+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 6 Driving Commanding Share of North American iOS Traffic

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
It hasn't taken long for iOS 6 to command the overwhelming majority of all iOS traffic in North America. Data released Wednesday from Chitika Insights shows that following the first
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default iOS 6 Driving Commanding Share of North American iOS Traffic

It hasn't taken long for iOS 6 to command the overwhelming majority of all iOS traffic in North America.

Data released Wednesday from Chitika Insights shows that following the first 24 hours of its availability, iOS 6.1.1 was already accounting for 1.4% of all North American iOS impressions.

"While the new operating system's limited scope of release narrows its impact on overall iOS distribution, all iOS 6 users (which include iOS 6.0, 6.1, and 6.1.1) now command 83.1% of all iOS Web traffic continentally," Chitika reported.

Corresponding with the study, Chitika released the above graphic depicting iOS version adoption across North America as of February 13th, 2013.

Traditionally, iDevice owners have always moved quickly to grab available updates, especially when the upgrade opportunities are major. Last September, for example, when iOS 6 was released, it took less than one full day for iOS 6 to land on 15 percent of all compatible devices. By October, iOS 6 adoption was at 60%.

Source: Chitika

Thanks

It was only that high because it was released on iphone5. Tell me what it was before and after evasi0n, "don't worry, i'll wait." In my katt Williams voice. If the iphone5 had 5.1.1 on it people would have stayed with it until the jailbreak. I love the phone but the tweaks and customization through themes makes it the best thing since the iphone.