Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Zephyr Updated to Version 1.5 With New iPad-style Four-finger Gestures

Default Zephyr Updated to Version 1.5 With New iPad Four-finger Swipe Gestures

Early Monday morning, iOS hacker and developer Grant Paul (chpwn) introduced an update for Zephyr, the popular swipe-based multitasking jailbreak tweak for jailbroken iOS devices, to version 1.5, which adds some new features and a lot of stability improvements and bug fixes.

The most notable new feature is that users can now, for fun, take advantage of the iPad-style four-finger swipe gestures on the smaller displays of the iPhone and iPod touch. The gestures include swiping side to side with four fingers to move between applications suspended in the background, pinching with four fingers to exit an application, and using four fingers to reveal the App Switcher.

Each of these options are separate from the rest of the Zephyr options, and can be individually enabled or disabled at any time from the Zephyr preferences pane:

Due to requiring four fingers, these gestures will be most easily performed on the four-inch display of the iPhone 5 or iPod touch 4G, however it's still manageable on smaller-display devices. Chpwn notes that the four-finger gestures were added "just for fun," and you can still use the basic Zephyr features if you don't want to cram all four of your fingers on the display at once.

The Zephyr 1.5 update is free for all existing owners, however new adopters of the jailbreak tweak can grab Zephyr for $4.99 in the BigBoss repository.

Sources: chpwn
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-11-2013 at 10:59 AM.

I love Zephyr, but the four-finger swipe is quite difficult on the small screen of an iPhone. Especially if you're using the phone with only one hand ;-)

I agree. It's fun, but I doubt I'd use it. What'd I'd like is an option to scroll back and forward on web pages with 2 fingers like the MacBooks do. That'd be cool.

Pinch with 2 fingers is what he should add! Love zephyr though !

Kinda useless update don't ya think

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    Kinda useless update don't ya think
    It adds features that some people will want. From the looks of things, chpwn added the features because they were highly requested.

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    I love Zephyr, but the four-finger swipe is quite difficult on the small screen of an iPhone. Especially if you're using the phone with only one hand ;-)
    You can choose how many fingers to use in the app settings...1-4. I use one hand with only my thumb and it works great.
    Last edited by toyvan; 02-11-2013 at 06:17 PM.

I'm getting huge icons in my folders using this tweak with springtomize. Both had updates and now, no good

That's odd was just using both before updating my 4s to 6.1.1 ...just started using zephyr and I love it

Went to 6.1.1 they still work fine...