+ Reply
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evasi0n 1.4 Released With Support for iOS 6.1.2

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Simon No, not alone. I am trying to remember in what order I did it last week. I thought I did the jailbreak first but I may
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,439 Times in 4,286 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    No, not alone. I am trying to remember in what order I did it last week. I thought I did the jailbreak first but I may have restored from iTunes backup first. Memory is not what it used to be
    yeah. Just glad Zok is so cool about getting on top of a problem. Do you know how hard it is sometimes to convince a dev that you've found a reproducible bug?!. He wasn't imperious in attitude. He offered his best educated guess then confirmed the bug. Great dev!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mgmm1's Avatar
    Thanks

Yup, sbsettings requires activator, but activator does not require sbsettings thankfully.
    Not sure if I misunderstood this.

I just uninstalled SBSettings and Activator is still installed. Activations I set up prior to uninstalling SBSettings still work. I tried setting a new activation method (tap and hold the status bar) to Quick Compose a text using BiteSMS and nothing happens. I also tried a Swipe method...baddabing...still nothing. Does SBSetting need to reside on the device to use Activator?
    Last edited by Simon; 02-28-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,782 Times in 6,877 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post

Not sure if I misunderstood this.

I just uninstalled SBSettings and Activator is still installed. Activations I set up prior to uninstalling SBSettings still work. I tried setting a new activation method (tap and hold the status bar) to Quick Compose a text using BiteSMS and nothing happens. I also tried a Swipe method...baddabing...still nothing. Does SBSetting need to reside on the device to use Activator?
    No, it doesn't have to be on the device for activator to work. You may be experiencing bugs with activator.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-02-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mgmm1's Avatar
    Thanks

No, it doesn't have to be on the device for activator to work. You may be experiencing bugs with activator.
    Actually, it was a bug in my brain. I had uninstalled BiteSMS and then reinstalled it and the "Use Activator" setting reset to off.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post
    Actually, it was a bug in my brain. I had uninstalled BiteSMS and then reinstalled it and the "Use Activator" setting reset to off.
    Lol, that'll do it too

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-02-2013)

Thanks

Just tried respringing using activator, I set respring to activate using double press of power button. It worked, my battery usage stats are still there
    Simon. Got any tips/tricks for getting out of Winterboard without loss of battery stats? Different than the Cydia trick you taught me - you can't get to the Springboard after a Winterboard change without it auto-respringing. So I just try to use my 'activator' key step (double cik sleep button - like you) but, from Winterboard, even that action kills battery specs. Can you confirm my finding? All other settings where I need respring (Iconoclasm, etc) all preserve my battery stats as long as I use my Activator keystroke. But not leaving Winterboard. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Simon. Got any tips/tricks for getting out of Winterboard without loss of battery stats? Different than the Cydia trick you taught me - you can't get to the Springboard after a Winterboard change without it auto-respringing. So I just try to use my 'activator' key step (double cik sleep button - like you) but, from Winterboard, even that action kills battery specs. Can you confirm my finding? All other settings where I need respring (Iconoclasm, etc) all preserve my battery stats as long as I use my Activator keystroke. But not leaving Winterboard. Any thoughts?
    In activator go under the option that says "In application" and choose the double press sleep button to respring there too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-02-2013)

Thanks

In activator go under the option that says "In application" and choose the double press sleep button to respring there too.
    Once you assign a keystroke in Activator it's assigned for all functions; In Application, Anywhere, etc. I set the original in "Anywhere". So it's already assigned in In Application as well.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Once you assign a keystroke in Activator it's assigned for all functions; In Application, Anywhere, etc. I set the original in "Anywhere". So it's already assigned in In Application as well.

Any other ideas?
    Trust me. Just do it.

Thanks

Trust me. Just do it.
    What I'm saying is it was already set, Simon. When I went into In Application - the double tap sleep trigger was already assigned to Respring. Still kills battery stats. There's nothing to change in that window. Whatever you set in the "Anywhere" window sets it for all other scenarios.

Thanks

What I'm saying is it was already set, Simon. When I went into In Application - the double tap sleep trigger was already assigned to Respring. Still kills battery stats. There's nothing to change in that window. Whatever you set in the "Anywhere" window sets it for all other scenarios.
    Does it respring when you double press the sleep button after selecting whatever change in winter board you want to select?

Edit: reread your first post about this. I will try it tomorrow after a full charge and let you know if it does the same for me.

What about powering the phone off after selecting your theme?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-02-2013)

Thanks

Does it respring when you double press the sleep button after selecting whatever change in winter board you want to select?
    Yup.
    What about powering the phone off after selecting your theme?
    Now THAT's taking a 'work around' to another whole level of "pain in the azz" - ya feel me? I change stuff in WB 20 times a day, Simon.. Lol!! Remember, bro, 90% of us here are themers! Lol!! We enter WB "often". Reboot after every change??? How bout we get Planetbeing and the boys to get this fixed for us. It's Evasi0n that makes Respring kill the stats. I'm getting weary of this. But thanks for your help, bro. Really!

