+ Reply
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evasi0n 1.4 Released With Support for iOS 6.1.2

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Foozelz Try RecoveryMode using TinyUmbrella, that should fix it. funny enough I tried restore from itunes and after completion of download , again it says the same
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Foozelz View Post
    Try RecoveryMode using TinyUmbrella, that should fix it.
    funny enough I tried restore from itunes and after completion of download , again it says the same , this is not compatible.

I am surprised as the file was automatically downloaded and I did not select it myself.

I think something is wrong in the phone or the computer.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh now it works just had to do a HARD Reboot

Green Apple
    Thanks
    finally I managed to make it work, got help from here
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
    and I deleted all apple addresses in the host file via terminal and wow now i'm upgrading my iphone 5

terrible !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Hey Mark! Welcome to the forum. I can see you're new here. I've been here quite a while and been around iPhone and jailbreaking since iPhone 2G. Sounds like you have too - even though you're new here. Most of what you share below is stuff I've known for a long time and is usually what I'm saying to someone in distress - like "I" was last night. PKGBackup has generally worked great for me through the years - except last night. Very weird. It was indeed 5.3.2 I was using. So that's not it.
    Thanks for the welcome, I've been lurking with the IOS app for quite a while. Though I've only been around the iphone and jailbreaking since the iP4. But I'm in so hard with jailbreaking that I waited for the jailbreak to come out to get the 5. I really wanted the speed the new phone promised, but I wasn't willing to trade the tweaks I depended on to get it back in October.

But when I clicked on VIEW RESTORE - you know where you see what packages, 'how many of them' are stored -in that window instead of saying 87 of 87 to restore - it said 43 of 87!!!????!!! Now HOW could that be?? The only tweak on my phone at that point was PKGBackUp. Now I know PKG has a number of dependency files that were already installed when I installed PKG in the first place. But there are maybe 8 or 9 depenedency files. There was no way for me to go in and hard-checkmark all 87 - and part of me thinks that's where things went 'south', as they say. I don't know if you remember now - but when you looked at your VIEW RESTORE - it probably said ALL 100 needed to be restored - right? Vital files did not get restored from my DropBox backup - and I think therein laid the problem last night which took me from 10:30Pm to 3am to deal with. Any thoughts, Mark? Or anyone?
    Hm. Two possibilities occur to me. It's possible something got messed up in the backup file. Secondly, you may have previously chosen a certain set of files to be the default choices. Then again, I don't think the second possibility is likely it, because I assume you came at this from a restore, so I'd think that your defaults would be lost until you restore. You'd have to email Jibril about this, because this sounds like strange behavior to me. Like I said, he's responsive.

When I upgraded to 6.1, I installed pretty much all the compatible paid cydia apps I had at the same time I went to get PKGBackup, so IIRC I had about a quarter of the files ready to go at the time I restored. So my experience isn't generalizable in that way. The only corruption problem since upgrading to the iP5 I've experienced is that the google search app was crashing on me, but a reinstall cured that. I'm not sure if that was a restore problem or what.

As for hard checkmarking, there's an option that allows you to check all in one swoop. when you click on the 43 of 87 packages link, switch the view to "all packages at the bottom of the screen, then in the upper right corner is a button that when pressed gives you the options dismiss - all - none - invert. And if you'd have clicked all, then everything would have been reinstalled. You'd just have to repeat the process in the other things categories as well. Perhaps that would have prevented the problems.

I will probably upgrade to 6.1.2 tonight, and I'll post my results.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,512 Times in 4,312 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icebox93 View Post
    As for hard checkmarking, there's an option that allows you to check all in one swoop. when you click on the 43 of 87 packages link, switch the view to "all packages at the bottom of the screen, then in the upper right corner is a button that when pressed gives you the options dismiss - all - none - invert. And if you'd have clicked all, then everything would have been reinstalled. You'd just have to repeat the process in the other things categories as well. Perhaps that would have prevented the problems.

I will probably upgrade to 6.1.2 tonight, and I'll post my results.
    Eager to hear your results. If I didn't have so much dang theme and iWidget data and other app data to load back each time.. I would experiment some more. I want to test OpenBackup's restore methods (full package and .deb restore) as well as get a good experience with PKG just once - like the old days. I may still do it again. I was caught in such a boot loop last might I couldn't even get into DFU restore mode. Only 'Recovery Mode' (where you see the picture of the wire leading to an iTunes icon in the screen) was available to me. So restored in Recovery Mode then in DFU to make sure I was clean.

