Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'PowerMusic MiniPlayer' Adds a Lot of Useful Features to iOS for Music Lovers

Default 'PowerMusic MiniPlayer' Adds a Lot of Useful Features to iOS for Music Lovers

If you use your Music application a lot and find having access to your music anywhere to be a useful feature, then a new jailbreak tweak called PowerMusic MiniPlayer by iOS developer MPow is something you will definitely want to check out.

PowerMusic MiniPlayer adds an intuitive album browser right to your lock screen, which literally displays all of the albums you have available in your Music application’s library. You can tap on one of the albums to display all of the songs in that album, and then tap on the song to play it. The album browser can be hidden or shown on demand with the little music button in the top-left-hand corner of the lock screen next to the clock.

While you're on the lock screen, you can take advantage of gestures to control your music. You can double-tap to play and pause music, as well as swipe left or right to navigate through your library. You can also swipe up or down to adjust your volume level.

PowerMusic MiniPlayer also gives you an optional Notification Center widget, which can be enabled or disabled by dragging the widget in and out of Notification Center from the Notifications preferences pane. The Notification Center widget comes with buttons that you can use to play, pause, and navigate through your music. The list button on the right will display your albums when tapped, and the box on the left will show the album artwork of the currently-playing song:

You’ll be able to easily enable or disable the lock screen music controls and music gestures from the preferences pane if you so choose to:

In many ways, PowerMusic MiniPlayer competes with [uel=http://modmyi.com/content/10025-music-controls-pro-6-0-now-beta-upgrade-music-controls-pro.html]Music Controls Pro 6.0+[/url], which just went into beta a little while ago. The major difference is price, where PowerMusic MiniPlayer is just $1, while Music Controls Pro 6.0+ is $3.99 while in beta and will soon rise to $5.99. Music Controls Pro 6.0+ will, however, be getting a lot more features than PowerMusic MiniPlayer has in the future as it moves out of the beta stages.

The tweak is impressive, and works with iOS 5 and iOS 6. Unfortunately, it only has support for the stock Music application. If you use the Music application a lot on your iOS device(s), then PowerMusic MiniPlayer is right up your alley!

Name: PowerMusic MiniPlayer
    Price: $1
    Version: 1.0.3-1
    Requirements: iOS 5+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: MPow
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Been crushing every app on my iPhone 5 when I remove it by using sbsettings to boot in safe mode it works fine after removing please fix thanks

When selecting music, does it play only what's in the album? Or does it continue to shuffle from your entire library? I have many songs that are from various albums so if that's the case, I'd have a never ending loop of the same song while I'm driving, until I get the chance to pick out a new song..

After downloading PowerMusic MiniPlayer none of my other apps would open.Had to uninstall it which was difficult since cydia would not open as well

I have a 4s running 6.1
    Last edited by tommytauk; 02-17-2013 at 09:51 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tommytauk View Post
    After downloading PowerMusic MiniPlayer none of my other apps would open.Had to uninstall it which was difficult since cydia would not open as well

I have a 4s running 6.1
    This is exactly the same problem I had, developer please fix !!!

Don't buy this it crashes every time I open an app I had deleted this off my iphone5 it seems like my phone is 5x faster now stay away from this

iPhone 5 with 6.1 here. Installed it and got the endless Apple logo rebooting. Restoring the phone now....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gldoorii View Post
    iPhone 5 with 6.1 here. Installed it and got the endless Apple logo rebooting. Restoring the phone now....
    No need to restore - just press Volume Up button when rebooting. Then uninstall Powermusicplayer via cydia.

This tweak has to be fixed!

There was an update to the tweak last night. Try it and see if the update fixes your problems.

Is there any way to disable certain gestures? Like the volume gesture? When I have bulletin running, the swiping up gesture to raise the volume conflicts with the swipe away gesture on bulletin to remove notifications on the lockscreen. When that happens the phone resprings to safemode. I dont want to turn off the gestures because I like being able to control my music from the lockscreen. Just wondering if it is possible. Thanks