+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evasi0n 1.3 Released With Support for iOS 6.1.1 On iPhone 4S

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Earlier today, Apple released iOS 6.1.1 for iPhone 4S to the public. The update deals with some issues regarding cellular networks on the iPhone 4S, and promised improved stability, performance,
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Evasi0n 1.3 Released With Support for iOS 6.1.1 On iPhone 4S

Earlier today, Apple released iOS 6.1.1 for iPhone 4S to the public. The update deals with some issues regarding cellular networks on the iPhone 4S, and promised improved stability, performance, and reliability. The update surprised many of us considering that iOS 6.1.1 just went into its first beta with new features for the Maps application last Wednesday. Interestingly, the new Maps features are not included in today's update.

As iOS hacker planetbeing shared that iOS 6.1.1 for the iPhone 4S did not patch the evasi0n vulnerabilities, the updated evasi0n jailbreak tool has been delivered as promised. Evasi0n 1.3 has been released on the evasi0n Web site and is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.

Evasi0n 1.3 can jailbreak untethered iOS 6.0, iOS 6.0.1, iOS 6.0.2, iOS 6.1, and now iOS 6.1.1 on the iPhone 4S. The jailbreak runs as expected on the new firmware without any issues. Now that the tool is available to the public for iOS 6.1.1 for iPhone 4S, feel free to restore your iPhone 4S to iOS 6.1.1 through iTunes to re-jailbreak if you're experiencing any cellular issues.

If you're going to go through with the update, we recommend following these steps.

If you're on a non-iPhone 4S device, there is no need to re-jailbreak with evasi0n 1.3.

Sources: evasi0n via evad3rs

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,104 Times in 5,488 Posts

Nice and quick there. Thanks for the info Anthony. I still have a 4s that I haven't upgraded or jailbroke yet. Still 5.1.1, but I wanna get it updated now.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,054 Times in 4,200 Posts

Gotta love the dev team. My 4S still on 5.1.1 also. Really hate to upgrade it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

IDownloadBlog was way fast at notifying me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    my 4S was on 5.1.1 also, but I upgrade to 6.1 when Evasi0n 1.2 came out and didn't have any issues. When Evasi0n 1.3 came up, I restored to 6.1.1 and didn't have any issues. Personally, I think the 4S runs better and faster with iOS 6, everything appears to run faster, even with a bunch of jailbreak tweaks installed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone BrainSmashR's Avatar
    Thanks

Was this update released today (2/11)? Apple seems to be jammed up and I'm stuck on "Checking for Update".

Go for the crack dudes, I'm running 6.1 on a 4s and LOVE it.
    Last edited by BrainSmashR; 02-11-2013 at 08:52 PM. Reason: testy

iPhone? More like MyPhone AmadeusKaelPyralis's Avatar
    Thanks

Perhaps some of you might help me, since you've started in on the topic of upgrading versus not.
    I have an iPhone 4, 5.0.1. Runs lovely. I stayed there to keep my Jailbreak, hate tethered jailbreaks. Anyway, I'm struggling with updating or not and I know the window is closing for 6.1.
    Some of my apps are falling behind on updates, soon they all will and will not be functional with older versions. An update would correct that. But in 6.1 I lose YouTube and Maps. While there are independent app downloads for these now, that isn't too large of a burden.

I guess what I am struggle with is the old "If it ain't broke don't fix it"... it runs just fine aside from an app that is not the latest version. But I fear not having a working jailbreak when it fails (restore), etc.
    So, what is the pro/con list of upgrading here for the iPhone 4 (not 4S). My wife has a 3GS and we are both wondering about updating, really.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrainSmashR View Post
    Was this update released today (2/11)? Apple seems to be jammed up and I'm stuck on "Checking for Update".

