+ Reply
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 241 to 251 of 251

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Evasi0n 1.4 Released With Support for iOS 6.1.2

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Got it to work guys Thank you for all the prompt help Regards Paul
...
  1. #241
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Xpress690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Luanda, Angola
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts

    Got it to work guys
    Thank you for all the prompt help

    Regards
    Paul
    Paulo Santos
    vIsIt ThE aZoReS

  2. #242
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mgmm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    You also need to cancel out of Cydia in the app switcher before you use the activator respring or you'll lose your battery stats. Simply going back to the springboard after Cydia doesn't protect you from the loss of the stats. Simon taught me you have to open the app switcher, get the icons wiggling. and then click the minus next to Cydia, then go back to Springboard and then use your activator click to respring..
    I did cancel out of Cydia first via the app switcher. I paid attention to your post

    Unfortunately no. The respring function in SBCenter kills the battery stats. Currently "Activator" is the only application whose respring doesn't kill the stats. Though, it seems that even the "Activator" method of respring kills the battery stats from within WinterBoard. There's no way to back out of WinterBoard without using its own respring method which kills the stats. . So without a way to keep the stats after making a change in Winterboard the whole thing seems like a waste of time. Because it's in Winterboard where I need to respring most of the time.
    That's too bad the SBCenter respring deletes the stats. I don't change my themes or tweaks in Winterboard very much so this shouldn't be a problem for me until I do.


    Bottom line-iOS 6 changed the way the caches get cleared whenever Respring happens. So all of the developers are going to have to rewrite their respring methods to stop the battery stats erasure and this brightness issue that we've been having which is also a function of respring caches being changed in iOS 6. Though there's a great tweak out now that solves the brightness dimming issue after respring.
    Once again, I have a unique situation. I haven't had to deal with the brightness dimming after a respring. What I noticed is sometimes, with or without a respring, the brightness slider in the switcher app automatically slides towards a brighter setting and stops. I can actually see it move as if my phone is possessed. This doesn't happen in the stock brightness setting and I do have it set to auto. What's even funnier is that if I slide the knob to a dim setting, it slides back up after several attempts and then it realizes I'm the boss and stays where I set it. Weird and spooky.

  3. #243
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,838
    Thanks
    4,201
    Thanked 8,992 Times in 4,512 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post
    I did cancel out of Cydia first via the app switcher. I paid attention to your post



    That's too bad the SBCenter respring deletes the stats. I don't change my themes or tweaks in Winterboard very much so this shouldn't be a problem for me until I do.




    Once again, I have a unique situation. I haven't had to deal with the brightness dimming after a respring. What I noticed is sometimes, with or without a respring, the brightness slider in the switcher app automatically slides towards a brighter setting and stops. I can actually see it move as if my phone is possessed. This doesn't happen in the stock brightness setting and I do have it set to auto. What's even funnier is that if I slide the knob to a dim setting, it slides back up after several attempts and then it realizes I'm the boss and stays where I set it. Weird and spooky.
    Never heard of that. VERY weird. Sounds like something with your screen has gone wrong. Does any order springboard dragging action do the same? Like dragging an icon from one page to another?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  4. #244
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mgmm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Never heard of that. VERY weird. Sounds like something with your screen has gone wrong. Does any order springboard dragging action do the same? Like dragging an icon from one page to another?
    I have been trying to duplicate the brightness issue and it finally happened today. I think it has to do with the Starbuck's app. You have an option to pay with your virtual card and I noticed which I choice to do so the screen automatically got brighter 9I assume it is so the store's scanner can read the UPC code. If you simply exit the app the brightness stays at the maximum level and when you move the slider down to dim the screen the slider moves up. I end up having to close the app and turn the screen off and then back on which seems to fix the problem.

    I'm not sure if having a jailbroken device can cause this or if its a bug in the app so I haven't reported this finding to the Starbuck's app developer yet.

  5. #245
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,838
    Thanks
    4,201
    Thanked 8,992 Times in 4,512 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post
    I have been trying to duplicate the brightness issue and it finally happened today. I think it has to do with the Starbuck's app. You have an option to pay with your virtual card and I noticed which I choice to do so the screen automatically got brighter 9I assume it is so the store's scanner can read the UPC code. If you simply exit the app the brightness stays at the maximum level and when you move the slider down to dim the screen the slider moves up. I end up having to close the app and turn the screen off and then back on which seems to fix the problem.

    I'm not sure if having a jailbroken device can cause this or if its a bug in the app so I haven't reported this finding to the Starbuck's app developer yet.
    I use the Starbucks app 2-3 times a day (yes, I'm addicted). And I can't reproduce the bug you're talking about on my jail broken iPhone 5. Sorry.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  6. #246
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mgmm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I use the Starbucks app 2-3 times a day (yes, I'm addicted). And I can't reproduce the bug you're talking about on my jail broken iPhone 5. Sorry.
    That's not the reply I was hoping for. So, when you hit the "$ Touch to Pay" button on the Starbuck's app, your screen doesn't get brighter? I just tried it three times and each time the screen goes to the max brightness. Now, if I hit the "Touch When Done" button the screen dims back to the original setting. At least, I have a workaround for this without turning my screen on and off. If I don't h

    Either my phone is possessed, needs more coffee or both.

  7. #247
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,838
    Thanks
    4,201
    Thanked 8,992 Times in 4,512 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post
    That's not the reply I was hoping for. So, when you hit the "$ Touch to Pay" button on the Starbuck's app, your screen doesn't get brighter? I just tried it three times and each time the screen goes to the max brightness. Now, if I hit the "Touch When Done" button the screen dims back to the original setting. At least, I have a workaround for this without turning my screen on and off. If I don't h

    Either my phone is possessed, needs more coffee or both.
    Im sorry.. Yes, of course, when I touch "pay" it goes to max briteness as expected. And "touch when done" sends it back to prior briteness level - all as expected.

    It's the next step you mentioned that I don't experience. When I go into brightness setting and move slider - the slider moves smoothly left to right. No snapping behavior that you were talking about as the bugginess. Did I misunderstand your bug experience?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  8. #248
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mgmm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Im sorry.. Yes, of course, when I touch "pay" it goes to max briteness as expected. And "touch when done" sends it back to prior briteness level - all as expected.

    It's the next step you mentioned that I don't experience. When I go into brightness setting and move slider - the slider moves smoothly left to right. No snapping behavior that you were talking about as the bugginess. Did I misunderstand your bug experience?
    You understood correctly. Have you tried not hitting the "Touch When Done" button and leave the Starbuck app open in the background? Does you slider act weird then? If not, then its probably my phone.

  9. #249
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,838
    Thanks
    4,201
    Thanked 8,992 Times in 4,512 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post
    You understood correctly. Have you tried not hitting the "Touch When Done" button and leave the Starbuck app open in the background? Does you slider act weird then? If not, then its probably my phone.
    Yes. Tried that too. Slider moves perfectly smooth from full brightness to anywhere you want to take it. Then when you re-enter app - goes to full briteness till you hit Touch When Done. Again - sorry..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  10. #250
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mgmm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yes. Tried that too. Slider moves perfectly smooth from full brightness to anywhere you want to take it. Then when you re-enter app - goes to full briteness till you hit Touch When Done. Again - sorry..
    Thanks for checking. Its all good as long I hit the touch when done button before exiting the app. One big thing I forgot to mention is the brightness slider I refer to is the slider in the app switcher (I use Switchy).

  11. #251
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,838
    Thanks
    4,201
    Thanked 8,992 Times in 4,512 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post
    Thanks for checking. Its all good as long I hit the touch when done button before exiting the app. One big thing I forgot to mention is the brightness slider I refer to is the slider in the app switcher (I use Switchy).
    AHH.. That makes all the difference in the world. I don't use Switchy.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

+ Reply
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts