+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Android, iOS Secure 91% of Global Smartphone OS Market

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by CCNPJediHacker Underachieving troll! If you understood anything about Android is that it will never be able to remove lag due to the type of codebase used... Also
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CCNPJediHacker View Post
    Underachieving troll!

If you understood anything about Android is that it will never be able to remove lag due to the type of codebase used... Also it will never be a battery friendly OS. I used to love android when iOS4 was around but ios5 and ios6 is many times better
    Your reasoning is flawed. Have you ever used a droid razr MAXX no battery issues there it lasts beyond a day and is running android. You obviously know nothing about android. Move along sheep.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollafront1314 View Post
    android will take the bigger piece of the pie soon..very soon..get a gs3 or note 2, you'll understand why
    Android already has the bigger piece of the pie, Global share is at 70%. there are some exciting new phones coming out from Samsung, HTC and Moto so I expect that Android's global share will grow again but at some point its going to peak and slowdown.

Underachieving troll!

If you understood anything about Android is that it will never be able to remove lag due to the type of codebase used... Also it will never be a battery friendly OS. I used to love android when iOS4 was around but ios5 and ios6 is many times better

Troll, Android does not lag. you obviously haven't used it so stop repeating what you hear from apple fans about Android from 3yrs ago. same goes for the battery life lie you people love to perpetuate. if people are going to run 4G phones with 4.5"+ screens and half a dozen widgets they can expect shorter battery life. a tiny 3.5" screen with 4G incompatibility and no widgets would naturally get somewhat better battery life.

Id put my Note or my Wife's S3 against your iPhone 5 any day and all day and either device will not only perform better than your iPhone but will also offer a better experience as well.

and before you come with the predictable "troll" response--I have iPhones too.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    People are such sheep. Everyone sees the big galaxy screens and wants one. Everyone who has one is telling themselves its not uncomfortable to hold. That's why iOS has more web traffic... We can actually hold our phones. Not only is a galaxy phone hard to hold, it doesn't fit in your pocket either. Just about as practical as 26" rims. As long as apple continues to put out a solid product they'll never become like the company formerly known as rim. As long as people can't think for themselves or just can't afford the apple prices, android will continue to grow.
    Im beginning to wonder if iOS users get paid to spread misinformation and lies about Android. the Note/Note 2 is not uncomfortable to hold and the S3 is actually more comfortable to hold than the iPhone. iOS does not have more web traffic, iOS users are pretty much limited to using Safari whereas Android users can use any browser THEY choose.

my Galaxy note fits in the front pocket of skinny jeans and anybody can afford an iPhone, some of them are offered for Free and many Android phones START at $300.
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 02-15-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Agree with this totally, Android is an absolutely shocking OS. The Android fanboi argument is that you can do what you want on an Android phone... Well news for you JAILBREAK...... Android phones always run out of battery during the day unless you have a massive note 2 and the lag is just horrific... Anybody that prefers an Android device to an Apple device has an agenda against Apple as a company and not basing their opinion on the actual phone or tablet. Would not use Android again if you paid me.... Pile of steaming excrement... And that's from an unbiased point of view because I always wanna buy the best product no matter the vendor...
    There are plenty of things a jailbroken iphone can't do that can be done on stock android. Tasker is a great example of this. Not everyone wants to be in a walled garden.

Also, if you jailbreak doesn't that mean you have an agenda against apple by not using the way they want.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,019 Times in 6,925 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yatezy View Post
    There are plenty of things a jailbroken iphone can't do that can be done on stock android. Tasker is a great example of this. Not everyone wants to be in a walled garden.

Also, if you jailbreak doesn't that mean you have an agenda against apple by not using the way they want.
    What does tasker do?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    What does tasker do?
    It automates tasks.

For example you can set it to turn wifi on when your at home or work and turn it off / stop searching for hotspots while your driving which are all encrypted anyway. This can be done by location (GPS), time, but the best feature is that it can be done by radio tower. As your phone is already searching for a signal it seems the best option.

You can automate practically everything that you would have to do manually.

Beginners Guide to Android Tasker | Part 1 of 3 - YouTube

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    What does tasker do?
    Allows me to completely automate my phone, for example it will turn itself on to airplane mode at night, turn itself on loud on the days I'm working then when I get to work turn the phone onto silent, then when I get home turn my phones hotspot onI so my missus can use my data. These are based on the phones location, times etc

Takes time to set up but the power of it is amazing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to yatezy For This Useful Post:

Simon (02-15-2013)

Thanks

Allows me to completely automate my phone, for example it will turn itself on to airplane mode at night, turn itself on loud on the days I'm working then when I get to work turn the phone onto silent, then when I get home turn my phones hotspot onI so my missus can use my data. These are based on the phones location, times etc

Sounds pretty cool. Will have to check it out on my two Nexus devices. Doesn't sounds like anything a jailbroken iPhone couldn't do with various cydia tweaks though. Between Springtomize, Flex, Activator, Airplane scheduler and the built in do not disturb it could probably do very similar if not the same things. Will have to check tasker out myself though to see.

Green Apple
    Thanks

They're just simple profiles but can get far more technical

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,832 Times in 6,150 Posts

Why do these articles always go way off topic. It was about phone os's, not about hardware. How can you compare the iPhone to almost every other phone made by many different manufacturers? Not really a fair comparison. Now the obvious fanboy response would be that maybe it is a fair comparison, as it takes that many different models to compete with the iPhone, but I'm not gonna go there.

Lets face it, if you want to compare android to iOS, then unfortunately, there isn't any real good way to do it, as everyone has different wants and needs. iOS is made to be very secure and to provide all users with a similar experience, while android is made to give people a much more personalized experience and be a fairly open platform.

I do want to ask as to how people think that the note2 fits comfortably I'm your hand. You can't reach the entire phone with one hand. It has absolutely no ergonomics. It's made to be used with 2 hands like a baby's toy. But to each their own.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    Android already has the bigger piece of the pie, Global share is at 70%. there are some exciting new phones coming out from Samsung, HTC and Moto so I expect that Android's global share will grow again but at some point its going to peak and slowdown.

Troll, Android does not lag. you obviously haven't used it so stop repeating what you hear from apple fans about Android from 3yrs ago. same goes for the battery life lie you people love to perpetuate. if people are going to run 4G phones with 4.5"+ screens and half a dozen widgets they can expect shorter battery life. a tiny 3.5" screen with 4G incompatibility and no widgets would naturally get somewhat better battery life.

Id put my Note or my Wife's S3 against your iPhone 5 any day and all day and either device will not only perform better than your iPhone but will also offer a better experience as well.

Im beginning to wonder if iOS users get paid to spread misinformation and lies about Android. the Note/Note 2 is not uncomfortable to hold and the S3 is actually more comfortable to hold than the iPhone. iOS does not have more web traffic, iOS users are pretty much limited to using Safari whereas Android users can use any browser THEY choose.

my Galaxy note fits in the front pocket of skinny jeans and anybody can afford an iPhone, some of them are offered for Free and many Android phones START at $300.
    Actually, I agree. I like the galaxy a lot, though I have an iPhone. It is a little big for some users though, although the big screen is a nice feature to have

That is actually pretty sick. I'll have to see if I can do that with my jb iPhone 4S.
    Last edited by SuperFastSlug; 02-16-2013 at 12:53 AM.

Thanks

I found something like this on Cydia called aTimeTool

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
    Ha ha, that's funny. Do you know why fewer Android users ROOT their devices than iPhone users JAILBREAK?

Because they don't have to if they want to:

- Change the default internet browser.

- Install a Profile Manager.

- Assign a different e-mail alert tone for each of your e-mail accounts.

- Use WIDGETS.

- Customize or even completely replace the UI.

Yes despite what Apple thinks a lot of users enjoy these features. If Apple was right about what all of the users want then Jailbreak wouldn't bee needed, would it?

Actually wasn't any more difficult, was it?
    Not for a truly IQ challenged person no..

Quote Originally Posted by schnedi View Post
    without the jailbreak the iphone is NOTHING!!

but wait.. Android doesn't need to be rooted to change appearance, install tweaks, etc...
    I think you find it does...

If you change try and theme without using a deodexed ROM and you will hang at boot... So you need to root to be able to install a deodexed ROM. Another flawed argument:/

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFastSlug View Post
    I found something like this on Cydia called aTimeTool
    Jailbreak and Cydia is a far better experience than rooting as all jailbreak apps are centralised in one easy to find place too.

Android does not lag. you obviously haven't used it so stop repeating what you hear from apple fans about Android from 3yrs ago. same goes for the battery life lie you people love to perpetuate. if people are going to run 4G phones with 4.5"+ screens and half a dozen widgets they can expect shorter battery life. a tiny 3.5" screen with 4G incompatibility and no widgets would naturally get somewhat better battery life.

Android lags like hell. And I also think it's pathetic that you Android users have to lurk on iPhone boards in a vain attempt to make you feel that your phone is special, when it's a laggy POS

Hhahahahahahaha note outperform IPhone 5, I would say an iPhone 4 outperforms even the note 2 due to NO LAG and graphical power. Would have an iPhone 4 over any android device ever made.
    Last edited by Simon; 02-16-2013 at 07:42 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Why do these articles always go way off topic. It was about phone os's, not about hardware. How can you compare the iPhone to almost every other phone made by many different manufacturers? Not really a fair comparison. Now the obvious fanboy response would be that maybe it is a fair comparison, as it takes that many different models to compete with the iPhone, but I'm not gonna go there.

Lets face it, if you want to compare android to iOS, then unfortunately, there isn't any real good way to do it, as everyone has different wants and needs. iOS is made to be very secure and to provide all users with a similar experience, while android is made to give people a much more personalized experience and be a fairly open platform.

I do want to ask as to how people think that the note2 fits comfortably I'm your hand. You can't reach the entire phone with one hand. It has absolutely no ergonomics. It's made to be used with 2 hands like a baby's toy. But to each their own.
    Happens all the time. Same people always instigate it too. Sometimes it happens on articles that have absolutely zero to do with either OS.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Underachieving troll!

That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. Apparently you never heard of jelly bean?

Not for a truly IQ challenged person no..

I think you find it does...

If you change try and theme without using a deodexed ROM and you will hang at boot... So you need to root to be able to install a deodexed ROM. Another flawed argument:/

Jailbreak and Cydia is a far better experience than rooting as all jailbreak apps are centralised in one easy to find place too.

Android lags like hell. And I also think it's pathetic that you Android users have to lurk on iPhone boards in a vain attempt to make you feel that your phone is special, when it's a laggy POS

Hhahahahahahaha note outperform IPhone 5, I would say an iPhone 4 outperforms even the note 2 due to NO LAG and graphical power. Would have an iPhone 4 over any android device ever made.
    You obviously haven't used a android phone in a while with stupid comments like that.
    Last edited by rockyseay; 02-16-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoUniversity View Post
    That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. Apparently you never heard of jelly bean?
    Used it... Lags like hell... Used on an N10 and N4 and both were laggy and jolty;/ The N10 was worse and that has an A15 processor too with supposedly top of the line graphics implementation. This means either one of two things, either software is shite and hardware is capable or vice versa... I'm actually yet to see an android device that doesn't lag so I would most probably blame software... Android is crap and not worth the money paid. The only device that has value for money and is android is the N4 @230 pounds if you pay 500 pounds for an android device you were robbed!!

You obviously haven't used a android phone in a while with stupid comments like that.
    Because you know my background don't you silly boy?

I was using android right from Froyo to ICS and I'm so glad to be back using an iPhone. It's a different world to the cheap **** that is Android. 550 for a note 2, ooooo noooo
    Last edited by CCNPJediHacker; 02-16-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Thanks

Used it... Lags like hell... Used on an N10 and N4 and both were laggy and jolty;/ The N10 was worse and that has an A15 processor too with supposedly top of the line graphics implementation. This means either one of two things, either software is shite and hardware is capable or vice versa... I'm actually yet to see an android device that doesn't lag so I would most probably blame software... Android is crap and not worth the money paid. The only device that has value for money and is android is the N4 @230 pounds if you pay 500 pounds for an android device you were robbed!!

Because you know my background don't you silly boy?

I was using android right from Froyo to ICS and I'm so glad to be back using an iPhone. It's a different world to the cheap **** that is Android. 550 for a note 2, ooooo noooo
    Your experience is completely different from everyone else then. Definitely with mine.

Thanks

I worked on themes for cm5 and 6. Actually think android is better than iOS4 but not a touch on iOS5 or 6 with iCloud and iTunes in the cloud integration. And a Jailbroken iPhone totally owns any android phone, fact

Your experience is completely different from everyone else then. Definitely with mine.
    So you know everyone else's experience do you? Have you done surveys? Results? I know that the general consensus is android is ****. And you lurking on an Apple forum just proves that point, something to try and defend maybe?
    Last edited by CCNPJediHacker; 02-16-2013 at 09:37 AM.

Thanks

I worked on themes for cm5 and 6. Actually think android is better than iOS4 but not a touch on iOS5 or 6 with iCloud and iTunes in the cloud integration. And a Jailbroken iPhone totally owns any android phone, fact
    Fact nothing. Oh how I hate you fanboys. Stop being unbiased. I use Both iOS and android and I praise them both because they are Botha good os's but the stuff I hear some of you say on this site is complete $&@$

Thanks

It's actually quite disturbing how many pathetic android users lurk on this forum, this is a forum for users of Jailbroken apple phones, not users of overpriced cheap android devices...

I'm definitely not a fanboy, just someone correcting you android muppets who think you have a point to prove with your phones. I have used both operating systems for an extended period of time and without a doubt in my unbiased opinion iOS trumps Android in most departments. If you want my honest truth I actually think Android works better as a phone OS. I like the pull down notification bar... I just feel it has too many issues with lag and fragmentation to ever be as good as iOS. Seeing android fanboys on this board replying to every news item makes me think that they have nothing better to do but try and promote android as a superior OS. No one in this forum stands up for the iPhone so I really think it's time somebody did...
    Last edited by CCNPJediHacker; 02-16-2013 at 09:48 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow you guys are still going on and on about this?