Go for the crack dudes, I'm running 6.1 on a 4s and LOVE it.
    If u r jail broken on 6.1, "Software Update" feature on your iPhone will not work. That is disabled by evasi0n.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to vinaygoel2000 For This Useful Post:

BrainSmashR (02-11-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

My 4S has been buggy after the jailbreak and I have been having a hard time figuring what tweak was the issue. Maybe this will fix it. I removed LOCKINFO, SBSETTINGS, Activator, Auxo, and still it was buggy. Today I removed F.lux and action menu. Still not sure if it is ok. I wish there was a tweak that gave diagnostics.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nityanandachandra View Post
    My 4S has been buggy after the jailbreak and I have been having a hard time figuring what tweak was the issue. Maybe this will fix it. I removed LOCKINFO, SBSETTINGS, Activator, Auxo, and still it was buggy. Today I removed F.lux and action menu. Still not sure if it is ok. I wish there was a tweak that gave diagnostics.
    the only way you can have a "possible" idea of the cause is to emulate the issue by restoring fresh, then reinstall each tweak, run it for a couple days with the normal operation of your phone, and see if the issue rises again, using the "trial and error" method
    Last edited by EVO; 02-11-2013 at 09:45 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nityanandachandra View Post
    What problems were u experiencing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone BrainSmashR's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    If u r jail broken on 6.1, "Software Update" feature on your iPhone will not work. That is disabled by evasi0n.
    a ha....thanx

Edit: So no "need" to update if I'm not experiencing cellular issues??

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 611 Posts

awesome
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Thanks

The 4s on 5.0.1 was the best. This 5 on 6.1 sux in 1.5hrs it goes from 100% to 75%. If it don't get better its not worth it.

EVO
    Thanks

just submitted a fresh set of 6.1.1 blobs to Cydia

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

I have my 4S on 6.1, don't really need o upgrade, I have had no trouble with my cell connection ( provider is Verizon ) so for me it'd be just a waste of time, have plenty of tweaks running with 0 lag at all (zephyr, ISX, browser changer, infinifolders etc) but glad they got it updated quickly

Quote Originally Posted by towboattrash34 View Post
    The 4s on 5.0.1 was the best. This 5 on 6.1 sux in 1.5hrs it goes from 100% to 75%. If it don't get better its not worth it.
    I have to disagree, I had absolutely terrible battery life on 5.0.1 and 5.0, was much better on 5.1 and 5.1.1 but the best I thin is 6.1, my battery last a full days charge with moderate-heavy use.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,563 Times in 3,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Even if it did still work there's no reason to ever fear an accidental OTA upgrade when you're already jail broken. Halfway thru the upgrade will fail saying incompatible firmware and you're back on the jailbreak firmware you were just on. Surely the devs know this. I've never understood the fear of accidental OTA upgrading scare I hear here. It just won't work or ever steal someone's jail break. I've tested it several times on my phones and know the upgrade attempt will fail every time.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (02-12-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AmadeusKaelPyralis View Post
    Perhaps some of you might help me, since you've started in on the topic of upgrading versus not.
    I have an iPhone 4, 5.0.1. Runs lovely. I stayed there to keep my Jailbreak, hate tethered jailbreaks. Anyway, I'm struggling with updating or not and I know the window is closing for 6.1.
    Some of my apps are falling behind on updates, soon they all will and will not be functional with older versions. An update would correct that. But in 6.1 I lose YouTube and Maps. While there are independent app downloads for these now, that isn't too large of a burden.

I guess what I am struggle with is the old "If it ain't broke don't fix it"... it runs just fine aside from an app that is not the latest version. But I fear not having a working jailbreak when it fails (restore), etc.
    So, what is the pro/con list of upgrading here for the iPhone 4 (not 4S). My wife has a 3GS and we are both wondering about updating, really.
    I had 5.1.1 with iPhone 4 and updated. Best and easiest jailbreak ever. Very impressive. Used PkgBackup to restore my stuff. Didn't even have to enter dropbox info - how cool!

Each time I pressed the home key it crashed and came back in safe mode. The problem was AlwaysClose and Multiflow. AlwaysClose has been updated so I reinstalled. Multiflow has not. I don't need Multiflow anyway and probably won't reinstall that.

6.1 seems to run a bit faster so is worth it.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,277 Times in 3,992 Posts

Jumped to 6.1.1 and my signal bars are full in my basement and they used to hang around 3-4. ...all my tweaks still run really smooth

22. The Following User Says Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-12-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I updated and jailbroke my iphone and now the camera icon doesn't show in the Messages app to the left of the text box to attach pictures. The only way I can send pictures is if I do it through the Photos app. Also, when I click on the camera roll in the Photos app, it shows me the very first pictures and I have to scroll down through hundreds of pictures to see the most recent ones. Before it used to show the most recent photos first and then I could just scroll up to see older pictures. I restored my phone and these issues were both fixed, so the problem must be with the jailbreak. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas?