+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Music Controls Pro 6.0+' Now In Beta, Coming to Cydia Soon

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Music Controls Pro 6.0+' Now In Beta, Coming to Cydia Soon

iOS developer phoenix3200 is testing a beta version of Music Controls Pro 6.0+ with support for iOS 6.0 and higher. Music Controls Pro is a popular way to get access to your music controls no matter where you are. For example, it adds some useful music information and controls to your App Switcher and Notification Center:

The information includes song name, album name, artist name, album artwork, and the controls include play, pause, next, previous, AirPlay, volume, and screen brightness. As you can see, Music Controls Pro also plays nicely with the popular Auxo App Switcher tweak.

In addition, while music is playing, you can have the name of the song appear in the Status Bar and strobe between the name of the song and the current time.

Another great feature of Music Controls Pro 6.0+ is to be able to double-tap to play or pause music. You can also take advantage of swipe gestures to switch music tracks and adjust the volume of the device (even while the display is turned off!). When you take advantage of gestures, you'll see a heads-up-display, such as the play and pause shown above, to indicate that you've used a gesture. The gestures can be used on the lock screen, from Notification Center, and even from within the App Switcher.

Since being able to use these gestures while the display is off can use a lot of your battery life, Music Controls Pro 6.0+ comes with a timeout feature that will end the process after a designated amount of time.

Youíll be able to take advantage of the following options for the lock screen:

• Enable and disable swipe gestures
    • Enable and disable double-tap gestures
    • Enable and disable the HUD
    • Enable and disable the reverse swipe
    • Enable and disable swiping while the display is off
    • Configure your timeout options
    • Hide or show album artwork

From Notification Center portion the options, you'll be able to:

• Enable and disable compressed mode
    • Enable and disable autohide

From the App Switcher portion of the options, you'll be able to:

• Choose the size of the music controls
    • Enable and disable swipe gestures

From the Status Bar portion of the options, you'll be able to:

• Have the indicator show play and pause, or just play, or just pause, or nothing
    • Have the Status Bar show the song title and song artist, or just the song title, or just the song artist, or neither
    • Enable or disable showing the time

Being that Music Controls Pro 6.0+ is still in beta, itís missing a few features. Some of the features that will be added in the future include support for many third-party music applications, support for Bluetooth devices, the ability to background video media, the ability to remote control music from another device, integration with stereo docks, and other miscellaneous features.

As long as Music Controls Pro 6.0+ is in beta, phoenix3200 is lowering the price of Music Controls Pro 6.0+ to just $3.99, instead of the usual $5.99 for new buyers. Those who bought the original Music Controls Pro before January 2012 can upgrade to Music Controls 6.0+ in beta for just $1.99, instead of the usual $2.99 upgrade price. Anyone who bought Music Controls Pro in or after January 2012 can upgrade for free.

The beta pricing is lower than the regular pricing because the developer realizes that the tweak is missing features in the beta and is meeting his buyers half way. After the tweak is no longer in beta, the price will rise to the normal $5.99 again. The tweak will no longer be in beta when all of the future features have been added to the tweak and everything works flawlessly. If you want to try Music Controls Pro 6.0+ before buying, it comes with a 5-day trial.

Music Controls Pro 6.0+ will hit the BigBoss repository soon.

If you're a music junkie, then you will definitely want Music Controls Pro 6.0+. It is a little buggy in its beta stages, however if you buy it at the low price now, you'll still be able to download the non-beta version at no cost when it comes out. So take advantage of the low price while you can!

Name: Music Controls Pro 6.0+
    Price: $3.99 (usually $5.99)
    Version: 1.0.6.1
    Requirements: iOS 6
    Repo: (BigBoss soon)
    Developer: phoenix3200
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-12-2013 at 03:24 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

RAM leak? RAM usage? Lag? Stability?

I love Auxo, but it is horrible at the above things so I had to switch it off.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post

Huh? Auxo has no memory leaks, lag or high usage... so unless your using a pirated build I would like to know specifically what your talking about.

Also, Auxo runs much smoother on the iPhone 5. Maybe you need to update your phone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Huh? Auxo has no memory leaks, lag or high usage... so unless your using a pirated build I would like to know specifically what your talking about.

Also, Auxo runs much smoother on the iPhone 5. Maybe you need to update your phone.
    There are issues, it's a great tweak and all but it still has issues to be worked out, iOS 5 it was smooth for me, but iOS 6, I've had many issues, after closing some apps they remain in the background, memory leaking, and also crashing

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post

+1. If you got an iPhone older than the 5 it's time to upgrade. No problems with Auxo on my iPhone 5.

iPhone? More like MyPhone carlbgc's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha. If you've got the one year old 4S its time to upgrade?

Get a life.

Not a fan of the stretched screen anyway, will see if any of these different size screen rumours come true with the 4S...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
    +1. If you got an iPhone older than the 5 it's time to upgrade. No problems with Auxo on my iPhone 5.
    I'm having memory leak problems too. I will have all apps closed with about 300mb ram available. Once I respring, back to 700mb.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mgmm1's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm all for this app when available. Also, looking forward to a future update when third party music apps will be supported. I tested the trial version when I was on iOS 5.1.1 and worked well. After upgrading to 6.0, it was not compatible so I couldn't purchase it. I will be able to soon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlbgc View Post
    Haha. If you've got the one year old 4S its time to upgrade?

Get a life.

Not a fan of the stretched screen anyway, will see if any of these different size screen rumours come true with the 4S...
    Broke much?

iPhone 5 has 1 GB of RAM. iPhone 4S has only half of that. Colors on the iPhone 5 such as blue are more vibrant than previous iPhones. 1.2 GHZ dual core processor in iPhone 5 compared to 800 MHZ dual core in iPhone 4S.
    Last edited by regkilla; 02-12-2013 at 05:23 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Used to have this tweak and loved it, but there was some issue with it when I plugged my phone into my car stereo so I had to remove it. I'll try it on iOS6

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
    Broke much?

iPhone 5 has 1 GB of RAM. iPhone 4S has only half of that. Colors on the iPhone 5 such as blue are more vibrant than previous iPhones. 1.2 GHZ dual core processor in iPhone 5 compared to 800 MHZ dual core in iPhone 4S.
    Ill update this summer when the 5S comes out and my contract is up, my phone 4S runs perfectly fine without lag. And as I am on wifi 99% of the time
    ( either at home or at school) I don't need LTE. Saying I'm broke cuz I don't have a 5 is the biggest laughable statement ever and which is why alot of android users hate iPhone users, because many iPhone users such as yourself think that their iPhone is a class representation, if you have the newest, your the best. Tip on life buddy, just because you have the 5 does not mean others are poor or rich, and it does not mean you are the best, guess what, the 5S will come out, your 5 will be outdated technically, and unless you plan to buy the 5S as well, then you will be broke wont you?

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought this was a discussion about the tweak, not about who has the newest phone. >.>

Anyway, I really like this tweak, even though its in its beta stages. I listen to a ton of music and I really like all the little features and enhancements the app adds to the music app. ^.^

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Can't wait for this!!
    Better not have to pay again for it

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XTRoRDiNAiRE View Post
    Can't wait for this!!
    Better not have to pay again for it
    Did you buy it after January or before it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Bring it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mgmm1's Avatar
    Thanks

It's in Cydia now. I tested the trial and it crashed three times; once while in the lockscreen and twice on the homescreen. Uninstalled for now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hmmm...Not quite ready for Primetime yet. Tried it on my iphone 5 and it instantly crashed me into safe mode...3x
    Had to uninstall.
    Maybe will try again later when the bugs get worked out

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post

No issues here. I love the tweak. Runs smooth as silk. Zephyr and Auxo are a match made in heaven on my 5.

So is there a beta repo or what?
    Last edited by kickerman65; 02-13-2013 at 12:12 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Ill update this summer when the 5S comes out and my contract is up, my phone 4S runs perfectly fine without lag. And as I am on wifi 99% of the time
    ( either at home or at school) I don't need LTE. Saying I'm broke cuz I don't have a 5 is the biggest laughable statement ever and which is why alot of android users hate iPhone users, because many iPhone users such as yourself think that their iPhone is a class representation, if you have the newest, your the best. Tip on life buddy, just because you have the 5 does not mean others are poor or rich, and it does not mean you are the best, guess what, the 5S will come out, your 5 will be outdated technically, and unless you plan to buy the 5S as well, then you will be broke wont you?
    +1!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
    Did you buy it after January or before it?
    Waay before January but I already downloaded and didn't have to pay again ..thanks Phoenix !

I had to pay more money for intelliscreen x when I payed 12 dollars a few months back I didn't find that fair at all