+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Still Capture Enabler' Enables Still Image During Video for the iPod Touch 5G Camera

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Still Capture Enabler' Enables Still Image During Video for the iPod Touch 5G Camera

Just yesterday, an iPod touch 5G-exclusive jailbreak tweak called LLBiPT5 was released that enabled the Low Light Boost photograph mode for the iPod touch 5G’s camera. The feature was exclusively available on the iPhone 5, even though the iPod touch 5G was technically capable of it.

Today, another iPod touch 5G-exclusive jailbreak tweak has been released in Cydia. This one, entitled Still Capture Enabler by iOS developer PoomSmart, will enable the ability to take still images in the middle of capturing video. This is another iPhone 5-excusive feature that is disabled by default on the iPod touch 5G, even though the iPod touch 5G is capable of it.

After installing the tweak, you’ll be able to go into the Camera application on your iPod touch 5G and start recording video. While in the middle of recording video, you can press one of the volume buttons to capture a still image. The still image is like a photograph, but it’s not the same as a photograph. It will be captured in the resolution of the video, rather than the iPhone’s native photograph resolution, which means you will sacrifice some photo quality for the sake of convenience.

The ability to capture still images in the middle of recording your videos means convenience to you whenever you want to capture a specific moment while you’re recording it. It's a great feature to add to your iPod touch 5G if you capture a lot of neat videos, and to just break free of the limitations that Apple puts on you. Best of all, it's free! Check it out!

Still Capture Enabler is not for any other iOS device; only the iPod touch 5G.

Name: Still Capture Enabler
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iPod touch 5G
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: PoomSmart
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (02-17-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Darn

Thanks

is there still not a tweak like this one for the 4S or have i just completely missed it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    is there still not a tweak like this one for the 4S or have i just completely missed it?
    I don't believe that the iPhone 4S has the hardware required to do this.

These features, IIRC, have been built into the updated chips in newer iOS devices.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

These features, IIRC, have been built into the updated chips in newer iOS devices.
    Actually I contacted the developer of this tweaks and he/she is working on the tweak to be compatible for the 4s

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_Hughes View Post
    Actually I contacted the developer of this tweaks and he/she is working on the tweak to be compatible for the 4s
    It will probably have to be built separately as a new piece of software. I don't think it exists in the iPhone 4S already to simply be enabled like it does in the iPod touch 5G. We'll see.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Those little *******, I made this tweak weeks ago and it was live on big boss repo, I made it as a theme but it works as a theme, *******

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_Hughes View Post
    How did you contact the developer, I want the email plz
    Last edited by Orb1ta v1tae; 02-17-2013 at 09:17 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This tweak should be workable for the 4s. Quickpix in the app store has this function.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orb1ta v1tae View Post
    Those little *******, I made this tweak weeks ago and it was live on big boss repo, I made it as a theme but it works as a theme, *******

How did you contact the developer, I want the email plz
    Just click the tweak in Cydia and click the devs name and u can contact them

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

What do you mean updated chips? Like processors? The iPod touch 5G and iPhone 4S have the same a5 processor

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    What do you mean updated chips? Like processors? The iPod touch 5G and iPhone 4S have the same a5 processor
    Yes, but its tweaked.

Thanks

Yes, but its tweaked.
    Oh did not know that, I thought it was the same processor

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Oh did not know that, I thought it was the same processor
    If my understanding is correct, Apple added features to the new iOS devices' chips, similarly to how the iPhone 5 has improved image stability built into the A6 chip over the iPhone 4S's A5 chip.

If this isn't the case, then Apple may have only written it software-deep and it could only be programmed into four-inch display versions of iOS.

Thanks

If my understanding is correct, Apple added features to the new iOS devices' chips, similarly to how the iPhone 5 has improved image stability built into the A6 chip over the iPhone 4S's A5 chip.

If this isn't the case, then Apple may have only written it software-deep and it could only be programmed into four-inch display versions of iOS.
    That was my understanding, I hadn't dug to deep into the specs, but from what I had read, is that they hadn't changed anything in the processor, but they did upgrade the camera to the one like the iPhone 5, so it might be that they needed the updated camera, or as you said it might be just in the software and they are just trying to sell you the new product

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Isn't there an app for that in App store, "Sametime"?

Banned
    Thanks

lol, this is a 7 month old feature that comes with stock Android on the Galaxy S3, the HTC One X and several other Android phones.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

And they wonder why we jB are phone

Thanks
    Thanked 14,833 Times in 6,893 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    lol, this is a 7 month old feature that comes with stock Android on the Galaxy S3, the HTC One X and several other Android phones.
    This feature is already available on a iPhone 5 and has been for some time too. This tweak is for the iPod Touch. You are comparing an iPod Touch now to top of the line Android phones? Are you really that hard up to troll for Android?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (02-22-2013)