Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Kamera' Adds Front and Rear Camera Shortcuts to Notification Center

Default 'Kamera' Adds Front and Rear Camera Shortcuts to Notification Center

Are you an iPhone camera power-user? An Instagram addict, perhaps? If so, then you can never have enough camera shortcuts. A new and free Notification Center add-on called Kamera by iOS developer ravirajm puts two new useful shortcuts in Notification Center.

The first shortcut is a button for getting to the front-facing camera on the iOS device. Since the front-facing camera is more often than not used for self-portraits, the icon resembles the picture of a person on the iPhone. The second shortcut is a button for getting to the rear-facing camera on the iOS device. Since the rear-facing camera is usually used for photographs, there are little picture icons on the iPhone screen in the icon. There is some nice attention to detail in those elements.

When you tap on the front-facing camera shortcut, a camera sheet will open with the front-facing camera loaded up. You can easily switch to the rear-facing camera with the stock camera-switching button. When you tap on the rear-facing camera shortcut, a camera sheet will open with the rear-facing camera loaded up. You will also be able to easily switch to the front-facing camera with the same method as aforementioned.

Since the Kamera add-on for Notification Center is basically a widget, you will be able to enable and disable it at any time by dragging it in and out of Notification Center from the Notifications preferences pane in the Settings application.

The Kamera option might not appear in the Notifications preferences pane at first after you install the add-on, to fix this, just reboot your iOS device.

Kamera seems like a solid way to adding yet another camera shortcut to iOS. If you feel like you canít get enough camera shortcuts, you should consider Kamera. Kamera is fully compatible with the iPhone 5 and iOS 6.1.

Name: Kamera
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS device with a camera running iOS 5+
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: ravirajm

If the buttons were smaller it would make this tweak pretty handy . The buttons seem too bulky for the purpose they serve.

Buttons on the lock screen would be awesome for this.

It didn't work on me. I have iphone5. I did a couple of resprings and it didn't help

Quote Originally Posted by ca3sar View Post
    Buttons on the lock screen would be awesome for this.
    what's so hard about swiping the screen upwards from the lockscreen to open up the camera?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bisayakid07 View Post
    It didn't work on me. I have iphone5. I did a couple of resprings and it didn't help
    After the respring, enable kamera from the notifications section in ios settings. i5 here no issues

7. The Following User Says Thank You to morbidpete For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (02-12-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone TT KH's Avatar
    Thanks

Go to notification and turn it on

neat shortcuts! another feature, maybe for a future update, is to include video recording shortcuts too. Although might not be used as much, it would be nice to have

Quote Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
    what's so hard about swiping the screen upwards from the lockscreen to open up the camera?
    It's not about it being hard, it's about convenience. What's easier and less time consuming: A.) Pressing a front facing or rear facing camera button on the lockscreen or B.) Swiping up on the lockscreen and hope that your iphone chooses the right facing camera, check and make sure the right facing camera is chosen, if not, press a button to switch it to the correct facing camera and not to mention to make sure its in picture mode and not video mode.
    Last edited by ensigma; 02-11-2013 at 08:55 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ensigma For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (02-11-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

I might use this tweak it's pretty neat how it lets you pick which camera you want to use.

Quote Originally Posted by bisayakid07 View Post
    reboot, and then enable the widget from the Notifications preferences pane.

Thanks

you have to worry about switching between video and pics, first of all. second, you have to worry about switching the front or back.

Nothing, but to have a one click option for front or back camera would be easy and neat.

Thanks

I actually find this tweak useful, since i use instragram ALOT it's more convenient just to swipe down my notifications screen n POW!!!

Thanks for the review! but Editor's Rating?