Good luck. Keep us posted. I did NOT know that you haven't yet tried PKGBackup after already being at 6.1.2. I thought your input in your first post was after having success after already being at 6.1.2. I guess that's not the case. You MAY be in for a long night. .. I'm still not 100% convinced that my experience was isolated. But we'll soon know!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zenj View Post
    this is the firmware that I have for my iPhone 5 GSM

iPhone5,2_6.1.2_10B146_Restore.ipsw

can anyone can confirm if this is wrong one or not !
    IPhone5,2_6.1.2 is not for GSM. It should be iPhone5,1_6.1.2

Thanks

if im on 6.1 should i update and re-jailbreak?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

If ya OCD like me yes

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

My battery life seems better already on 6.1.2 (I use google apps/exchange)

I have noticed some apps freeze a couple times a day for a few seconds, but it's not annoying enough to throw away all my appstore apps/data for a full DFU restore jailbreak. (as a test to clean out bugs) I'm guessing everyone jailbroken iPhone will have its memory leak quirks from time to time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ok.. i need to preserve my baseband... where can i create custom ipsw? will redsn0w get updated soon? thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by d_animality View Post
    ok.. i need to preserve my baseband... where can i create custom ipsw? will redsn0w get updated soon? thanks
    What Iphone model do you have? You should look into a factory unlock. Less hassle, and dont have to worry about baseband preservation. Again, depending what model and if it's still under carrier contract, illegal to unlock in the US as of January 26.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just to report that, like 2k1, my OCD tendencies required me to update to 6.1.2 from jailbroken 6.1. They also required me to read every post here before doing so, and I was alarmed but pleased at least to know about NewdestinyX's experience with PKGBackup and to be forewarned, since I too have found it miraculously helpful in the past.

After hearing that his experience seemed to be an exception, I decided to just try it anyway and see what happened, aware of the pitfalls. As other have done, I 1) backed up to DropBox from PKGBackup, 2) backed up to iTunes, 3) downloaded 6.1.2 ipsw in iTunes, 4) "restored" it to phone in DFU, 5) restored phone and then content from iTunes backup, 6) jailbroke with evasi0n 1.4, 7) installed openSSH and changed root and mobile passwords, installed PKGBackup, and then restored from my DropBox backup of that. 8) Reboot.

Luckily, everything turned out fine and the phone is as it was yesterday, except with the new firmware. Who knows about the battery life? We'll see. Anyway, just reporting another success with PKGBackup for those fearful. Will take a look, though, at OpenBackup out of curiosity.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,512 Times in 4,312 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mustangfrnk View Post
    What Iphone model do you have? You should look into a factory unlock. Less hassle, and dont have to worry about baseband preservation. Again, depending what model and if it's still under carrier contract, illegal to unlock in the US as of January 26.
    People who talk of needing to preserve baseband already know about factory unlock. They simply don't have AT&T and so can't take advantage of the plethora of eBay unlock services. Though there are many of us on AT&T, AT&T is just an American company and the iPhone is all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarf View Post
    Luckily, everything turned out fine and the phone is as it was yesterday, except with the new firmware. Who knows about the battery life? We'll see. Anyway, just reporting another success with PKGBackup for those fearful. Will take a look, though, at OpenBackup out of curiosity.
    I'm glad it worked for you. I think there was a corruption in my backup at Dropbox. I'm still puzzled by my experience.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-21-2013 at 07:27 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Happy to report a successful upgrade/restore from a JB 6.1 iPhone 5 to 6.1.2, then JB with the new Evasi0n and restored using PKGBackup. Note, in the PKGBackup settings I restored ONLY the JB items and preferences -- leaving all stock Apple apps and preferences untouched and controlled via iTunes.

Thanks
    i ran evasi0n on a 3gs everything went fine, but forgot that ultrasn0w didnt support 5.16.08 baseband any other options to get it working on t-mobile again?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,828 Times in 6,893 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hackerd00d View Post
    i ran evasi0n on a 3gs everything went fine, but forgot that ultrasn0w didnt support 5.16.08 baseband any other options to get it working on t-mobile again?
    Is your phone originally locked to ATT?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

hackerd00d (02-21-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    if you want to restore up to this firmware from lets say an iphone 5 on 6.1.. then use redsnow..download the 6.2 firmware and use the ipsw to get the blobs..

if you restore using itunes you will get error -1

19. The Following User Says Thank You to SBouri For This Useful Post:

hackerd00d (02-21-2013)

Thanks
    yes its originaly locked to att, i had it unlocked with redsn0w originally and thought it was an easy upgrade, i let my extensive ocd get the best of me an screwed up not knowing about ultrasn0w not supporting 5.16.08

3gs 5.15.08 baseband running 6.1.2 new bootrom, i messed around with redsn0w trying to get it to 5.11.07 or 6.15.00 to no avail
    Last edited by hackerd00d; 02-21-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hackerd00d View Post
    yes its originaly locked to att, i had it unlocked with redsn0w originally and thought it was an easy upgrade, i let my extensive ocd get the best of me an screwed up not knowing about ultrasn0w not supporting 5.16.08

3gs 5.15.08 baseband running 6.1.2 new bootrom, i messed around with redsn0w trying to get it to 5.11.07 or 6.15.00 to no avail
    Why can't u just ask AT&T to unlock it for you? 3GS should be old enough for a free unlock

22. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

hackerd00d (02-21-2013)

Thanks
    per there customer support your number must be an att number

+ Reply
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast