Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 6.1.1 Has Been Released for iPhone 4S, evasi0n Will Be Updated Soon

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,992 Times in 6,542 Posts

Those on iph5 with issues, have you tried a fresh DFU mode restore, setup as new, then jailbreak yet? You might be surprised at the results. The trick is to make sure that you are in true DFU mode, that is if you see the connect to iTunes on your screen, you are NOT in true DFU. Do not do a restore from backup.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Those on iph5 with issues, have you tried a fresh DFU mode restore, setup as new, then jailbreak yet? You might be surprised at the results. The trick is to make sure that you are in true DFU mode, that is if you see the connect to iTunes on your screen, you are NOT in true DFU. Do not do a restore from backup.
    I did this. Didnt improve my battery life. I'm fairly positive my battery life was good on 6.0 and then when I got onto 6.0.2 everything went wrong. Now I'm on 6.1 and still have awful battery life!!! When will they fix this? I might just take it in on saturday

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

You may have a problem like I have. Brought mine in cause on wifi issues and the guy should me the wifi cable and battery cable was just about broke off. Gave me another phone for free and much better wifi and battery now. Lovin it

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    You may have a problem like I have. Brought mine in cause on wifi issues and the guy should me the wifi cable and battery cable was just about broke off. Gave me another phone for free and much better wifi and battery now. Lovin it
    Wait what do you mean the wifi cable and battery cable broke off? Btw I already went in once due to my power button being loose and they gave me a new phone! Do u think that they'll do it again? Do you have apple care?

Uh oh. I better stop procrastinating and update my iPod to iOS 6 before it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    Uh oh. I better stop procrastinating and update my iPod to iOS 6 before it's too late.
    Well duh where have you been lol

Evasion 1.3 with jailbreak support for 6.1.1 on 4S is released!!. Just announced on Twitter!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-11-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

That was quick

Banned
    Thanks

lmao., I see dozens of reasons why updating to a current version of your operating system is not always a good thing or even necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    lmao., I see dozens of reasons why updating to a current version of your operating system is not always a good thing or even necessary.
    When 6.1.1 was only an update for Japanese pronunciation if streets in Maps it was useless if u didn't speak Japanese. But for 4S folks it's more.

Is this a full update like I have to restore everything or does it just fix what needs to be fixed?

Thanks

Just fixed what needs to be fixed. This isn't the big update.

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Is this a full update like I have to restore everything or does it just fix what needs to be fixed?
    Any update to a new iOS version - if you're jailbroken now - will require a restore.

^^ got ya thanks. Damn I hate doing full restores. Well I guess we can wait for the jb update.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    3G will kill your battery faster than LTE. This is because UMTS is more power-thirsty than LTE. Your issue could be software related.

Yup. iPhone 4S only.
    Huh?

It's actually the other way around: LTE uses more power than 3G/UMTS/HSPA.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Not sure why you're surprised. It's a hot-fix, not a full-blown update.

Apple did the same thing when they released iOS 6.0.2 for ONLY the iPhone 5 and iPad Mini, both of which are jailbreakable on that firmware with all of the vulnerabilities used in iOS 6.0.1.
    6.0.2 didn't patch anything because there was obviously no iPhone 5 Jailbreak at the time. It is odd that apple released a software update (even if it was a fast fix) mere days after a Jailbreak was released. That begs the question did indeed apple see #WeWantAnOpeniOS trending.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    Huh?

It's actually the other way around: LTE uses more power than 3G/UMTS/HSPA.
    It's neither way. Per apple.com/iPhone/specs.html, you get 8 hrs of Internet use on 3G and 8 hrs of Internet use on LTE. They both consume same battery life. This is obviously if you have ideal coverage in both cases.

If you are in a low LTE area, it'll suck up your battery. If you are in a low 3G coverage, that'll suck up your battery.

where does itunes download the ipsw to? i can't find the file for the life of me ...

"That being said, if you want to update your iPhone 4S to iOS 6.1.1, you can… AFTER… the hackers have had a chance to update the evasi0n jailbreak tool. We will be sure to let you know when that happens. Until then, we recommend sitting tight on whatever iOS 6 firmware you might have that’s already jailbroken."
    Ugh. What a perfect opportunity to mention TinyUmbrella before it's too late. Obviously, Apple thought that the problems on that particular hardware were serious enough to update with a fix before addressing the jailbreak, so why "recommend" only sitting tight? That can only risk being stuck between a rock (Jailbreak on broken 6.1 FW) and a hard place (fixed unJB-able FW that may come out almost immediately after 6.1.1).

Thanks

You can't downgrade the 4s so that don't matter. They have an update form the dev team and they updated the jailbreak tool and it does work on the 4s running 6.1.1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast