+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Payment Plans Boost iPhone Sales Dramatically in India

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Payment Plans Boost iPhone Sales Dramatically in India

As MMi reported late last year, Apple is authorizing the use of payment plans to help prospective iPhone buyers secure
    the Apple smartphone inside of India, one of the largest emerging markets for mobile in the world.

According to the latest industry data from IDC, the plan is working. iPhone sales have climbed three-fold in the last quarter, a reality made possible by the improved ability of local customers to pay for their iPhone on an installment basis.

We have seen overwhelming demand for Apple iPhone in India, not just for the latest iPhone 5, but also the lower cost previous versions, IDC analyst Ryan Keith says. Its a huge market with great opportunity for Apple.

IDC expects another 150 percent sales spike year-over-year in 2013.

"Apple is doing what it did in China three or four years ago. They studied the market, learned consumer needs and suddenly went aggressive," says Jayanth Kolla at telecom research firm Convergence Catalyst. "From having about 30 people here six months ago, Apple India is now about 150-people strong."

Although China admittedly remains a higher priority to Apple as an emerging market than India does, Tim Cook made it clear that India still matters during Apple's last earnings call, when Cook said "I love India... We have a business there; that business is growing."

Source: AllThingsD

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I wish they would do the same in the US. I love my iPhone and I've owned an iPad but just wasn't able to keep it due to some financial issues that arose. If I could purchase one on a payment plan and not through Apples financing program that I've never qualified for, I'd have a 128gb iPad tomorrow.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fraggot View Post
    I wish they would do the same in the US. I love my iPhone and I've owned an iPad but just wasn't able to keep it due to some financial issues that arose. If I could purchase one on a payment plan and not through Apples financing program that I've never qualified for, I'd have a 128gb iPad tomorrow.
    So why not put away money each much and save for an iPad? Most people in the world don't get subsidized phones but their cell bills are cheaper than ours

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blueglide View Post
    So why not put away money each much and save for an iPad?
    Because that's not getting an iPad NOW

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fraggot View Post
    Best Buy already does that. I bought my iPad 3 from Best Buy for 0% interest if paid off within 6 months. That's less than $100 a month (I have a 16gb). Needless to say, it's already been paid off.