+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Powerful 4.8-inch iPhone 6 Coming in June... 2014

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by NewdestinyX Who uses their Smartphone with only one hand?!? Maybe those people who still want to text while driving.. I used one hand to view and reply
    iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Who uses their Smartphone with only one hand?!? Maybe those people who still want to text while driving..
    I used one hand to view and reply to this. Sitting on the couch. While my other hand scratched my head

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BhadKarma For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (02-13-2013)

Thanks

smartphone bigger than 4.5" is a brick....

Thanks
    Thanked 3,096 Times in 930 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    I would say a lot of people including myself. Unless I plan on typing a Lot I'm issuing using one hand
    +1

iPhone? More like MyPhone ThatOneProfile's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mc-Lovin_341 View Post
    Hope they actually make a big change to the phone just hopping they don't make the screen bigger... 4" Is perfect
    I totally agree. I used to have the GS3. Too fat. iPhone is perfect.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sknet View Post
    smartphone bigger than 4.5" is a brick....
    Ha

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope it stays at 4". Anything bigger and we start getting fragmentation and begin to encroach on the iPad mini's territory. I don't want a tablet, I want a phone darn it!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yes and the ipad mini will be obsoleted. This is the most retarded article..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Not taller just a little bit wider would be nice not a lot wider just a bit

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,911 Times in 6,519 Posts

I too am very happy with the current size of the I phone. It allows me to do everything that I want with one hand to leave the other hand free for driving.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

when the 4" screen was announced or even rumored for the iPhone 5, people complained because they thought 3.5" was perfect and going to 4" would be too much. same thing is happening again for an even bigger screen. going from 4" to 4.5 would be a good size IMO. Sure the device fits nicely in one hand now, and might not do so as it increases in size, but nothing stays the same forever. If Apple is going to continue to evolve, their devices must do so as well.

Thanks

Big sucks. I still like the 3.5'' best.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i dont like bigger screen on phones, thats why ipad minis, ipads, laptops and tvs are for, right? if apple is getting the iphones screen bigger with every new release they should atleast keep doing the smallers 3.5 inches so it would be able to every public who likes different things

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

What happened to making phones smaller and more compact.. Not back to the massive phones like in the 80's or whatever

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Colin9001 For This Useful Post:

Jokadaking (02-13-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Great news kinda! I don't want to wait for this to come out next year damn it. I've been waiting for so long for a bigger iPhone.

To all of those people w/ tiny carpenter hands, this phone is not for you. Quit moaning. I have big hands and big fingers(I'm not fat) and I get so frustrated when I'm typing on my 4S. This is perfect!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Who uses their Smartphone with only one hand?!? Maybe those people who still want to text while driving..
    Normal people...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Raybeast For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,149 Times in 4,594 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Colin9001 View Post
    What happened to making phones smaller and more compact.. Not back to the massive phones like in the 80's or whatever
    Well Obviously a Smart phone is something different than the phone of the 80s. Certainly you understand that. Right? We do way more with our phones now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybeast View Post
    Normal people...
    Wow. Really? There are 5 of us at my 1 office with iPhone. And not ONE types with their thumb of the phone hand. If "normal" people did / you'd think is see a sampling of that behavior. I think people aren't being honest - and what they really want it to stay small for is texting while driving which is against the law.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-13-2013 at 04:38 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    If you want a bigger screen, get an iPad mini with 3G. Save yourself a contract and use Skype for your main phone and buy a texting plan from Skype. Use iMessage for people who own iPhones. Also, Facebook message app is a great texting app for the price that Facebook charges.

Keep phones MOBILE! Games and videos should be watched on tablet sized screens or bigger.

I do like the 4" screen on iPhone 5. Much bigger I would just consider the option I stated above.

By making taller and not wider, apple now uses close to a 16:9 ratio which mostly all other phones are using now. Making it wider would just stretch everything out.
    Using the iPad mini as an everyday phone is a ridiculous concept which would only be attractive to a very small niche market. IMO 5" is the absolute max you could get away with in an every day phone. And the jump from 5" to the 7" of the mini is huge. The Galaxy Note is terrible too. Maybe if I was a woman with a purse, or metro enough to carry a man bag.

The 16:9 aspect ratio argument is invalid. Who gives a **** about exact 16:9 ratio? Not EVERYTHING is in 16:9 anyway. And what do you mean it would just "stretch everything out?" Ever hear of letterboxing? Nothing wrong with that. Lots of HD movies do it, because they aren't filmed in 16:9.

As far as mobility goes, the GSIII is just as mobile as the iPhone 5. It'll still fit easily in your pocket, unless you're wearing skinny jeans, and if that's the case, nothing's fitting in your pockets. The point is it doesn't have to be one size fits all. Apple should keep their current form factors and add a wider one for those who have that as part of their buying criteria.

One size fits all was a way to break into the market against the current competition, but it's not the way to sustain that market or grow. Apple's known this forever in the PC market, and with mobile computing devices replacing the personal computer more and more, it's only a matter of time before Apple brings it to mobile. Hell, they've already started.
    Last edited by claustin; 02-13-2013 at 10:30 PM.

Thanks

If the screen is 4.8", I want to know how wide it will be. Otherwise it will look like a flat hot dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Xiavia View Post
    Great news kinda! I don't want to wait for this to come out next year damn it. I've been waiting for so long for a bigger iPhone.

To all of those people w/ tiny carpenter hands, this phone is not for you. Quit moaning. I have big hands and big fingers(I'm not fat) and I get so frustrated when I'm typing on my 4S. This is perfect!
    I have big hands too. Have you tried typing in landscape. Otherwise upgrade to the iphone5. I did and I love it. #evasi0n
    Last edited by Jokadaking; 02-13-2013 at 05:42 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

oops.. i traded in my iphone for a android.. had the iphone since 2008... Pretty sad apple. Not to happy with other products also.. not about to spend $3500 on a laptop i cannot add or change anything to. Good luck tho. Had me for all those years.. Well hello Android.

Banned
    Thanks

And everyone here thinks Samsung copy Apple. I see more Samsung products come out then Apple copy them.
    Isn't the Galaxy S3 4.8 inch? That means Apple is copying Samsung.
    Don't Samsung have 7 inch tablets? That means Apple copied them with the iPad mini.
    Didn't Samsung make mobile phones years before Apple made their first iPhone?

I do believe Apple are the ones copying Samsung. But thats not what Apple want all its fans to believe but its the truth.