+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Grafiti 2.0 Released With New Interface, More App Support, Additional Features

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Seven months ago, we showed you a great jailbreak tweak called Grafiti by iOS developer Ian Pappas , which allowed you to draw pictures that you could send with your
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Grafiti 2.0 Released With New Interface, More App Support, Additional Features

Seven months ago, we showed you a great jailbreak tweak called Grafiti by iOS developer Ian Pappas, which allowed you to draw pictures that you could send with your text messages in the Messages application similarly to the Picto-chat feature on the Nintendo DS. It worked with both SMS and iMessage.

Grafiti has received a major update to version 2.0, which includes a complete interface redesign, which looks like it was for the better, and many more features. Above, you can see the new interface, which looks much more professionally done compared to the old version.

The drawing interface looks like it belongs in iOS, and the blank page says, “start drawing here…” where you can draw your picture. The drawing interface is brought up when the user selects the international keyboard key from the keyboard. The new color picker is much easier to work with than the previous RGB sliders, and the undo and redo buttons look better too. The check button will compile your drawing into a picture that can be sent to the recipient.

Apart from the redesigned interface, version 2 of Grafiti also adds support for the iPad, and adds support for other applications, such as Facebook, Facebook Messenger, and Twitter on top of the already-supported Messages application:

In addition, an issue with the fixed brush size not saving has been fixed, and Grafiti no longer requires you to have more than one keyboard enabled from the keyboard preferences in the Settings application.

Grafiti 2.0 is a MAJOR improvement over the initial version, and if you’re looking for tweaks to load onto your fresh iPhone 5 jailbreak, then Grafiti is a tweak to check out! Grafiti requires iOS 5 or later and is available in the BigBoss repository right now for $3.99. Existing owners can upgrade for free.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-16-2013 at 06:08 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Sab0o (02-16-2013)

Thanks

So does this send as a picture?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    So does this send as a picture?
    Yes.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone know if this will this work on FB when making comments? Or just in FB messages?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    Does anyone know if this will this work on FB when making comments? Or just in FB messages?
    At this point it only supports messaging in the Facebook app. I'm trying to figure out how to get it to work in comments/status updates but it's a lot more complicated than I originally thought.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IanP For This Useful Post:

luvmytj (02-16-2013), Sab0o (02-16-2013)

Thanks

Thanks for the answer! I didn't expect a response from the developer and your first post!
    Hopefully you can work it out as that would be really useful.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Assuming it does well, I'm also planning Whatsapp support and possibly a plugin interface so developers can add it to their own apps or other apps if they want to.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to IanP For This Useful Post:

Sab0o (02-16-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    At this point it only supports messaging in the Facebook app. I'm trying to figure out how to get it to work in comments/status updates but it's a lot more complicated than I originally thought.
    You can't comment a photo either way. I think links can make HTML shortcut views. Same thing with statuses.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    You can't comment a photo either way. I think links can make HTML shortcut views. Same thing with statuses.
    Status have the option to attach a photo - this is what I was trying to (so far unsuccessfully) work with. I hadn't even really looked into comments, so it may not be possible, but I'm still trying to get it to work with statuses at least.

Thanks

@Mrteacup - A link to a photo in the comments will show the thumbnail.

Thanks

Does the receiving iOS device have to be jail broken?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nope, once you have created your grafiti it is saved as an image and sent as an image so it can be sent to any phone that is capable of receiving images.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sab0o View Post
    Nope, once you have created your grafiti it is saved as an image and sent as an image so it can be sent to any phone that is capable of receiving images.
    Awesome I think I will try it out, but based on the images in this post I have a question for anyone who uses the emoji keyboard and may have already bought it.

Is it easy to cycle between all 3 keyboards? In the picture of the Grafiti layout there doesn't seem to be a way to get back to the normal keyboard. Does hitting the world button take me back to the normal keyboard or do I have to keep hitting the world button multiple times until I get what I want? If I have to cycle through multiple keyboards all day just to use this then I think I may pass.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rodnutz View Post
    Awesome I think I will try it out, but based on the images in this post I have a question for anyone who uses the emoji keyboard and may have already bought it.

Is it easy to cycle between all 3 keyboards? In the picture of the Grafiti layout there doesn't seem to be a way to get back to the normal keyboard. Does hitting the world button take me back to the normal keyboard or do I have to keep hitting the world button multiple times until I get what I want? If I have to cycle through multiple keyboards all day just to use this then I think I may pass.
    Yes it cycles between all 3 keyboards easily. You basically take turns going from emoji, to letters, to grafiti, to letters again, then emoji again when you use the international keyboard button.

Thanks

I was hoping that wasn't the case. Still I'll check it out because it seems like a fun tweak.

Thanks

I was hoping that wasn't the case. Still I'll check it out because it seems like a fun tweak.
    Or if you disable Emoji outright, it goes straight to Grafiti.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Love this tweak as it has loads of fun in it! And think the dev could teach some others when he allowed owners of the older version to upgrade for free!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to GrumpySod For This Useful Post:

IanP (02-17-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Or if you disable Emoji outright, it goes straight to Grafiti.
    The Globe button on Grafiti's keyboard should act exactly like the globe on any other keyboard: tap it to go to a previous keyboard, or tap & hold to show the menu to switch directly to another keyboard.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    The Globe button on Grafiti's keyboard should act exactly like the globe on any other keyboard: tap it to go to a previous keyboard, or tap & hold to show the menu to switch directly to another keyboard.
    Oh the tap and hold feature was not obvious.

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I also forgot to mention literally everywhere that it also works in Mail! Not sure how I managed to forget it, it's not even in the depiction on Cydia. All well.

Also just finished up Whatsapp support. Should be available by tomorrow.
    Last edited by IanP; 02-17-2013 at 04:49 PM.