Thanks

Oy with the percentages again lol. You think only 10% of people on MMi are not themers? Not even close. No arguing about it though. You can think what you want there

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-02-2013)

Thanks

Oy with the percentages again lol. You think only 10% of people on MMi are themers? Not even close. No arguing about it though. You can think what you want there
    You're reading too quickly tonight, Simon. Read it again. I said 90% ARE themers. You misread my first post about In Application being overridden by Anywhere mode in Activator and now you misread this one too. Lol!! Slow down bro.

And yeah.. I did the % thing just to get your reaction. !! Lol!!!

Thanks

Do a google search for "iphone respring battery usage". You will see this has been happening long before evasion. Since at least 4.1. I think it has more to do with iOS itself and what a respring does as far as clearing things than the jailbreak causing it.

You're reading too quickly tonight, Simon. Read it again. I said 90% ARE themers. You misread my first post about In Application being overridden by Anywhere mode in Activator and now you misread this one too. Lol!! Slow down bro.

And yeah.. I did the % thing just to get your reaction. !! Lol!!!
    No misread on this one. Just forgot to put the "not". It's there now.

Thanks

Do a google search for "iphone respring battery usage". You will see this has been happening long before evasion. Since at least 4.1. I think it has more to do with iOS itself and what a respring does as far as clearing things than the jailbreak causing it.
    As I mentioned before a stock phone can't respring, Simon. At least WE can't trigger it. Battery stats NEVER get wiped on stock . And a respring on 4.2.1 and 5.1.1 never once killed battery stats for me ever. Never on any of my 3 phones. So you're just dead wrong on this one my friend. IOS6 introduced something into the equation that Evasi0n didn't anticipate. And not just them. The makers of respring tweaks need to figure it out too. It is MOST DEFINTELY something new after iOS 6 jailbroken. That I have lots of evidence for in many screen shots of battery life post many resprings in 4.2.1 and 5.1.1 days.

No misread on this one. Just forgot to put the "not". It's there now.
    You ARE JOKING - right? At a forum called MOD MY IPHONE.. You think less than 90% people here are modding their phones which requires respring after respring??? What good stuff r u smokin tonight, mon?

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,317 Times in 5,974 Posts

You guys are forgetting one thing here. The respring in WB clears specific caches. Not all resprings cear the same caches. Even the "cleaner" tweaks, will clear different caches. Unfortunately, you would need to write your own tweak to clear all the correct caches. There are a couple of caches now that need to be added to WB respring.

I really don't see a full proof work around for this.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

As I mentioned before a stock phone can't respring, Simon. At least WE can't trigger it. Battery stats NEVER get wiped on stock . And a respring on 4.2.1 and 5.1.1 never once killed battery stats for me ever. Never on any of my 3 phones. So you're just dead wrong on this one my friend. IOS6 introduced something into the equation that Evasi0n didn't anticipate. And not just them. The makers of respring tweaks need to figure it out too. It is MOST DEFINTELY something new after iOS 6 jailbroken. That I have lots of evidence for in many screen shots of battery life post many resprings in 4.2.1 and 5.1.1 days.

You ARE JOKING - right? At a forum called MOD MY IPHONE.. You think less than 90% people here are modding their phones which requires respring after respring??? What good stuff r u smokin tonight, mon?
    Did you google that phrase? If you do you may find that I am far from "dead wrong".

Re: your percentage, I'm just saying there are more than 10% of people on MMi that are not themers ie. don't use winterboard. I know members that are on MMi that don't even jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    You guys are forgetting one thing here. The respring in WB clears specific caches. Not all resprings cear the same caches. Even the "cleaner" tweaks, will clear different caches. Unfortunately, you would need to write your own tweak to clear all the correct caches. There are a couple of caches now that need to be added to WB respring.

I really don't see a full proof work around for this.
    That's what I'm trying to say. I don't think this battery usage thing is directly caused by the jailbreak at all. I think it is just caused by how iOS handles resprings and what they do. The fact that he says we only respring when jail broken is irrelevant. There is no need to respring when stock.

Thanks

Did you google that phrase? If you do you may find that I am far from "dead wrong".
    Yeah. It's hardly a widespread problem, Simon. There must be something unique about their phones. Tell the truth - have YOU ever had resprings before ios6 clear battery stars? Not me. Not Anthony either. He's ticked about this too. If it was a minute issue in the past - which is what I'm gathering from the google reads then its A HUGE problem now. King's point is interesting here. Hope he elaborates.

Re: your percentage, I'm just saying there are more than 10% of people on MMi that are not themers ie. don't use winterboard. I know members that are on MMi that don't even jailbreak.
    Well.. what a waste. The forums with the vast majority of participation and post count are theming and modding threads. You can read those stats as a mod as readily as I can see them, You even have mod tools that I wouldn't - at least not here. .. At MY forum I have those same tools. ..

Thanks

As I mentioned before a stock phone can't respring, Simon. At least WE can't trigger it. Battery stats NEVER get wiped on stock .
    Sure it can. In a number of ways.
    Changing the language will do one type of respring.
    Another can be found here: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/01...-jailbreaking/

Well.. what a waste. The forums with the vast majority of participation and post count are theming and modding threads. You can read those stats as a mod as readily as I can see them, You even have mod tools that I wouldn't - at least not here. .. At MY forum I have those same tools. ..
    I agree. The majority of traffic on this site is the theme sections. Just not 90%.