Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Make Ringtones Out of Songs in Your Music Library With 'Rinngo'

Default Make Ringtones Out of Songs in Your Music Library With 'Rinngo'

Chances are that many of you like having custom ringtones on your iOS devices, rather than the built-in ringtones. Unfortunately, if you want a song, iTunes is going to charge you for the ringtone even though you already own the song. You can create your own ringtones manually with a few steps in iTunes, however a new app called Rinngo by iOS development team Cocoanuts lets you do everything right from your iOS device.

Rinngo uses the power of Action Menu to bring up the Rinngo interface in the Music application. To use Rinngo, just find a song in your music library that you want to make into a ringtone. You can then hold down on the song, and Action Menu will appear with a new Rinngo button. Tap on it:

After you tap on the Rinngo button, you’ll be brought to the Rinngo interface. The interface looks snazzy. At the bottom is a play button so you can hear the song you picked. You’ll also see a slider on the left and the right of the scrubber bar. You can slide these sliders to crop your ringtone to a manageable length (preferably no more than about 30 seconds). The interface will also show you the name of the song, the artist, and also show you the length of the cropped portion you have selected with the sliders:

You will be able to tap on the cancel button, or on the Save Ringtone button. Cancel will bring you back to your music library, and save ringtone will use the power of Gremlin to import the cropped music file into your Ringtone library. After you tap on the Save Ringtone button, you can access the ringtone you just made from your ringtone preferences pane in the Settings application and apply it to phone calls:

With a polished interface, quick import, and absolute ease of use, Rinngo is a great solution to making your own ringtones on the go. Even as a mobile solution, it’s faster than creating your own ringtones on the computer and syncing them to your iOS device. Additionally, applications from the App Store that claim to make creating ringtones easier still require you to tether up to iTunes to sync the ringtones, so they’re not really as handy as Rinngo either.

Rinngo only works with music files in your Music library, that is, the stock Music application. It won't create ringtones from music in any other application. If you love custom ringtones, Rinngo is a MUST-HAVE! Check it out!

Name: Rinngo
    Price: $4.99
    Version: 1.0.01-3
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Cocoanuts
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

There's ways to do this in iTunes as well. This is perfect for those who aren't near a PC/Mac

Quote Originally Posted by DQEight View Post
    There's ways to do this in iTunes as well. This is perfect for those who aren't near a PC/Mac
    We are aware of the way to do this in iTunes. We mentioned that lol.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bisayakid07 For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (02-10-2013)

Thanks

5 bucks lmao are you joking me? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by bisayakid07 View Post
    Too pricey, I think
    Definitely

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Magnum For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (02-10-2013)

This looks like a nice app and I'd buy it if it worked with other music apps. I don't use the stock music app due to its limitations.

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Might just get this one...

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

$5 serious? It's very easy to do this in iTunes....and it's free I like the idea of it though....just wouldn't pay that much money for it.

Thanks

iTunes doesn't charge to make your own ringtones?! Yeah they do.

My iPhone is a Part of Me dwizurd's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll definitely be dropping $5 on this one.
    Noobus Majorus thanks are welcome <---

Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
    iTunes doesn't charge to make your own ringtones?! Yeah they do.
    You can "make" your own ringtones via iTunes for free by cropping the music file and converting it to a ringtone file. Buying pre-made ringtones is what costs money in iTunes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    You can "make" your own ringtones via iTunes for free by cropping the music file and converting it to a ringtone file. Buying pre-made ringtones is what costs money in iTunes.
    Really? Because I've been charged before for trying to make a ringtone in iTunes :S

Really? Because I've been charged before for trying to make a ringtone in iTunes :S
    There are plenty of guides on Google

Thanks
    Good for those who are not near to their computer.

I really like that they've finally made a good interface and current with ios tweak for this. Honestly I hate the run around with downloading ringtones/making them etc.

Its a weebit pricey though if you ask me..

Thanks

Audiko (dot) net is wha I use to search and create my own ringtones...

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

What?! You probably had itunes (back in the day) create your ringtone for you and they charged you.
    They no longer allow you to do that. You buy their premade crap they call ringtones.

Edit:
    And i know you can make your own ringtone in itunes. Im just stating the old way had apple make it for you

Quote Originally Posted by bisayakid07 View Post
    Too pricey, I think
    I agree. And the only reason why i do is because im not a one a day ringtoner anymore. If i still was, $5 would be worth the convienence of not using iTunes.
    Last edited by iFrosty; 02-09-2013 at 11:37 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

not only pricey, but its by cocoanuts. never buying from them again. they won't update, won't even charge for updates, and they have no support whatsoever. their twitter is a ghost town, except recenty where they are flaunting their new stuff. stay away

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to keenpois0n For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (02-10-2013), bisayakid07 (02-10-2013), Magnum (02-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Audiko (dot) net is wha I use to search and create my own ringtones...
    +1

Jailbreak, make ringtone, move with iFile. No computer, no problem...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast