+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lite Version of RingerX VIP Now Available in Cydia With Fewer Features

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
iOS developer Yllier has just released RingerX Lite, a free version of the popular RingerX VIP jailbreak tweak that gives you tons of options for notifications in iOS. The tweak
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

Default Lite Version of RingerX VIP Now Available in Cydia With Fewer Features

iOS developer Yllier has just released RingerX Lite, a free version of the popular RingerX VIP jailbreak tweak that gives you tons of options for notifications in iOS. The tweak makes it so you can pick the contacts that you want to be notified from, and the contacts that you don't want to be notified from, as well as many other cool features.

In exchange for being free, RingerX Lite comes with some limitations that you won’t find in the full version of RingerX. For instance, users will only be able to assign custom ringtones, custom vibrations, and other options to a maximum of three contacts and/or three applications at once. In the full version of RingerX, users have no limits at all on the amount of contacts or applications that they can assign custom settings to.

The Lite version of RingerX also only supports custom ring and vibration settings for blocked callers, and not unknown callers like RingerX VIP does.

Lastly, the temporary mute feature, which allows you to mute the device for a period of time by invoking an Activator action and then inputting the amount of time that you want to mute the device, is not present in the Lite version of RingerX, as this is a RingerX VIP-only feature.

RingerX Lite is a good way to trial RingerX VIP to see how it works before buying the full tweak, however many users are going to want all of the features of RingerX VIP without the limits that the Lite version brings with it. The temporary mute function, for example, is one of the most favorited features of RingerX VIP that isn't available in the Lite version of the tweak. If you'd like to give the free RingerX Lite tweak a try, you can download it from the BigBoss repository in Cydia right now!

Name: RingerX Lite
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.23
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Yllier
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-17-2013 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Corrected a typo

Thanks

Always wanted to check this out so ill give the free version a test run. Although this tweak seems cool the app I'd love to get back on my iPhone more than anything is MiVTones.

I'm no developer, but when I think about how much I miss that app I really do wish I could fix it myself. Who knows maybe due to changes in iOS it's probably not fixable because it seems to be abandoned or the developer has no plans of updating it any further.

By the way Anthony I've been coming to this site for years, but only joined some time last year just to enter a promotional contest. Anyway there were so many times I thought this site was going down the drain, but then you came on board and started make it enjoyable again.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work that you put in to providing us with content. Even when the well was running dry prior to the 6.1 jailbreak you still went about and beyond to keep us informed even if it was just about one tweak.

Thanks man for all that you do.
    Last edited by rodnutz; 02-17-2013 at 12:36 AM.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rodnutz For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (02-17-2013), bisayakid07 (02-17-2013), joshlogic (02-17-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Such a wonderful app for those that work night shifts. Been using it since beta; think this was one of the betas I got in.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Such a wonderful app for those that work night shifts. Been using it since beta; think this was one of the betas I got in.
    Agree on that one for sure