Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Powerful 4.8-inch iPhone 6 Coming in June... 2014

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Powerful 4.8-inch iPhone 6 Coming in June... 2014

Jefferies analyst Peter Misek is having a busy morning. After the prominent analyst revealed Wednesday that Apple is reportedly planning a media event for next month to update Apple TV or lay the groundwork for iTV, Misek is now generating buzz around his latest iPhone predictions as well.

Based on what sources suggest to Misek, Apple's plans for an iPhone 6 delivering a 4.8-inch display may be shelved for 2013, leaving consumers with whatever the iPhone 5S will deliver and nothing more until June 2014.

Complicating the prospect of an early release is that the iPhone 6 is being built to run on a 20 nm processor, allowing it to add more cores (four or eight). To accommodate and capitalize on the new processing speed, iOS will have to be upgraded to such a degree that the operating system architecture "might not be ready" until the middle of next year.

"We believe a summer CY14 launch was originally planned," Misek explains, "but Apple tried to accelerate it to stem its market share losses. The earliest Apple could have launched a 4.8” phone would have been this fall (with a target of Oct); however, our checks indicate that Apple’s suppliers are running into difficulties trying to scale the screen size from 4” to 4.8”..."

Source: BI

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

bai (02-13-2013)

Hope they actually make a big change to the phone just hopping they don't make the screen bigger... 4" Is perfect

If they do make a phone that big. I can't imagine what apple can do with the hardware with all that room inside the phone

4" is perfect. I would hate to go to the bigger and fat screen phone. I hate holding Nexus 4 and Samsung Galaxy S phones because they are too fat to hold and use it with the same hand.

I hope they finally make a bigger phone. Not another taller one. That's just retarded. I'm waiting for the 6. Totally going to be worth it.

Bigger = Better!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaKi619 View Post
    4" is perfect. I would hate to go to the bigger and fat screen phone. I hate holding Nexus 4 and Samsung Galaxy S phones because they are too fat to hold and use it with the same hand.
    Who uses their Smartphone with only one hand?!? Maybe those people who still want to text while driving..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

If the report is from an analyst, it's wrong and have more value as ash than whatever ink was organized on the paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Mc-Lovin_341 View Post
    Hope they actually make a big change to the phone just hopping they don't make the screen bigger... 4" Is perfect
    For you, maybe. You're not the only person in the world though. I had to use a Droid Maxx HD for a month when my iPhone 5 was stolen. While I still hated Android, the screen size and battery life were phenomenal. I'd buy a 4.5" to 4.8" model on launch day. The thing just has to get wider. I think they should keep the other smaller sizes for people who prefer them, however.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    I hope they finally make a bigger phone. Not another taller one. That's just retarded. I'm waiting for the 6. Totally going to be worth it.
    While I appreciate the taller screen, I'm with you. I was incredibly disappointed when the iPhone 5 wasn't a little wider as well as taller. The taller only screen doesn't really help things like viewing emails. I'll probably be skipping the 5s and waiting for the 6 as well.
    Last edited by claustin; 02-13-2013 at 02:03 PM.

If you want a bigger screen, get an iPad mini with 3G. Save yourself a contract and use Skype for your main phone and buy a texting plan from Skype. Use iMessage for people who own iPhones. Also, Facebook message app is a great texting app for the price that Facebook charges.

Keep phones MOBILE! Games and videos should be watched on tablet sized screens or bigger.

I do like the 4" screen on iPhone 5. Much bigger I would just consider the option I stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
    For you, maybe. You're not the only person in the world though. I had to use a Droid Maxx HD for a month when my iPhone 5 was stolen. While I still hated Android, the screen size and battery life were phenomenal. I'd buy a 4.5" to 4.8" model on launch day. The thing just has to get wider. I think they should keep the other smaller sizes for people who prefer them, however.

While I appreciate the taller screen, I'm with you. I was incredibly disappointed when the iPhone 5 wasn't a little wider as well as taller. The taller only screen doesn't really help things like viewing emails. I'll probably be skipping the 5s and waiting for the 6 as well.
    By making taller and not wider, apple now uses close to a 16:9 ratio which mostly all other phones are using now. Making it wider would just stretch everything out.
    Last edited by Scotty Manley Silberhorn; 02-13-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Who uses their Smartphone with only one hand?!? Maybe those people who still want to text while driving..
    I would say a lot of people including myself. Unless I plan on typing a Lot I'm issuing using one hand

13. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (02-13-2013)

I'm thinking iPad Mini with Phone capabilities...

A mobile phone (also known as a cellular phone, cell phone and a hand phone) is a device that can make and receive telephone calls over a radio link while moving around a wide geographic area

A phone is for calling and texting people if you want read your things on a 12" screen go get a tablet and carry one of them around and dont say there 2 big because all you guys want is big things so get a 3G tablet or stop complaining about a screen that is only realy for communication.

Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post

How does it not help with viewing emails? Not saying wider wouldn't benefit even more but I personally like the taller screen.

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    I would say a lot of people including myself. Unless I plan on typing a Lot I'm issuing using one hand
    Im ten times as fast typing with my index finger of my free hand than anybody using their thumb of their phone hand to type. Never understood why people used the phone hand thumb method - except to text and drive which is stupid.

Now TWO thumb method is faster. But...
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-13-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

As I sit here reading this article I seem to be holding my IP4 In one hand and scrolling with my magic thumb that can reach to every nm of my screen. Try to do that with a 5 inch screen

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jman2499 For This Useful Post:

Ballistic21 (02-13-2013), zplit (02-13-2013)

Oh goodie. Can't wait to plan my next year or 2 around what cell phone is coming out!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattme11 View Post
    A phone is for calling and texting people if you want read your things on a 12" screen go get a tablet and carry one of them around and dont say there 2 big because all you guys want is big things so get a 3G tablet or stop complaining about a screen that is only realy for communication.
    Really? Really?!! A smart phone is only for calling and texting? LOL! You are out of touch my friend.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Jman2499 View Post
    As I sit here reading this article I seem to be holding my IP4 In one hand and scrolling with my magic thumb that can reach to every nm of my screen. Try to do that with a 5 inch screen
    Exactly!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast