+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Powerful 4.8-inch iPhone 6 Coming in June... 2014

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I type one handed. Doin it right now. At home. Not in my car. Its a pretty silly mental image i have of your coworkers n you standing around holding
    iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

I type one handed. Doin it right now. At home. Not in my car. Its a pretty silly mental image i have of your coworkers n you standing around holding an iphone 4s (wat i have) with TWO hands typing. 👏👏😂😂😆😆🙈

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shigh For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (02-13-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I totally agree with you! Thanks for defending for bigger iphone
    Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
    For you, maybe. You're not the only person in the world though. I had to use a Droid Maxx HD for a month when my iPhone 5 was stolen. While I still hated Android, the screen size and battery life were phenomenal. I'd buy a 4.5" to 4.8" model on launch day. The thing just has to get wider. I think they should keep the other smaller sizes for people who prefer them, however.

While I appreciate the taller screen, I'm with you. I was incredibly disappointed when the iPhone 5 wasn't a little wider as well as taller. The taller only screen doesn't really help things like viewing emails. I'll probably be skipping the 5s and waiting for the 6 as well.
    I totally agree with you! Thanks for defending for bigger iphone.. bigger screen means bigger the battery...iphone5 battey life really SUCKS!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

We change with the times. It would be smart for apple to keep up. It was bound to happen, to cater to the large screen population. Im one for the larger screen as long as they can keep the crisp clarity and bright color.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

You can type with two hands, that's understandable. However for just average use in portrait mode, like browsing Safari, one hand is pretty normal.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Come on people....For everyone saying the 4" iPhone 5 screen is perfect and it is exactly what they want, and don't want a bigger iPhone screen....I call bullpoop.

I am a huge fan of Apple and of my iPhone 5. I do not NEED a bigger screen, and currently...I don't really want one that much.

But...that will change the second Apple unveils the iPhone 6 (or whatever it is called). It will be beautiful, it will be by far the best 4.8" screen and phone anyone has ever seen, and it will be ridiculously sexy and sleek because again...its Apple. I will need to have it, as i need to have the best. I would not be able to buy the 4" iphone 6 model (if they made two models) as it would not be the best, it would not be the flagship Apple product.

Are you REALLY trying to say if given the choice...you would buy the iPhone 6 w/ 4" Retina display over the iPhone 6 w/ 4.8" Retina display....Just because it is more comfy to text with it? Come on.

I guarantee 99% of you will feel exactly the same way I do when you see the brand new, top of the line, must have iPhone 6 with a bigger screen. Just think about it...no way you turn it down.
    Last edited by iLoveWindows&iPhone; 02-13-2013 at 10:25 PM.
    El Zurdo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lets vote on that ?? Which iPhone screen size, do you prefer for the future iPhones? - MicroPoll - Free Web Polls

I can bet majority of people will prefer 4 inch iPhone 5 over bigger screen iPhones

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Due to the fact that i have not used phones like Samsung galaxy makes it impossible for me to consider using such big phones for talking. A bigger iPhone doesn't ring me bell as a suitable phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default speak for yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by chulan View Post
    Lets vote on that ?? Which iPhone screen size, do you prefer for the future iPhones? - MicroPoll - Free Web Polls

I can bet majority of people will prefer 4 inch iPhone 5 over bigger screen iPhones
    Dude, speak for yourself. Every one was happy even with smaller screen before iphone5. Now anybody will go back to iphone 4s ? Big NO. Iphone5 height is ok but the width is too small. keeping 16:9 aspect ratio for a phone is bullcrap
    If Apple releases iphone5s with 4'' and 4.8'' everyone will go for 4.8''.

Thanks

Fail, dont want a bigger phone than my iPhone 5! Keep mobiles mobile damnit!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Over WHAT "bigger screen iPhones"? As far as i know.... none exist....

The whole point of my post was highlighting the fact that a lot of people claim to be happy with their iPhones screen size now, but once they get a taste of a bigger screened iPhone, they will not be able to say no, and will jump to the bigger screen as soon as possible.

A RUMOR of a bigger screen size does not count...I'm talking about ACTUAL pictures and hype of the New iPhone with a all new 4.8" screen...

So your little poll has no use here...Unless of course you have a iPhone 6 w/ 4.8" screen for us to play around with. Or actually...do your poll now, as well as a day after the iPhone 6 is officially announced....You will just help me prove my point!
    El Zurdo

Thanks

Fail, dont want a bigger phone than my iPhone 5! Keep mobiles mobile damnit !

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Look there all iPhones none the less. 3.5", 4", 4.8" doesn't matter. They should make one to compare with the galaxy s3 or s4 and everyone can shut up about it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If bigger is better, try holding your iPad to your face and make a call. These people with the bigger smart phones look like they bought them 15 years ago. Why not go back to having the old back pack phone. Going the wrong way folks.......I love the size of my iPhone 5, if I want to use something bigger I use my iPad mini.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Just keep it the same size as the iPhone 5. The main thing I'm looking forward to is the software/hardware mix from Jony Ive. I'm sure that'll be pretty sweet!

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Well it's only a .8"
    So add less than a inch to the corner of your iPhone 5. Is it that big of a deal? I know some people have big hands and bigger phones are great for them like Lebron James lol but I just don't know why bigger is better. It's like some person said. Lets keep mobile.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greatbiguns View Post
    Bigger = Better!!
    No.. Bigger = harder to fit in pockets

Green Apple
    Thanks

So that didn't work out for ya so well...

Quote Originally Posted by SupaMonkey View Post
    Fail, dont want a bigger phone than my iPhone 5! Keep mobiles mobile damnit!
    4.8" is still mobile. It wouldn't be for everybody, but it would be great for a LOT of people.

Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
    If bigger is better, try holding your iPad to your face and make a call. These people with the bigger smart phones look like they bought them 15 years ago. Why not go back to having the old back pack phone. Going the wrong way folks.......I love the size of my iPhone 5, if I want to use something bigger I use my iPad mini.
    This is a useless answer. Nobody's suggesting iPad or iPad mini sizes or anything close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by wiipro View Post
    No.. Bigger = harder to fit in pockets
    Sure, eventually. 4.5"-4.8" fits just fine though.
    Last edited by claustin; 02-16-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Thanks

Who cares if they make a 2ft screen if you have to charge it every 4 hrs. The 5 so far is the most powerfull biggest 1 yet and most mem. So far is the worst batt management and os since 3.1 If Apple can't do any better than this. So far the 4s on os 5.0 was the best I've had since the ip 3

Thanks
    Thanked 8,496 Times in 4,304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by towboattrash34 View Post
    Who cares if they make a 2ft screen if you have to charge it every 4 hrs. The 5 so far is the most powerfull biggest 1 yet and most mem. So far is the worst batt management and os since 3.1 If Apple can't do any better than this. So far the 4s on os 5.0 was the best I've had since the ip 3
    Uggh. I couldn't disagree more. The 4S was the most horrible battery ever. And that was widely accepted by even Apple. 5.0 was better on a 4S... Agreed.. But 4S was just one problem after the other battery-wise. The battery of the 5 on 6.1 is better for me but you need to know how to only keep on features you need. MANY of us never use Bluetooth. Turn it off. It's a terrible battery hog. Turn off allSystem Location Services except Compass and Traffic. You'll never need the others and they're battery hogs. You don't need anywhere near the amount of Notifications turned on as come stock on. Keep your brightness no higher than 50%. If you need more than that you need a visit to your eye doctor. ..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Uggh. I couldn't disagree more. The 4S was the most horrible battery ever. And that was widely accepted by even Apple. 5.0 was better on a 4S... Agreed.. But 4S was just one problem after the other battery-wise. The battery of the 5 on 6.1 is better for me but you need to know how to only keep on features you need. MANY of us never use Bluetooth. Turn it off. It's a terrible battery hog. Turn off allSystem Location Services except Compass and Traffic. You'll never need the others and they're battery hogs. You don't need anywhere near the amount of Notifications turned on as come stock on. Keep your brightness no higher than 50%. If you need more than that you need a visit to your eye doctor. ..
    Unfortunately i disagree with you. Im still on a 4s bought the day of launch and my battery has but phenomenal. At work at six am. Moderate to heavy use and left with %20 by seven pm.