+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Planetbeing: iOS 6.1.2 Jailbreakable on iPhone 5 and iPad Mini, Possibly Others

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I don't use exchange at all so I'm sticking with the 6.1.1. It does suck though, to have reinstall all of your tweaks and what not. If I didn't have
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rvance's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't use exchange at all so I'm sticking with the 6.1.1. It does suck though, to have reinstall all of your tweaks and what not. If I didn't have to respring my device after every install, wouldn't be so bad but damn that **** is annoying as hell.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,868 Times in 6,897 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    My two accounts rely heavily on Calendars for my job. And I've been having to nearly cripple my phone to get thru the day with battery life. It's been getting worse. I drained from 100% to 27% by 2PM today with moderate to heavy use. It's gotten worse recently. I definitely have the bug. Can't test by turning it off since Exchange calendars are central to my job.
    Definitely go for the update then. After evasi0n is updated of course.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Ya, unless you have the exchange bug there is no reason to update.
    What is the exchange bug? I use gmail through exchange and haven't noticed any issues

Thanks
    Thanked 14,868 Times in 6,897 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    What is the exchange bug? I use gmail through exchange and haven't noticed any issues
    Check the picture here in the first post. Seems it is a calendar exchange bug that was affecting battery life for some.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have two Exchange email accounts - and this certainly explains a lot. I will indeed re-jailbreak. PKGBackup will get me all my Cydia stuff back AND my App data. It'll be worth it for me.
    Yep! These "inter point patch release" updates are the ONLY time PKGBackup is useful! Ever tried to use it from one iOS release to another? Yikes! As for having to reinstall all your jail break apps all over again (paid/free) and then re tweak the phone exactly the way you had it, I blame Jay Saurik for NOT MOVING CIDYA ALONG! Anyone remember ROCK? Guess what, it also had a Jailbreak desktop app like iTunes that kept a list of paid/free apps.

At a minimum Cydia should also keep track of your installed free apps as well!

Just sayin...

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Hopefully evasi0n is updated quickly, I have my whole work schedule on my exchange calendar, I found out awhile ago when I kept getting the cannot connect error or whatever, my battery dies too fast

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Suppose to be today

Thanks
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

My two accounts rely heavily on Calendars for my job. And I've been having to nearly cripple my phone to get thru the day with battery life. It's been getting worse. I drained from 100% to 27% by 2PM today with moderate to heavy use. It's gotten worse recently. I definitely have the bug. Can't test by turning it off since Exchange calendars are central to my job.
    This won't improve your battery. I suggest getting a Mophie case. All your widgets will always cripple your battery. Without question!

dxe
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I am curious if the OTA patch blows away the JB

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

I would never do it OTA

Thanks

OTA update on JB phone will most likely blow it up...will end up doing restore on puter anyway...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I tried to update my iphone 5 , now I have lost everything, and evasion won't work because it only supports upto 6.1

Thanks

Go over to forums with issues...

My iPhone is a Part of Me radioBirdman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post
    Yep! These "inter point patch release" updates are the ONLY time PKGBackup is useful! Ever tried to use it from one iOS release to another? Yikes!
    Yep! 4.3.3 to 5.1 omfg it was a disaster!
    Never again!

I still back up with PKGBackup but won't ever try restoring to a major iOS update again!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,551 Times in 4,329 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    This won't improve your battery. I suggest getting a Mophie case. All your widgets will always cripple your battery. Without question!
    Nope. My battery has been terrible since long before jail break my friend. THIS problem's got nothin' to do with my widgets. This bug's been around quite a while. Just glad they identified it finally.

Quote Originally Posted by dxe View Post
    I am curious if the OTA patch blows away the JB
    Nope. OTA never works when a phone is jail broken. This is why it's always puzzled me why people worry about an accidental update after a jailbreak via OTA. Can't happen - and yet even the Evasi0n guys added a subroutine to prevent OTA in Evasi0n 1.3. I've tested this many times. An OTA attempt to upgrade when jail broken fails every time and returns you to your current jailbroken iOS.

Quote Originally Posted by radioBirdman View Post
    Yep! 4.3.3 to 5.1 omfg it was a disaster!
    Never again!

I still back up with PKGBackup but won't ever try restoring to a major iOS update again!
    PKGBackup always accesses Cydia live - and downloads the most current version of every tweak. Now I agree that after a major iOS upgrade many things aren't updated. That's where the trouble can happen. But I always keep a 'basics' restore of all the tweaks that are usually ready by the time a new jailbreak drops. Only Gridlock killed us this time. And things weren't that bad for me at 5.1.1.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-19-2013 at 06:55 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Nope. My battery has been terrible since long before jail break my friend. THIS problem's got nothin' to do with my widgets. This bug's been around quite a while. Just glad they identified it finally.

Nope. OTA never works when a phone is jail broken. This is why it's always puzzled me why people worry about an accidental update after a jailbreak via OTA. Can't happen - and yet even the Evasi0n guys added a subroutine to prevent OTA in Evasi0n 1.3. I've tested this many times. An OTA attempt to upgrade when jail broken fails every time and returns you to your current jailbroken iOS.

PKGBackup always accesses Cydia live - and downloads the most current version of every tweak. Now I agree that after a major iOS upgrade many things aren't updated. That's where the trouble can happen. But I always keep a 'basics' restore of all the tweaks that are usually ready by the time a new jailbreak drops. Only Gridlock killed us this time. And things weren't that bad for me at 5.1.1.
    Gotcha, so I guess widgets just don't chew battery on your device. I forgot you had the special iPhone. Widgets and full brightness are your biggest drains. Not even a debate available bro. That's what it is. I have had the best battery experience of all iPhones with the 5. It comes down to battery management prior to jail breaking. Brightness, push notifications, wifi, auto clock. All those little variables. We have the same device. I have had calendars on until today. Look at the battery dr app you got. Outlines your use. Widgets are the biggest current resource hog on your device.
    Last edited by Pinoy; 02-19-2013 at 09:33 PM.

Thanks

Gotcha, so I guess widgets just don't chew battery on your device. I forgot you had the special iPhone. Widgets and full brightness are your biggest drains. Not even a debate available bro. That's what it is.
    Now it's you being thick as a wall tonight, bro.. .. First, I have never run full brightness - ever. Can't imagine how you got that idea. (You DO know that screen brightness level is not captured with screenshots that you upload to imgur or PhotoBucket, right?) I'm maybe at half brite, no auto, all day.

And I didn't say widgets don't drain battery. I said that my bad battery issue was with me PRIOR to jailbreak. That proves no connection to widgets. And, in keeping with your general statement - it got worse AFTER jailbreak and fillin' her up with my fav widgets. Of course! No contest.

But the Exchange bug's been around since 6.0 if you do a little reading, bro. I use two beefy Exchange Calendars that are central to my job. They're the definite culprit with my battery life prior to 6.1.2. Irrefutable, bro. I'm definitely gettin' me back some battery after this restore. No doubt about it.

Thanks

My point is regardless of this fix your battery will be bad. Could have sworn I read you post you run full brightness. If not my bad. Update to 6.1.2 and see what happens. Nothing! I'll bet the ranch. I added to last post also.

Anyway I'm home now and not in a argumentative mood anymore. Lol. Let me know how 6.1.2 is. I'm on the fence if I wanna update.
    Last edited by Pinoy; 02-19-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Thanks

My point is regardless of this fix your battery will be bad. Could have sworn I read you post you run full brightness. If not my bad. Update to 6.1.2 and see what happens. Nothing! I'll bet the ranch. I added to last post also.

Anyway I'm home now and not in a argumentative mood anymore. Lol. Let me know how 6.1.2 is. I'm on the fence if I wanna update.
    You forget I did a whole extensive thread on battery management having learned many resource management techniques from Anthony that I ran past many veterans for input as well prior to JB. I know all the battery saving tips and tricks - possibly even a few you don't know, bro.. .. You didn't participate in that thread as I recall. But your self admitted OCD would probably have you already know most of what I learned in that thread.

I set my settings EXACTLY as Anthony did and could not get his results with exact same phone - stock, 6.0.2. But there is one difference between Anthony's and my phone - now that I know of the bug - my heavy reliance upon Exchange Calendars for my job.

I don't doubt widget usage (never full brightness, though) is a factor in my battery getting even worse post JB. But all my preferences otherwise are very battery friendly (I'm specific about Location Services, Notifications, etc).. I'm quite convinced the upgrade and restore I just did tonight will make all the difference. The odd fast drain FINALLY makes sense.

So don't bet that farm yet. I'll keep you posted and show some battery results - if I can keep my stinking hands off the respring button for a 24 hour period. What a frustrating bug that is!!!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-19-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Thanks

I concede! Playing in photoshop. Let me know how it goes! Have a good one.