+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jonas Gessner Updates Many of His Tweaks and Apps, Available and Upcoming

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Jonas Gessner Updates Many of His Tweaks and Apps, Available and Upcoming

iOS developer Jonas Gessner has submitted updates for many of his jailbreak tweaks and applications. Some of the updates are live in Cydia right now, and some of them are still waiting to see the light and should be out soon as they go through the Cydia submission process. Check out what's new in these available and upcoming updates below:

1. ProTube 2 [Version 1.1] (Update Coming Soon)

ProTube 2, a popular extension for Google’s YouTube application that features a built-in ad-blocker, download capabilities, and streaming quality options, had an update submitted to Cydia and is expected to be available soon.

The update will add full iPad support, include background audio playback, and show the current video quality in the select playback quality option. In addition, ProTube 2 has received some UI and animation improvements, has been optimized for iOS 6, and has received some minor fixes and stability improvements.

Open in ProTube has also been updated to version 1.1.1 with support for iOS 6, however this plugin is for the actual ProTube application, and not the ProTube 2 extension for Google's YouTube application.

2. Bridge [Version 1.1.2] (Update Coming Soon)

Bridge, a popular way to import media files to your music library without iTunes, has been updated to version 1.1.1. Version 1.1.2 is also on the way with some additional improvements.

Version 1.1.1 fixed numerous bugs, including:

• Fixed broken AppStore downloads on iOS 6
    • Fixed rare double imports
    • Fixed songs/videos not importing at all
    • Fixed Album import
    • Fixed multiple selection in the file browser
    • Removed File System Image Picker
    • Other small fixes and improvements

The upcoming version 1.1.2 update will fix a crashing problem on older devices, add .m4r files (ringtones) to the supported audio files, improve error handling, and include several other minor bug fixes and improvements.

3. WeeSearch Pro [Version 1.3.1] (Available Now!)

WeeSearch Pro for Notification Center, which adds a search bar to notification center with support for multiple customizable search engines, has been updated to version 1.3.1.

The update optimizes the widget for iOS 6 and the iPhone 5, fixes an issue that could cause crashing, and includes many minor bug fixes and improvements.

Backup for WeeSearch Pro has also been updated to version 1.1, which is available in Cydia right now, with optimization for iOS 6 and the iPhone 5, and an updated database location to avoid crashing.

4. WeeKillBackground Pro [Version 1.3.4] (Available Now!)

WeeKillBackground Pro for Notification Center is a popular way to close out of all applications in the App Switcher with a tap of a button. It is a widget in Notification Center. The update to version 1.3.4 adds some bug fixes and stability improvements.

All updates are free for existing owners.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,054 Times in 4,200 Posts

Been trying to upgrade weekillbackground pro all day and no luck on cydia.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Been trying to upgrade weekillbackground pro all day and no luck on cydia.
    Try the "Remove Background" tweak. A simple double tap on the status bar (that's how I set it anyway) and all apps are closed. It was updated for iOS 6.1 last weekend and is working fine for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Notification center auto-close not working in weekillbackground pro 1.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Try the "Remove Background" tweak. A simple double tap on the status bar (that's how I set it anyway) and all apps are closed. It was updated for iOS 6.1 last weekend and is working fine for me.
    Remove background works great. NC auto-close wouldn't work for me in weekillbackground pro.
    Last edited by Rennoc22222; 02-12-2013 at 12:12 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

thanx for the update on weekillbackground (not pro).
    I was finding that Auxo causes too much RAM leak and instability. I switched it off in SBSettings.
    I'm back to the tride and true combo of: SBSettings, Winterboard, TetherMe, iFile, Unrestrictor, iCleaner, Terminal, BytaFont, Pandora Downloader... and some tweaks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

"Cydia submission process"? Who knew there was such a thing. Jay Freman always says Cydia is just a "browser"

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post
    "Cydia submission process"? Who knew there was such a thing. Jay Freman always says Cydia is just a "browser"
    The repos still have to prepare and make live the packages.

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

good thing Protube 2 got updated even though i just use Mctube Pro now.
    Last edited by regkilla; 02-12-2013 at 02:34 PM.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,054 Times in 4,200 Posts

Got it updated all good

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Yes. Always loved the Remove Background tweak above anything else for that purpose. I set mine to "shake" to clear everything out.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm gonna be honest: i can't understand why the need for tweaks that kill backgrounded apps. Why would you do that? I only kill apps that crash. Perhaps people don't understand that iOS doesn't run backgrounded apps like Android does. Apps are suspended in memory and that's all they do. There are a number of functions that an app can use in the background like continuing to track GPS or completing the download of a file. But if that's happening it's because you want it to. It doesn't improve performance because suspended apps don't leech CPU cycles and it doesn't save battery life because whether the RAM is empty or not it's still using up electricity. That's how dynamic RAM works. So why? I overheard a "genius" at the Apple Store telling a customer to kill the apps in his switcher to improve performance. Why do they bother hiring fools like that? Most of the apps you see in your switcher represent only recently used apps, not suspended apps. When iOS needs the RAM it closes the App that's suspended and voila: you have all the RAM you need without constantly, and needlessly, killing apps. So... Anyone?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to politicalslug For This Useful Post:

solojames (02-12-2013)

Thanks
    Really liking WeeSearch, thanks for the post!