+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LockInfo 5 Receives An Update Adding Many Demanded Features, Bug Fixes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default LockInfo 5 Receives An Update Adding Many Demanded Features, Bug Fixes

LockInfo 5 was released just before evasi0n , the untethered jailbreak for iOS 6, was released; it brought with it support for iOS 6 and a completely re-written application. LockInfo 5 has since received iPhone 5 support, and several fixes and features. In today’s update, LockInfo 5.1 gets a lot of highly demanded features.

LockInfo 5 has today received a new consolidated lock screen layout option, which will merge all of your incoming notifications and lock screen widgets together without being filtered apart from one another. With this setting, there won't be a notification and widget button, rather, everything will just appear on the same screen and you can scroll through them. If you prefer the filter that separates the notifications from the widgets, that setting is still present in the LockInfo 5 preferences, so you can still use it.

In addition to the layout changes, LockInfo 5 will now include counts for sections that are collapsed, allow the user to control whether or not a section is collapsed on respring, and also allow the user to control how many e-mails or calendar items will show up when collapsed.

LockInfo 5 also now lets you hide your lock screen clock and lock screen slider, change the size of the font, and includes many bug fixes including a fix for the sharing widgets, a fix for the weather updates, better compatibility with e-mail, and more.

LockInfo 5 is currently still on sale at $3.99 and the developer tells us that he doesn’t have a set date for when he wants to end the sale, however he does plan to keep it going until at least Wednesday of this week. In addition, the developer has reset all of the free trial counters, so everyone can download LockInfo 5 for free and enjoy another 14 free days with the application and try out the new features. The update is free for all LockInfo 4 and LockInfo 5 owners.

The developer will be adding even more features in the future, including iPad support. So stay tuned!

Sources: David Ashman Developer
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-18-2013 at 02:32 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Still dims your lockscreen image, if you collapse notifications on the lockscreen, they will also be collapsed in NC, calendar events have too much empty space between them. LockScreen has a long way to go before its usable for me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Still dims your lockscreen image, if you collapse notifications on the lockscreen, they will also be collapsed in NC, calendar events have too much empty space between them. LockScreen has a long way to go before its usable for me
    I don't know what you mean by dims your lock screen image. Do you have a screenshot?

Thanks

So how well does this Work with intelliscreen X? since i use that. Should I integrate both? or just keep intelliscreen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't figure out the email panel on the lockscreen with LI5. Sometimes it shows no email messages even when I have some unread messages in my Inbox, and sometimes it shows messages that have long since been deleted from my Inbox. Only a respring clears it (and then it doesn't show the unread messages still in my Inbox). All I want is for this thing to show me unread messages (and update it on the fly if I read/delete one) regardless if I respring or not. I can't recall having this problem with the old version of LI on my old iP4S.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    So how well does this Work with intelliscreen X? since i use that. Should I integrate both? or just keep intelliscreen.
    They're competing products. I don't think they'd work well together at all.

Thanks

+1 on this. I too use ISX and it seems they both serve the same purpose. Any reason to try LS5?

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just purchased LockInfo (I also have IntelliScreen X) and I'm not sure what happened but when I downloaded LockInfo 5, it completely crashed my phone. Had to hard reboot, manually go into safe mode since I was stuck in a bootloop, and then uninstall it. Afraid to put it back on my phone!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jiggadhu View Post
    I just purchased LockInfo (I also have IntelliScreen X) and I'm not sure what happened but when I downloaded LockInfo 5, it completely crashed my phone. Had to hard reboot, manually go into safe mode since I was stuck in a bootloop, and then uninstall it. Afraid to put it back on my phone!
    They're two tweaks that work to do the same thing - they're going to conflict if you have them together.

I experienced this with the simple tweak "Bulletin", which allows you to access NC from the lockscreen. Removed Bulletin and LI5 gives me virtually the same capability and so much more.

LockInfo is the primary reason I jailbreak my iPhone. While I missed a lot of the features and interaction from LI4, version 5 has grown on me and I enjoy it more than 4 now.

Also, I've submitted a handful of questions and problems to David Ashman since purchasing LockInfo and he's always been very helpful (and patient) in his responses, getting the problem solved. All of that considered, I wouldn't have minded paying for this upgrade that was free.
    Last edited by McMike; 02-18-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Thanks

I still think the previous lockinfo before 5 came out was better. It really didn't need a rewrite.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MercMan007 View Post
    +1 on this. I too use ISX and it seems they both serve the same purpose. Any reason to try LS5?
    Lockinfo is better. Lockinfo 5 will get better. David Ashman is very responsive to his customers. It was horrible when it first came out but it's almost there...just a few more tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    I still think the previous lockinfo before 5 came out was better. It really didn't need a rewrite.
    It needed a rewrite because it was based on really old code and was patched a lot as new versions came out. He goes in to detail on his blog.

Banned
    Thanks

Still no iPad support???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I cant figure out how to get it to work

Green Apple
    Thanks

Did anybody notice significant battery drain before this update was released? I noticed it right away and figured out it was having the weather on the lockscreen. Even with it set to "manual" refresh, my battery was horrible. I enabled it back after I installed this update, hoping there was a fix for it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

Ahhhh....the old familiar. I've missed you consolidated screen

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    Still no iPad support???
    That's coming in the next version.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

I tried 5 and ISX and purchased ISX, I think personally it's much better, and having messages+ intergraded for free sold it because messages+ is an amazing tweak

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MercMan007 View Post

If you already have ISX I don't see much point to get LI. If you don't, you'd better check it out. More actively developed, costs much less (expecially now that's on sale at 3.99$) and the dev doesn't asks you for money every time he has to port the tweak to a new iOS like Intelliborn keeps doing (altough they already have the highest prices around). There's a limit of 5 devices for the license, but one can unregister old devices to make place for new ones. I got it during the iOS1 days and never had to pay again for it.

Thanks

If I could choose between IntelliScreenX and LockInfo 5, I'd probably pick LockInfo 5.

Nothing against IntelliScreenX, it was great on iOS 5, but LockInfo 5 has a more polished interface. You can't argue with the price either. Also, the developer seems very open to feature requests and support and his turnaround times are very fast.

Messages+, if you like that about IntelliScreenX, can be bought as a separate package on Cydia too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The lockinfo dev is great and very responsive to user feedback. I think Lockinfo 5 has a brighter future than intelliscreen x.::