+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AssistantLove Update Adds Support for Grooveshark and Google Maps, iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
AssistantLove is a popular Siri-enhancing jailbreak tweak by iOS developer John Coates (the same developer that brought us Flex ) that was released one year ago; it gave Siri a
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default AssistantLove Update Adds Support for Grooveshark and Google Maps, iPhone 5

AssistantLove is a popular Siri-enhancing jailbreak tweak by iOS developer John Coates (the same developer that brought us Flex) that was released one year ago; it gave Siri a lot of powerful features, including the ability to use third-party navigation applications to find directions, the ability to play music from Spotify rather than the stock Music application, and the ability to launch applications under aliases rather than by name.

AssistantLove has received a major update Sunday afternoon with support for the iPhone 5. iOS 6.1 support was added in the previous update, however the tweak didn’t have iPhone 5 support until today.

The update also carries with it integration with Grooveshark, an alternative music application to Spotify and the stock Music application. So now, if you have Grooveshark installed on your iOS device (available in Cydia), you can use Siri to play music through Grooveshark with AssistantLove.

In addition, Google’s popular Google Maps application has been integrated into AssistantLove, so you can get directions through Google Maps without having to mention “transit,” in your sentences just like you were asking Siri to provide directions through Apple's Maps application. AssistantLove also supports other popular mapping applications, such as Motion-X, Waze, TomTom, and Navigon.

Another useful feature of AssistantLove is that you can use Siri to toggle system services, such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, mono-audio, and flashlight:

AssistantLove will also let you set aliases for applications so you can say something like "Launch the cool Maps application," rather than "Launch Google Maps." This is a pretty neat feature and can be configured from the Settings application with the rest of AssistantLove's preferences:

The developer is working on many other features for the future, including support for toggling LTE on and off. You can also suggest features by using the “Feature Requests” button in the AssistantLove preferences pane.

If you’re looking to beef up Siri’s usefulness, AssistantLove is a wonderful place to start. The tweak is only $1.99 from the BigBoss repository, and existing owners can download Sunday’s update absolutely free. Check it out!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-17-2013 at 01:17 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone tankz504's Avatar
    Thanks

Dang, everytime I think I have bought every neat tweak, yall post something I am not aware of. Thanks!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What kind of things can i say to use this app with spotify? Everytime it just says my music library is empty.. Or can't find "X" song in my music..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slayorktc View Post
    What kind of things can i say to use this app with spotify? Everytime it just says my music library is empty.. Or can't find "X" song in my music..
    Well first you make sure that Spotify is enabled in the settings.

Then you can say something like, "Play Metallica" and AssistantLove will play a random song by Metallica.

You can also say something like, "Play Message In A Bottle By Machine Head" and AssistantLove will find the song you're looking for specifically and play it.

Thanks

YESSSSSS been waiting for this

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tankz504 View Post
    Dang, everytime I think I have bought every neat tweak, yall post something I am not aware of. Thanks!!!!
    Totally agree with your statement! Something interesting always pops up!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

it's true so many things worth buying. was purchased as soon as I read this .
    thx

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Now if they'd only update Hands Free for the 5. This with spotify and hands free is awesome in my car.

iPhone? More like MyPhone FrogsOblivious's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Well first you make sure that Spotify is enabled in the settings.

Then you can say something like, "Play Metallica" and AssistantLove will play a random song by Metallica.

You can also say something like, "Play Message In A Bottle By Machine Head" and AssistantLove will find the song you're looking for specifically and play it.
    Hmm. It's not working very well for me. I'll say "play perfect lover," for example, and Siri will hear me correctly but tell me I don't have a song named "perfect lover." (I do, and it's even downloaded to my device.) So,

Hoping for these features:
    1. Better song/artist recognition I guess? ("Play Usher" brings up no results.)
    2. Playlist recognition... this is key. "Play starred" "Play playlist x"
    3. Ability to pull up a song that I don't have on a playlist.
    4. Ability to skip forward/backward w/ siri

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Now if they'd only update Hands Free for the 5. This with spotify and hands free is awesome in my car.
    Yeah! I would love Hands Free too be updated! Does anyone know the developer or any one know the status of maybe the potential update? Would love to purchase it on my Iphone 5!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bfreshbutler View Post
    Yeah! I would love Hands Free too be updated! Does anyone know the developer or any one know the status of maybe the potential update? Would love to purchase it on my Iphone 5!
    The developer has been... erm... unresponsive for a very long time. So no one knows what his intent is.

Optimo over at BigBoss, however, hinted to me that the developer might be working on an update. But he is very busy.

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FrogsOblivious View Post
    Hmm. It's not working very well for me. I'll say "play perfect lover," for example, and Siri will hear me correctly but tell me I don't have a song named "perfect lover." (I do, and it's even downloaded to my device.) So,

Hoping for these features:
    1. Better song/artist recognition I guess? ("Play Usher" brings up no results.)
    2. Playlist recognition... this is key. "Play starred" "Play playlist x"
    3. Ability to pull up a song that I don't have on a playlist.
    4. Ability to skip forward/backward w/ siri
    That's really odd, your queries should work fine. Do you have a Spotify account?

As for playlists, Spotify doesn't give access to playlist information in their API, so I can't add that feature until they do. Ability to skip forward/backward is coming.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCoates View Post
    That's really odd, your queries should work fine. Do you have a Spotify account?

As for playlists, Spotify doesn't give access to playlist information in their API, so I can't add that feature until they do. Ability to skip forward/backward is coming.
    On that note, AssistantLove is stopping Siri finding playlists from Music.app, even when I turn Spotify and Grooveshark access off in its settings. It can still find artists, genres and songs, but not playlists. Any chance of a fix for this, as its a deal-breaker for me (though I've already paid!)?

Thanks

AssistantLove has also just gained support for toggling LTE via Siri on the iPhone 5.