+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'MuteIcon' Reminds You When You're in Silent Mode With a Status Bar Icon

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
It’s not hard to forget that your iPhone is in silent mode. In fact, sometimes we might not even be reminded that we’re in silent mode until we miss an
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'MuteIcon' Reminds You When You're in Silent Mode With a Status Bar Icon

It’s not hard to forget that your iPhone is in silent mode. In fact, sometimes we might not even be reminded that we’re in silent mode until we miss an important call because we spend our time looking at the display and not the silent switch to notice that strip of orange. The solution? – Tell us that we’re in silent mode on the display!

A new free jailbreak tweak called MuteIcon by iOS developer La bla bla will do just that. When you switch your iPhone into silent mode, a new icon is added to the Status Bar to indicate that you’re in silent mode. It looks like a speaker with a line through it. It will remain in the Status Bar until you turn silent mode off, and when you do, the icon will disappear.

If you’ve used OpenNotifier before, then you’re not new to this functionality. However OpenNotifier is not yet fully compatible with iOS 6.1, and when you reboot your iPhone, there is a bug that causes the silent mode icon to appear in the Status Bar even when you’re not in silent mode. MuteIcon doesn’t appear to have this bug, so it makes a worthwhile replacement for that OpenNotifier feature for the time being.

The icon supports the retina display and the MuteIcon jailbreak tweak is compatible with all iOS 6 iPhones. The tweak has no options to configure. Check it out!

Name: MuteIcon
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iPhone
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: La bla bla
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-09-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

what about looking at the little red tape on the side of the phone lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is kind of a redundant tweak. OpenNotifier does this plus a whole lot more.

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    Ain't nobody got time for dat lol but no seriously when you're on the go and need to know if your phone is on silent,turning the phone to check if its silent can be an inconvenience.

iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Thanks

The silent icon disappearing is due to libstatusbar, either being incompatible with BOTH open notifier, even ringer/silent sbsettings' Status bar icon and the mute icon option or just plain having bugs, even though it was just updated for ios6 just this morning (0.9.6.1). I've already emailed the dev (Phoenix) about this issue and a possible fix/workaround.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sekazi View Post
    This is kind of a redundant tweak. OpenNotifier does this plus a whole lot more.
    You read about the part where OpenNotifier has a bug, right?

I mean, I like OpenNotifier too, but that glitch causing it to say silent is on when you reboot is kind of annoying. It just needs an update.

Thanks

Mine does not appear to have that bug. Works perfectly find after reboot or respring.

Thanks

Mine does not appear to have that bug. Works perfectly find after reboot or respring.
    I've produced the issue on iPhone 5,1 running iOS 6.1

Thanks

Whats up with all the garbage aye double ess, pointless aye double ess tweaks you guys are reviewing as of lately? These are all stupid as H-E-double hockey sticks. Can we get news about something useful?

Aaannndddd rant done.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Whats up with all the garbage aye double ess, pointless aye double ess tweaks you guys are reviewing as of lately? These are all stupid as H-E-double hockey sticks. Can we get news about something useful?

Aaannndddd rant done.
    Lmfao wow

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
    Lmfao wow
    Lol my bad but for real though a mute icon and battery percentage icon? Lol seriously? Lol...and half the other stories aren't even about apple, they are about Samsung lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Lol my bad but for real though a mute icon and battery percentage icon? Lol seriously? Lol...and half the other stories aren't even about apple, they are about Samsung lol
    He ain't lying
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I've produced the issue on iPhone 5,1 running iOS 6.1
    I figured it out. My phone is usually on silent all the time which is why I didnt see it. You have to reboot with it not on silent and it will show silent but it works just as normal soon as you flip the switch once. Did the same on my iPad 3 and iPhone 5 on 6.1.

Thanks

I figured it out. My phone is usually on silent all the time which is why I didnt see it. You have to reboot with it not on silent and it will show silent but it works just as normal soon as you flip the switch once. Did the same on my iPad 3 and iPhone 5 on 6.1.
    That's the bug,the tweak will make it appear as if the phone is on silent even if it really isn't.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Pointless tweak. Slow news day I bet.

Developer
    Thanks

Libstatusbar author here.

I'm not sure how the statusbar broke, but I am working hard on fixing it (and it's delaying the release of other apps of mine). It was supposed to create additional features, not mess up ones people just put out .

Thanks

^.^

iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix3200 View Post

I'm not sure how the statusbar broke, but I am working hard on fixing it (and it's delaying the release of other apps of mine). It was supposed to create additional features, not mess up ones people just put out .
    Thanks Phoenix, just sent you an email earlier today. Right now it's not working with Opennotifier, mute icon and the Ringer/Silent SBSettings options.

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix3200 View Post

we appreciate the work you do, highly. We / I accept bugs in tweaks especialy with a developer like you... On the ball fixing issues. Thank you for your work. Truly.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    I find myself constantly in bad lighting, its a useful tweak and comments like yours are a wee bit ridiculous considering you could say that about plenty of things, "if you want to know the time just look at your lockscreen.." etc.