+ Reply
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evasi0n 1.4 Released With Support for iOS 6.1.2

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by hackerd00d per there customer support your number must be an att number Yes. You have to know the account of the original phone - if you bought
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,486 Times in 4,302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hackerd00d View Post
    per there customer support your number must be an att number
    Yes. You have to know the account of the original phone - if you bought the phone online. Or you just give them YOUR old AT&T number if you bought the phone new. But if it was originally locked to AT&T and you bought it online and don't know the original account holder's name/number - just use eBay to FACTORY UNLOCK it. It runs from $6 to $20 per phone. Real easy. Never need to worry about baseband ever again. But this only works for AT&T phones originally.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

hackerd00d (02-21-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

Oh, I see. For some reason I thought you were w/ AT&T but wanted to keep the phone unlockable. My bad!

Thanks
    Thanked 14,803 Times in 6,884 Posts

If you have anyone you know that is with ATT or even used to be with them then they should be able to get it unlocked for free through ATT. If you don't or just don't want the hassle of that you can go here: ideviceguys.com/mmidiscount and get it unlocked for cheap. That site is owned by a moderator here (Cowboy) so it is trustworthy. Use passcode MMi2013 for a good price.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-21-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What Iphone model do you have? You should look into a factory unlock. Less hassle, and dont have to worry about baseband preservation. Again, depending what model and if it's still under carrier contract, illegal to unlock in the US as of January 26.
    yes... as NewDestinyX said, i know about factory unlock... but i dont think its worth to spend on it anymore since my phone is 3GS new botroom and im sure this is the last version of iOS for it, im sure it wont support iOS 7... so i want to have the last iOS installed on it...

any news on creating custom IPSW?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Great! Glad you're up and running again! There's a free app called OpenBackup which will allow you to save all your 3rd party Cydia tweaks as .deb files for easy, all at once, return after a re-jailbreak. Big timesaver - no resprings between each downloaded Cydia app. Though I knew of the quick restore potential of .deb files and even wrote a whole tutorial thread about using them - I was unaware until yesterday of a tweak called OpenBackup that allows you to call them from Cydia and store them on your phone/computer for later easy restore. Who knew?! Love finding new time saving tweaks!
    Wish I would have known about this before, but thanks for the tip, will def use this on my next upgrade lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Eager to hear your results.

Good luck. Keep us posted. I did NOT know that you haven't yet tried PKGBackup after already being at 6.1.2. I thought your input in your first post was after having success after already being at 6.1.2. I guess that's not the case. You MAY be in for a long night. .. I'm still not 100% convinced that my experience was isolated. But we'll soon know!
    Well i did the update today, and had more trouble with itunes than with pkgbackup. In response to your concerns of the missing apps, from a fresh evasion 1.4 jailbreak, only downloading pkg installs 17 packages total, from mobile substrate to zip utilities. When i checked the restore before proceeding, 42 packages of my 207 were not missing. Thats the 17 pkg installed, and I presume the other 25 are packages installed by the jb itself. As for other things, by default previous springboard files, etc are not installed without the user selecting them.

Because i expected the restore to take a while i left the room to attend to other things. When i came back, the phone was on the home screen, and for some reason the restore only got through the e's alphabetically. I restarted the restore, it worked fine after reboot, icons reset and then an immediate safe mode. Resprung, phone was working fine. Although, the first time i tried to use siri, it crashed. Unfortunately, i was driving so i couldn't investigate.

In sum, not trouble free, more trouble than I've ever had with pkg before, but not hours and hours of trouble either.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by icebox93 View Post
    Well i did the update today, and had more trouble with itunes than with pkgbackup. In response to your concerns of the missing apps, from a fresh evasion 1.4 jailbreak, only downloading pkg installs 17 packages total, from mobile substrate to zip utilities. When i checked the restore before proceeding, 42 packages of my 207 were not missing. Thats the 17 pkg installed, and I presume the other 25 are packages installed by the jb itself. As for other things, by default previous springboard files, etc are not installed without the user selecting them.

Because i expected the restore to take a while i left the room to attend to other things. When i came back, the phone was on the home screen, and for some reason the restore only got through the e's alphabetically. I restarted the restore, it worked fine after reboot, icons reset and then an immediate safe mode. Resprung, phone was working fine. Although, the first time i tried to use siri, it crashed. Unfortunately, i was driving so i couldn't investigate.

In sum, not trouble free, more trouble than I've ever had with pkg before, but not hours and hours of trouble either.
    Okay good. Glad to hear it's not entirely trouble free. . But at least you also saw less of your stored files in the backup needing to be restored. In addition to the dependencies PKG needed it makes sense it would also backup some things that are jailbreak only stuff. That explains why my restore only showed 44 of 85 needing to be restored. I think I may have check marked something in those preference files that I shouldn't have. Weird stuff.

To this moment - even after a DFU restore I still get the Apple disappearing once and then reappearing on a reboot. That's NOT normal. And whenever I first go thru the activation pages after a restore the phone ALREADY knows my Apple ID and its filled in. How does THAT survive a restore?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

And whenever I first go thru the activation pages after a restore the phone ALREADY knows my Apple ID and its filled in. How does THAT survive a restore?
    It gets it from your computer and your iTunes.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-21-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,363 Times in 5,993 Posts

Yeah, after the DFU restore, are you restoring from backup or setting up as new?
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yeah, after the DFU restore, are you restoring from backup or setting up as new?
    Set up as New. But that step is after the restore. The moment a DFU restore ends - your phone screen is gray and it takes you thru steps starting with choosing a language. Two screens later you get Set Up As New and two other options. After you choose Set up As New - the next screen is apple ID create or Sign in. In that window my AppleID is already displayed. After set up as new I would expect that to be blank. It never is.

Thanks

Set up as New. But that step is after the restore. The moment a DFU restore ends - your phone screen is gray and it takes you thru steps starting with choosing a language. Two screens later you get Set Up As New and two other options. After you choose Set up As New - the next screen is apple ID create or Sign in. In that window my AppleID is already displayed. After set up as new I would expect that to be blank. It never is.
    I'll say again. It is because your iTunes on your computer puts it there. You are signed into iTunes on your computer correct? The phone sees that right after the restore. If you were to restore on a computer that you have never signed into your itunes account on then that part in the activation process would be blank.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-21-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I'll say again. It is because your iTunes on your computer puts it there. You are signed into iTunes on your computer correct? The phone sees that right after the restore. If you were to restore on a computer that you have never signed into your itunes account on then that part in the activation process would be blank.
    Sorry Simon. You know I usually take your word as 'gospel truth, bro'. But I always unplug my phone from computer after restore is complete. When that window appears with my ID already filled in, my phone is NOT plugged into the computer. But I guess you're saying that even the time it was plugged in for the restore is enough to fill that line in?

Thanks

Sorry Simon. You know I usually take your word as 'gospel truth, bro'. But I always unplug my phone from computer after restore is complete. When that window appears with my ID already filled in, my phone is NOT plugged into the computer. But I guess you're saying that even the time it was plugged in for the restore is enough to fill that line in?
    Yup, even that small amount of time. If you use the computer that you are signed into iTunes on with your account to restore the phone the phone will know that. Restore your phone with a iTunes you have never signed into or authorized and you won't get your ID filled in automatically.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-21-2013), NewdestinyX (02-21-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,363 Times in 5,993 Posts

So you think it gets there how then?
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Updated tonight everything working fine. Gotta love the dev team. Oops wait am I off topic?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Updated tonight everything working fine. Gotta love the dev team. Oops wait am I off topic?
    Nope. We are. Again. And I have no idea why lol.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

I know was messing with y'all gonna try out battery today see how it does.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    So you think it gets there how then?
    Name:  jj.gif
Views: 229
Size:  3.9 KB

Anyway, still somewhat off topic, how's battery life? Mine is way down since the initial jailbreak, and stays that way with this 6.1.2 one. I have noticed that every time my lockscreen lights up for any reason, there is a brief activation of location services - is that normal? I can't remember. Also dunno if that's enough to suck the life out of the battery (probably).

Otherwise, I'm sure the problem is some tweak and not the firmware itself that is draining the battery. It's not killing me, but it is sort of a nuisance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oscarf View Post
    Attachment 623274

Anyway, still somewhat off topic, how's battery life? Mine is way down since the initial jailbreak, and stays that way with this 6.1.2 one. I have noticed that every time my lockscreen lights up for any reason, there is a brief activation of location services - is that normal? I can't remember. Also dunno if that's enough to suck the life out of the battery (probably).

Otherwise, I'm sure the problem is some tweak and not the firmware itself that is draining the battery. It's not killing me, but it is sort of a nuisance.
    I'm in the same boat with my ip5. Stock it was pretty good (still nowhere near Apple specs even with moderate usage and sensible preference settings). After jailbreak on a heavy use day, moderate preference settings, 30 or so tweaks and I'm an iWidget madman I couldn't get thru the day without a 2nd charge. . But the thing is, with all the same tweaks and iWidgets jail broken on 4S with 5.1.1 same prefs settings I'd get thru the day. So I knew it wasn't just about my tweak or iWidget fanaticism. There has to be something more.

So the Exchange Calendar bug fix in 6.1.2 was a MAJOR upgrade for me. That fix has gotten me power back; but only about 10-15% more. So that at least gets me thru the day of heavy use now. But only barely. 4-6 hours of use rest stand-by gets me to 10pm at 4% or so.. So it's still worse than 4S - which was notoriously bad for many of us. Last great battery was iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.1. Battery issues started on iOS 5. I think it's the multitasking thing.

I even tested turning all my iWidgets off and that only gains me about 3% more battery time!!! That surprised me as most thought my infatuation with iWidgets would account for some serious battery drain. But that's just not it. Still searching for the real reason.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

oscarf (02-22-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Wifi Greyed Out
    Hello Team, is the update for IOS 6.1.2 fixed the Wifi greyed for Iphone 4s?

+ Reply
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast