Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Expands its 4G LTE Network in Some Areas, Turns it On in Gainesville, FL

Default AT&T Expands its 4G LTE Network in Some Areas, Turns it On in Gainesville, FL

Just yesterday, Sprint turned on 4G LTE in parts of San Francisco, New York City, Washington, D.C., and some Florida cities including Tampa, Jacksonville, and Miami. Today, AT&T appears to have also worked on beefing up their 4G LTE network for the better.

AT&T has Tuesday morning announced that their 4G LTE network has been expanded in:

• Denver, Colorado
    • Nassau and Suffolk Counties of Deer Park, New York
    • Boise, Idaho

The expansion means that 4G LTE has already been available in some parts of these locations, however AT&T has increased the coverage density in these areas to help provide better service where signal strength may not be adequate. In addition to expanding their 4G LTE network in some areas, AT&T also announces Tuesday morning that they have enabled 4G LTE in Gainesville, Florida.

Many of Apple’s latest devices, including the iPhone 5, iPad Mini, and iPad with retina display, can take advantage of the ultra-fast 4G LTE speeds. 4G LTE offers a theoretical download speed of 100Mb/s, however due to network congestion, users realistically find themselves with 20-60Mb/s to play with.

Are you in any of the areas announced?

Sources: AT&T

I only get hspa+ runnin at 8-10 Mbps hope to see LTE soon

Damnit. C'mon Ocala

iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Thanks

Come on turn it on in Iowa...

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

come on AMA, TX! we've waited long enough!

Do any folks here with an iPhone 5 with unlimited data in an LTE are get throttled down noticeably? I have my 4s and as soon as I hit 3GB my speed goes from +/- 8Mbps to +/-.20Mbps. Just curious to see if there is a difference on how they throttle on the LTE. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sevenstrails View Post
    Do any folks here with an iPhone 5 with unlimited data in an LTE are get throttled down noticeably? I have my 4s and as soon as I hit 3GB my speed goes from +/- 8Mbps to +/-.20Mbps. Just curious to see if there is a difference on how they throttle on the LTE. Thanks!
    I was throttled last month at 5.5gb but I get a text before hitting 5gb. I have iphone5 with unlimited Lte data plan. Btw, I can facetime now on Lte network even if I'm not a shared plan

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bisayakid07 For This Useful Post:

sevenstrails (02-19-2013)

Great that we have it in G'ville, but the signal is still lacking in some heavily congested parts of the city.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Nassau county here. Funny, I noticed yesterday that my LTE coverage was better than usual - I usually only get LTE if I drive westward - nowhere near Suffolk. And I actually had LTE in Suffolk. So it was kinda weird haha.
    Still sticking to wi-fi as much as possible though. Battery life sucks and being an unltd. AT&T customer, I'm bound to be punished with throttled service for actually using the service I pay for.

Only a few more years to get to wichita.

I have AT&T and im wondering does anybody's LTE turn 4g when calls are made and received. Or, is that why they say 4g LTE, cause its LTE for data.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokadaking View Post
    I have AT&T and im wondering does anybody's LTE turn 4g when calls are made and received. Or, is that why they say 4g LTE, cause its LTE for data.
    AT&T doesn't support phone calls over LTE. That's why it switches to 4G HSPA+.

After you end the phone call, it goes back to LTE.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sevenstrails View Post

Last month I hit a little over 9GBs used and they didn't throttle me at all. In fact I have only been throttled one month before iPhone 5 came out but since on LTE I haven't been hit yet. I have used almost 4GBs this month and they haven't throttle me yet*crosses fingers*

I live in Suffolk and Iam really happy that finally Lte is here ,,
    pain & time and glory

whats sad is i'm 35 min south of Atlanta and only have 4g....no LTE....
    IPhone 5s....
    First MacBook Pro 13" I7 2.8Ghz with win7
    1 rooted Thrive
    08 Chevy 2500HD LTZ
    06 Dyna Lowrider
    40ft Raptor toyhauler

Suffolk me got LTE. Me happy.

Gainesville!! If only I had a iPhone 5 now. lol

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha