Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Remote Messages 2.0 Released With iOS 6 Support, Only $2.50 for Next 48 Hours

Default Remote Messages 2.0 Released With iOS 6 Support, Only $2.50 for Next 48 Hours

At the end of January, we showed you a jailbreak tweak called Remote Messages by iOS developer Beast Soft, which allowed you to carry out text message and iMessage conversations through your Web browser on your personal computer. It makes a great alternative to Messages for Mac on Mac computers, and gives Windows users a way to message from their computers as well.

The tweak works by using your home Wi-Fi network, and you can log into the messaging session through your Web browser by entering the username and password, when prompted, that you set in the Remote Messages preferences pane on your iOS device. You have more than one conversation in the Web browser at once, and it shows device signal information and even supports file-sending.

Remote Messages 2.0 has been released Saturday evening with support for iOS 6. The original Remote Messages tweak is a separate package in Cydia from Remote Messages 2.0 and does not support iOS 6, so you’ll need to install the new Remote Messages 2.0 package to use the tweak on iOS 6. Remote Messages 2.0 also plays nicely with the iPhone 5, just in case you're interested.

For the next 48 hours, Remote Messages 2.0 is on sale for $2.50, and afterwards, it will return to the normal $4.99 price. Existing owners of Remote Messages can download Remote Messages 2.0 for free! If you're interested in grabbing it, grab it while it's half off!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-16-2013 at 08:16 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been waiting for this! Now I don't have to bother having a VM of Mac OS in my Windows laptop just for iMessage support. (plus ALL text messages, not just iMessage is supported) Good stuff, here I go.

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty useful tweak!

Doesn't even work. The page won't load.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeiiko View Post
    Doesn't even work. The page won't load.
    make sure the tweak is enabled. Its disabled by default.

So they have to be on the same wifi network?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eightyk88 View Post
    So they have to be on the same wifi network?
    Yep, just the same way remote works to allow you to control your iTunes library using the app on your iPhone or iPad, this tweak uses your wifi network to allow you to message from your web browser on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
    Yep, just the same way remote works to allow you to control your iTunes library using the app on your iPhone or iPad, this tweak uses your wifi network to allow you to message from your web browser on your computer.
    Just bought it and it works perfectly. Apple's Remote app on the other hand... I haven't been able to get it to connect to my computer on my iPhone or iPad mini in months. I got it connected a long time ago, but it doesn't connect anymore and trying to start a new connection never works. The only thing it's good for now is I can use it to turn on my computer remotely if I'm connected to my WiFi network. Good for when I wake up and want my computer on when I finish brushing my teeth.

Wanted to point out that this tweak is AMAZING since I can now answer my text messages from my iPad.
    Last edited by Outrager; 02-16-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Thank you so much.. Very cool app.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought it .. anyone else having problems connecting lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colwood View Post
    I bought it .. anyone else having problems connecting lol
    Not really..

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
    Not really..
    good to know well after about an hour of "annoyance" I finally managed to get on!

I only tried chrome I had exited and reopened it countless times and reinstalled the tweak repringed about 5x and rebooted it even more ... the thing that fixed it was turning both my iphone and pc right off then back on ..
    Last edited by Colwood; 02-17-2013 at 12:59 AM.

Thanks

I want this for work but there's no wifi at work and I can't install iTunes at work to use the tethering method

Bought it, seems to work perfectly. There was a free tweak which did most of what this one does (WifiSMS), but updates are slow and iOS6 support is still not there.

On sale for $2.50. Wow. That's $2.50 more than the other, free ways to do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    I want this for work but there's no wifi at work and I can't install iTunes at work to use the tethering method
    Has anybody been able to get this to work with a tethering or itunnel setup similar to what you would do with VNC if you can't be on the same wifi network as your computer at work? I am not having any luck so I am hoping somebody might be able to throw some wisdom down.

Quote Originally Posted by yeah View Post
    Has anybody been able to get this to work with a tethering or itunnel setup similar to what you would do with VNC if you can't be on the same wifi network as your computer at work? I am not having any luck so I am hoping somebody might be able to throw some wisdom down.
    Nevermind, Just found this: Getting Started - Remote Messages

Hope somebody else finds it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by FilSmith View Post
    On sale for $2.50. Wow. That's $2.50 more than the other, free ways to do the same thing.
    Care to share all these other free ways with us?

Quote Originally Posted by justincase View Post
    Care to share all these other free ways with us?
    I think he's referring to wifisms. Even though it doesn't work with iMessage or ios6...

hi i don't have wifi router in my home,i connect internet with usb modem, the only way i connect iphone to my macbook air via wifi is with create network wifi,and i can't use remote messages even my iphone and mabook air connected via wifi
    any suggest to use remote messages? and i don't want use usb tunneling since i don't want have cable usb around me