+ Reply
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 251

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Evasi0n 1.4 Released With Support for iOS 6.1.2

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I've been searching Cydia and the AppStore to see if there is some third party app that will show the same usage information as the stock settings but I haven't
...
  1. #221
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mgmm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    I've been searching Cydia and the AppStore to see if there is some third party app that will show the same usage information as the stock settings but I haven't found any. Some even show the battery temperature but nothing like "since the last charge".

    Any idea if re-jailbreaking would at least show some information without a respring? My settings seem to be frozen in time. Its kind of funny that what I consider a simple statistic can be fixed or found in third party battery app.

  2. #222
    What's Jailbreak? thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,987
    Thanks
    377
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 857 Posts

    So is it true that there's a SBSettings memory leak?!?! If so, then that must be why our phones have low RAM. Just curious...

  3. #223
    2k1
    2k1 is offline
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,053
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

    Yes sbsettings does have a memory leak

  4. #224
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,616
    Thanks
    3,999
    Thanked 8,828 Times in 4,433 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    So is it true that there's a SBSettings memory leak?!?! If so, then that must be why our phones have low RAM. Just curious...
    A huge one. I've left it behind. To get total functionality takes 3 other tweaks:
    SBCenter (respring, etc)
    NCSettings (toggles)
    Springtomize (ram readout in status bar + MUCH more)

    But I don't miss SBSettings at all anymore. Much as I've learned to live without Gridlock.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  5. #225
    What's Jailbreak? thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,987
    Thanks
    377
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 857 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    A huge one. I've left it behind. To get total functionality takes 3 other tweaks:
    SBCenter (respring, etc)
    NCSettings (toggles)
    Springtomize (ram readout in status bar + MUCH more)

    But I don't miss SBSettings at all anymore. Much as I've learned to live without Gridlock.
    Ouch! Both my tweaks depend on SBSettings...

    I'll have to debate if I want ads showing up in Cydia/MMI.app and the default IntelliScreenX toggles VERSUS the decrease in RAM.

    Choices - choices...

  6. #226
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,616
    Thanks
    3,999
    Thanked 8,828 Times in 4,433 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Ouch! Both my tweaks depend on SBSettings...

    I'll have to debate if I want ads showing up in Cydia/MMI.app and the default IntelliScreenX toggles VERSUS the decrease in RAM.

    Choices - choices...
    What tweaks?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  7. #227
    What's Jailbreak? thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,987
    Thanks
    377
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 857 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    What tweaks?
    •Cydia Ads SUCK!!!
    •iRetina IntelliScreenX Toggles

    Both depend on SBSettings although I do have a 'Cydia Ads SUCK!!!' on my repo that is independent of SBSettings. I just liked being able to turn ads On or Off w/ an SBSettings Toggle if I ever ran into a problem.

    I might go that route and ditch SBSettings till its fixed...
    ----------------------
    Well...goodbye 'Processes'....

    I hope this is worth it!
    Last edited by thazsar; 03-05-2013 at 05:48 PM.

  8. #228
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,616
    Thanks
    3,999
    Thanked 8,828 Times in 4,433 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I might go that route and ditch SBSettings till its fixed...
    ----------------------
    Well...goodbye 'Processes'....

    I hope this is worth it!
    Nah.. An App Store app works way better at clearing processes. It's called "System Activity". Check it out. You don't need SBSettings anymore. And Springtomize also turns off MobileSubstrates 1x1. The only feature of SBSettings I haven't been able to duplicate is the "Fix Blanks" feature. But I haven't needed that fix since iOS 6.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  9. #229
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Xpress690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Luanda, Angola
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts

    Hi guys

    Thanks for the "tips" and advise... ready all the converations helps somohow to have an idea of waht is going one "inside" our phones.
    I do have a question that I couldn't find anyware yet, is there a way around "GridLock" ?? and I'm not talking about "iBlank"??

    Thanks again
    Paul
    Paulo Santos
    vIsIt ThE aZoReS

  10. #230
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,368
    Thanks
    6,736
    Thanked 15,090 Times in 6,938 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Xpress690 View Post
    Hi guys

    Thanks for the "tips" and advise... ready all the converations helps somohow to have an idea of waht is going one "inside" our phones.
    I do have a question that I couldn't find anyware yet, is there a way around "GridLock" ?? and I'm not talking about "iBlank"??

    Thanks again
    Paul
    Until gridlock is updated iconoclasm is probably the best option.

  11. #231
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Xpress690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Luanda, Angola
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Until gridlock is updated iconoclasm is probably the best option.
    Thanks Simon

    The thing is, Iconoclasm doesn't exactly do what GridLock does... does it?? It's not the same!

    Can I place my Icons freelly anyware that I want??

    Thanks
    Paul
    Paulo Santos
    vIsIt ThE aZoReS

  12. #232
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,368
    Thanks
    6,736
    Thanked 15,090 Times in 6,938 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Xpress690 View Post
    Thanks Simon

    The thing is, Iconoclasm doesn't exactly do what GridLock does... does it?? It's not the same!

    Can I place my Icons freelly anyware that I want??

    Thanks
    Paul
    No, not the same. Gridlock is a lot easier to use. Iconoclasm can get the same end result as gridlock but you have to set different layouts to achieve it.

  13. #233
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Xpress690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Luanda, Angola
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    No, not the same. Gridlock is a lot easier to use. Iconoclasm can get the same end result as gridlock but you have to set different layouts to achieve it.
    I've tried and tried and it gets me nowhere..... I'm using a theme called "ChocolateHD and I would like to place the icons where they need to go...

    Thanks Simon
    Paul
    Paulo Santos
    vIsIt ThE aZoReS

  14. #234
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,368
    Thanks
    6,736
    Thanked 15,090 Times in 6,938 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Xpress690 View Post
    I've tried and tried and it gets me nowhere..... I'm using a theme called "ChocolateHD and I would like to place the icons where they need to go...

    Thanks Simon
    Paul
    Have you tried using iconoclasm layout maker? It lets you make your own iconoclasm layout to fit your need.

  15. #235
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Xpress690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Luanda, Angola
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts

    No, never...I didn't even knew about of such a feature .... how do I go about getting that...?

    Paul
    Paulo Santos
    vIsIt ThE aZoReS

  16. #236
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,368
    Thanks
    6,736
    Thanked 15,090 Times in 6,938 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Xpress690 View Post
    No, never...I didn't even knew about of such a feature .... how do I go about getting that...?

    Paul
    The layout maker is in cydia, just download it and iconoclasm and it has a tutorial in it.

  17. #237
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,616
    Thanks
    3,999
    Thanked 8,828 Times in 4,433 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Xpress690 View Post
    No, never...I didn't even knew about of such a feature .... how do I go about getting that...?

    Paul
    Just search for it on Cydia. Free. Can get you any layout you want. AND different PAGE TO PAGE.. In that way it's even more like Gridlock. Now as Simon says- it's not as easy as cliking and holding on an icon and moving it. But most of us aren't changing our layout daily. We work on it for a while and then 'lock in' to a positioning plan and use it. Iconoclasm Layout Maker will allow that. Give yourself a couple of hours to 'figure out' Icono Layout Maker. It's just a plain pain in the azz right now that Gridlock isn't done - so NOTHING will be 'as easy'. Just know that going in. BUT you can achieve the EXACT same results as Gridlock with Iconoclasm and Iconoclasm Layout Maker. Just be patient. I actually like it better than Gridlock.

    One big thing to not forget. This would really piss you off if I didn't tell you. On whatever layout you create -- leave room for at least ONE extra icon per page that you don't necessarily want in your set up. If you make it 'precise' per page then when the App Store adds an app or Cydia - or you try to move an icon from one page to the next - the phone will crash and restart. Why? Each page needs room to move an icon to. Without it - it crashes.. So I always leave at least a row of 3 at the bottom - that I can leave blank - so there is room for icons to be added from page to page. Even without Gridlock - Apple still allows you to leave out icons to the 'bottom' of each screen. It just packs all icons toward the top grid points without Gridlock. So - again - in each layout you make in layout maker leave at least 1 or 2 open at the bottom which DON'T HAVE TO get filled for your look - but are there as 'place holders' for incoming apps.

    Enjoy,
    Grant

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    oscarf (03-07-2013), Simon (03-06-2013)

  19. #238
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,368
    Thanks
    6,736
    Thanked 15,090 Times in 6,938 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Just search for it on Cydia. Free. Can get you any layout you want. AND different PAGE TO PAGE.. In that way it's even more like Gridlock. Now as Simon says- it's not as easy as cliking and holding on an icon and moving it. But most of us aren't changing our layout daily. We work on it for a while and then 'lock in' to a positioning plan and use it. Iconoclasm Layout Maker will allow that. Give yourself a couple of hours to 'figure out' Icono Layout Maker. It's just a plain pain in the azz right now that Gridlock isn't done - so NOTHING will be 'as easy'. Just know that going in. BUT you can achieve the EXACT same results as Gridlock with Iconoclasm and Iconoclasm Layout Maker. Just be patient. I actually like it better than Gridlock.

    One big thing to not forget. This would really piss you off if I didn't tell you. On whatever layout you create -- leave room for at least ONE extra icon per page that you don't necessarily want in your set up. If you make it 'precise' per page then when the App Store adds an app or Cydia - or you try to move an icon from one page to the next - the phone will crash and restart. Why? Each page needs room to move an icon to. Without it - it crashes.. So I always leave at least a row of 3 at the bottom - that I can leave blank - so there is room for icons to be added from page to page. Even without Gridlock - Apple still allows you to leave out icons to the 'bottom' of each screen. It just packs all icons toward the top grid points without Gridlock. So - again - in each layout you make in layout maker leave at least 1 or 2 open at the bottom which DON'T HAVE TO get filled for your look - but are there as 'place holders' for incoming apps.

    Enjoy,
    Grant
    Thanks for that. I'm not very familiar with iconoclasm myself, only used it a few times. I always preferred gridlock. I just tried the iblank method for the first time this morning and that is not hard to setup either. I'm gonna use that I think until gridlock is updated.

  20. #239
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mgmm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    I thought I posted this yesterday but I guess not. You guys (Simon and NewdestinyX) have been been real helpful (and patient) in your posts on the respringing using Activator to maintain the battery usage figures. I tried it last night and it works well, even after updating from Cydia. Just to be sure I close Cydia and respring using an Activator method and the the figures are intact. Thanks again for the tips and tricks.

    @NewdestinyX, you posted about the Cydia app, SBCenter, that resprings, reboots and powers off from the Notification Center. Can you resprings from this tweak and keep the battery usage figures, or does this wipe them out?

  21. #240
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,616
    Thanks
    3,999
    Thanked 8,828 Times in 4,433 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post
    Just to be sure I close Cydia and respring using an Activator method and the the figures are intact.
    You also need to cancel out of Cydia in the app switcher before you use the activator respring or you'll lose your battery stats. Simply going back to the springboard after Cydia doesn't protect you from the loss of the stats. Simon taught me you have to open the app switcher, get the icons wiggling. and then click the minus next to Cydia, then go back to Springboard and then use your activator click to respring.

    @NewdestinyX, you posted about the Cydia app, SBCenter, that resprings, reboots and powers off from the Notification Center. Can you resprings from this tweak and keep the battery usage figures, or does this wipe them out?
    Unfortunately no. The respring function in SBCenter kills the battery stats. Currently "Activator" is the only application whose respring doesn't kill the stats. Though, it seems that even the "Activator" method of respring kills the battery stats from within WinterBoard. There's no way to back out of WinterBoard without using its own respring method which kills the stats. . So without a way to keep the stats after making a change in Winterboard the whole thing seems like a waste of time. Because it's in Winterboard where I need to respring most of the time.

    Bottom line-iOS 6 changed the way the caches get cleared whenever Respring happens. So all of the developers are going to have to rewrite their respring methods to stop the battery stats erasure and this brightness issue that we've been having which is also a function of respring caches being changed in iOS 6. Though there's a great tweak out now that solves the brightness dimming issue after respring.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-06-2013 at 02:33 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts