Still looking for the smoking gun.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I just installed 'Auto App Killer' to see if that helps w/ performance, as well. So far, its working well for my wife's ip4S!

It also doesn't hurt to run 'Clean Up Crap' in MobileTerminal to remove unused files from deleted tweaks/apps
    They sound like good ideas, Thazsar!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast