Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'BatteryPeek' Lets You Take a Peek At Your Battery Percentage Using Activator

Default 'BatteryPeek' Lets You Take a Peek At Your Battery Percentage Using Activator

If you’re one of those Status Bar minimalists that hates having your Status Bar cluttered with a lot of information, then a new free jailbreak tweak called BatteryPeek by iOS developer Qusic might be for you.

BatteryPeek will hide the battery percentage from your Status Bar outright. Your battery icon will still show. When you invoke an Activator action of your choosing, BatteryPeek will quickly flash the numerical battery percentage on your Status Bar. It only stays in the Status Bar for about 1-2 seconds, and then disappears again. This allows you to get the information that you need, while still maintaining that minimalist look that you love.

If you want to go extremely minimalist, and hide the battery indicator, you can combine BatteryPeek with Bolt. Bolt will hide the battery indicator, and only show the battery percentage, however because you have BatteryPeek installed to hide the battery percentage as well, your status bar will be empty on the right side. However, when you invoke your Activator action, the battery percentage, and not the battery indicator, will appear:

We find that the combination of BatteryPeek and Bolt is a nice little tweak for the Status Bar (if you’re a minimalist). In fact, we think the combination of the two free tweaks is actually better than having BatteryPeek installed all by its lonesome. Some people like having the battery information in their Status Bar at all times, and for these people, BatteryPeek may not be something they want to install.

To set your Activator action, just head over to Activator's options, and choose an action to assign to BatteryPeek. We recommend double-tapping the Status Bar, however the developer recommends single-tap-right for the Status Bar.

BatteryPeek is free in the BigBoss repository, so all you minimalists out there, check it out!

Name: BatteryPeek
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.2-1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Qusic
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

and the useless tweaks begin to rollout now

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Or you could get bolt and just have the percentage

this is useless. i want something new and useful.

+1 to everyone saying its useless. Extremely useless.

Actually this is pretty useful, for me!
    All my iDevice life, I've been waiting for something like this!!!
    Thumbs Up

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

See, I had no clue what batterypeek did,the description was in another language :S

Thanks
    I'm a minimalist. I find this useful. That is all.

really worthless

this is dumb as hell, you can have this on your phone out the box smh.
    settings
    general
    usage
    battery percentage

When i open my photo library it crash and keep my iphone in safe mode?what is reason for it?does anyone know why it happen?

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

REALLY a waste

Quote Originally Posted by j23a45m View Post
    this is dumb as hell, you can have this on your phone out the box smh.
    settings
    general
    usage
    battery percentage
    This tweak does not do what you are describing. You are describing a permanent solution.

The tweak will only flash the battery percentage for 1-2 seconds in the Status Bar so the user can see what's left and then it will disappear. This lets minimalists that empty their Status Bars keep their Status Bar empty, and still see what they need to on demand.

Really goes nicely with Bolt.

Some people will have more use for it than others, fair enough.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-09-2013 at 07:48 AM.

New Tweak! 'Redneck StatusBar Peek'

Works with any iDevice as well as other smart phones.

Put a piece of black electrical tape over the status bar.
    When you want to know what's going on, simply peek under the tape. Easily customizable to display the status bar for as long as you want.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I like this tweak. It may not be particularly useful for people who like practical/functional tweaks but for those of us who love to customise (particularly minimal mods) this is brilliant.

PS: Here's a dancing penguin.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaurat View Post
    When i open my photo library it crash and keep my iphone in safe mode?what is reason for it?does anyone know why it happen?
    If you are jailbroken you probably need to update through cydia. This is a known problem.

I have updated many times but it didn't work..whenever i install any tweak it crashes.

My iPhone is a Part of Me The 8th Immortal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,418 Times in 450 Posts

The tweak isn't showing up for me under activator. Any suggestions? Already uninstalled/reinstalled.