+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Get Your Countdown On With 'CountdownCenter,' A Notification Center Widget

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Do you have a really special event coming up? Maybe you’re tired of looking at the calendar and calculating the time left until that event in your head. If this
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,863
    Thanks
    199
    Thanked 991 Times in 731 Posts

    Default Get Your Countdown On With 'CountdownCenter', a Notification Center Widget


    Do you have a really special event coming up? Maybe you’re tired of looking at the calendar and calculating the time left until that event in your head. If this is you, then check out a new free Notification Center widget available in Cydia now called CountdownCenter by iOS developer isklikas.

    CountdownCenter is a Notification Center widget, so it can be effortlessly enabled or disabled at any time on demand by simply moving it in and out of Notification Center via the Notifications preferences pane in the Settings application. So after your special event passes, you’ll be able to put the widget away until the next time you have to look forward to a special event. It's great for Birthdays or other holidays.

    To configure the CountdownCenter widget for a special event, just head over to the CountdownCenter preferences pane in the Settings application:



    You’ll be asked to enter the day, month, year, and time in hours and minutes until the event that you want to count down to. If you don’t enter a time, the tweak will assume 00:00 by default.

    After you’ve configured the widget, you can open Notification Center and you’ll see the widget start counting away in real time towards the event that you set.

    The actual appearance of the widget seems kind of bland, but at least it gets the job done. Check it out!

    Name: CountdownCenter
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: isklikas
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-12-2013 at 10:47 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

    isklikas (02-13-2013)

  3. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone emmanravalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    196
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts

    This is great but hope there is a title to add in the countdown

  4. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Thank you for your review Anthony. I am aware that the appearance is kinda bland as you say and I plan to release version 1.2 along with a digital clock appearance (version 1.1 will have bug fixes, a visual improvement when the countdown is over and a new feature). Version 1.4 might even have a flip clock animation. Thank you once again.

    The developer

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to isklikas For This Useful Post:

    Mrteacup (02-13-2013)

  6. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me ProfessorJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    659
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 243 Times in 157 Posts

    Yes I do getting layed

  7. #5
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Emmanravalo, what do you mean? A title writing, Counting down to [the date you setted] on top of the countdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorJack View Post
    Yes I do getting layed
    What do you mean?
    Last edited by isklikas; 02-13-2013 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Just to make everything clear

  8. #6
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hmmm... installed on my ip5 iOS 6.1, and nothing is there. Maybe because of the other WeeApps I have installed?

    -sbsettings
    -batteryinfo for nc
    -torchnc
    -weekillbackgroundpro

    Tried uploading a screenshot... Says "system message: you may not have permission to do this"

    Tried a respring, and had to soft-reboot (thankfully) out of boot-loop, and still nothing. Also tried uninstalling and re-installing. Was really looking forward to counting down the days until my wedding. Thanks for the free tweak isklikas.

  9. #7
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by JBizza84 View Post
    Hmmm... installed on my ip5 iOS 6.1, and nothing is there. Maybe because of the other WeeApps I have installed?

    -sbsettings
    -batteryinfo for nc
    -torchnc
    -weekillbackgroundpro

    Tried uploading a screenshot... Says "system message: you may not have permission to do this"

    Tried a respring, and had to soft-reboot (thankfully) out of boot-loop, and still nothing. Also tried uninstalling and re-installing. Was really looking forward to counting down the days until my wedding. Thanks for the free tweak isklikas.
    Hmm, most probably it is conflicting with another tweak as you are the only iPhone 5 user reporting this error. Try uninstalling other tweaks because I don't use the resources of any of the other tweaks. Or try to temporarily disable your other widgets and leave only CountdownCenter on. If this doesn't fix it is surely a conflict. Where did you get this system message. If you help me I might be able to help you!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to isklikas For This Useful Post:

    JBizza84 (02-13-2013)

  11. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,088
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 35 Times in 29 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by isklikas View Post
    Thank you for your review Anthony. I am aware that the appearance is kinda bland as you say and I plan to release version 1.2 along with a digital clock appearance (version 1.1 will have bug fixes, a visual improvement when the countdown is over and a new feature). Version 1.4 might even have a flip clock animation. Thank you once again.

    The developer
    It's a really fun idea! Great job. The best thing you could do is do what you are doing right now! Staying involved with the community, too many devs start to forget about their customers and don't listen, sure out ideas might not be perfect but half the time they are something that will probably spark something in their minds. Anyway great job!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrteacup For This Useful Post:

    isklikas (02-13-2013)

  13. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Is it me or did anyone else get it to work? I submit the Day and Month and everything but there is no done or submit or respring button or anything so it doesnt do anything after its filled out.

  14. #10
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by toymachine2009 View Post
    Is it me or did anyone else get it to work? I submit the Day and Month and everything but there is no done or submit or respring button or anything so it doesnt do anything after its filled out.
    There is no done or respring button because it is not needed. Just go back to the main view of the Settings app (where is the airplane mode toggle) and the value will be accepted from the tweak.

  15. #11
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts

    "appearance of the widget seems kind of bland"
    Not just that but why so thick? Couldn't it be thinner, just a little over the width of the text?
    I know being a bit nit picky here but hey, notification real-state is a premium. Sayin...

  16. #12
    Green Apple Justahbu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dayton, Nv
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    You should make it so you can select a event in your calendar and it counts down to that, and also show what it is counting down too :thumbsup:

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justahbu For This Useful Post:

    isklikas (02-13-2013), JBizza84 (02-13-2013)

  18. #13
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post
    "appearance of the widget seems kind of bland"
    Not just that but why so thick? Couldn't it be thinner, just a little over the width of the text?
    I know being a bit nit picky here but hey, notification real-state is a premium. Sayin...
    Look the width is big so that I can develop the digital clock appearance that will come with version 1.2. In version 1.2 or maybe 1.1 the width will be smaller don't worry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justahbu View Post
    You should make it so you can select a event in your calendar and it counts down to that, and also show what it is counting down too :thumbsup:
    Thank you for the new ideas. I've never thought of the Calendar up until now! (The title is an upcoming feature that I already develop)
    Last edited by isklikas; 02-13-2013 at 12:29 PM.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to isklikas For This Useful Post:

    JBizza84 (02-13-2013)

  20. #14
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by isklikas View Post
    Hmm, most probably it is conflicting with another tweak as you are the only iPhone 5 user reporting this error. Try uninstalling other tweaks because I don't use the resources of any of the other tweaks. Or try to temporarily disable your other widgets and leave only CountdownCenter on. If this doesn't fix it is surely a conflict. Where did you get this system message. If you help me I might be able to help you!
    Got it working, thank you! Moved it out of notification center, gave it a respring, moved it back into nc and viola! It's working nicely with the other tweaks I listed, so no worries there.
    Thanks again for the tweak, looking forward to the updates, hopefully with some of the good ideas brought up here

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to JBizza84 For This Useful Post:

    isklikas (02-13-2013)

  22. #15
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by JBizza84 View Post
    Got it working, thank you! Moved it out of notification center, gave it a respring, moved it back into nc and viola! It's working nicely with the other tweaks I listed, so no worries there.
    Thanks again for the tweak, looking forward to the updates, hopefully with some of the good ideas brought up here
    Great, thank you for your appreciation of the tweak and for writing the procedure that you followed to make it working. And the tweak will become even better with the updates, I guarantee that!

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to isklikas For This Useful Post:

    JBizza84 (02-13-2013)

  24. #16
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hi! I'm using an iphone 4, jailbroken with evasi0n with iOS 6.1, but I can't find the CountdownCentre in my notification preference tab at all? What could I be doing wrong?

  25. #17
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sabrinawxyz View Post
    Hi! I'm using an iphone 4, jailbroken with evasi0n with iOS 6.1, but I can't find the CountdownCentre in my notification preference tab at all? What could I be doing wrong?
    Manually respringing should fix the problem, as one of the users reported in another site. If it doesn't, uninstall and reinstall and then manually respring.
    Last edited by isklikas; 02-18-2013 at 08:21 AM.

  26. #18
    Green Apple Justahbu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dayton, Nv
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Hows it coming isklikas any updates on new features?

  27. #19
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Justahbu View Post
    Hows it coming isklikas any updates on new features?
    Hello, if you see the version that I develop now, it has "countdown to my alarm", a customizable title, the ability to remove the title and an arrangable date, so that it can show the dates with the US date format in the title. All of those are made, but I am making them more stable as the current version is really buggy. I expect this version to be ready in 1 to 2 weeks but I can't guarantee this. I also have some bug fixes on the way. And I might include a copy paste function in the next update, but most probably this will be included in 2 versions from now. By the way, 1.1 is out with "Counting down to: " and "Time passed from: " when the countdown is over, as you suggested! Thanks! (Please manually respring after installing 1.1, the cydia respring doesn't work in this version! )
    Last edited by isklikas; 03-05-2013 at 01:07 PM.

  28. #20
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hello, thanks for this nice tweak but i don't know where i can put a date into countdowncenter.

    I can switch on and off the appearance in the notification center but i can't find the settings screen for the date. In the settings menu i can't find countdowncenter.

    I'm using iphone 5 with 6.12
    Last edited by Heiwi; 03-06-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts