+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Version 1.2 of evasi0n iOS 6 Untethered Jailbreak Tool Released, Cydia Package Updated

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The hacker team known as evad3rs have pushed an update to the iOS 6 untethered jailbreak tool called evasi0n. The updated tool is now version 1.2. The evad3rs have also
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Version 1.2 of evasi0n iOS 6 Untethered Jailbreak Tool Released, Cydia Package Updated

The hacker team known as evad3rs have pushed an update to the iOS 6 untethered jailbreak tool called evasi0n. The updated tool is now version 1.2. The evad3rs have also updated the evasi0n untethered 6.0-6.1 package in Cydia, which is now version 0.3-1.

According to the change log, version 1.2 of evasi0n fixes a problem with the time zone when it’s not corrected by the client, and disables OTA (over the air) updating for the device it’s installed on.

By disabling the OTA updating feature, users will not be notified of iOS 6.1.1 when it is released to the public. iOS 6.1.1 went into its first beta for developers to test on Wednesday. The iOS 6.1.1 update does not patch evasi0n just yet, but hackers have predicted that a future beta version might patch the evasi0n jailbreak before the update is released to the public. It would be a miracle if it didn’t.

If you’re not jailbroken yet, you should run the latest evasi0n jailbreak (version 1.2) to jailbreak your device. If you’re already jailbroken, you only need to install the updated evasi0n package from Cydia, which will appear when you refresh your Cydia sources.

The recently released evasi0n version 1.1 fixes the problem with the Weather application crashing and with the long boot times occurring. The updated evasi0n Cydia package (version 0.3-1) and updated evasi0n jailbreak tool (version 1.2) include these fixes as well.

You can download the updated evasi0n tool from the evasi0n Web site, and view our guide on how to jailbreak with evasi0n from this link.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-08-2013 at 03:36 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

MoDaLoT (02-08-2013), _CAZZ_ (02-09-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Did not fix weather!!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sean637 View Post
    Did not fix weather!!!!
    Meaning you have pirated apps with app sync installed, restore your phone and do NOT use app sync, or it will break it once again, devs have tweeted about it many times.

Thanks

so, do we need to un-install "Software Update Killer" now, so that there won't be conflicts?

rcm
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Meaning you have pirated apps with app sync installed, restore your phone and do NOT use app sync, or it will break it once again, devs have tweeted about it many times.
    Actually, I restored then jailbreak again with ver 1.1 and before getting app sync I checked the weather app and it worked, the I installed app sync and the weather app still works, oh and I have iphone 5 if that helps.

Thanks

Last edited by LudaChris; 02-08-2013 at 04:30 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Did this patch come out today

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is what i used to fi weather app --> Click Here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Use This to Fix Weather App
    Did not fix weather!!!!
    How To Fix Weather App Crashing On iPhone After Evasi0n Jailbreak | Redmond Pie

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post

That doesn't mean they have app sync on their device. My weather app crashed after installing Winterboard. As soon as I uninstalled it, it started working again. No need to jump to conclusions.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LudaChris View Post
    so, do we need to un-install "Software Update Killer" now, so that there won't be conflicts?
    i uninstalled it just to be safe

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had same problem Chris.
    I uninstalled software update killer, rebooted then installed again, now it seems I'm good.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I re-installed update killer after update I should've added.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LudaChris View Post
    There won't be any conflict, but yes you can uninstall it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

LudaChris (02-08-2013)

What's Jailbreak? .:saturNine:.'s Avatar
    Thanks

weather is working for me finally. had to do a hard restart and it finally came back for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did not fix weather!!!!
    Same here...

iPhone? More like MyPhone kosher1's Avatar
    Thanks

Great update. How do these hackers and saurik make money ? Purely donations? Ads???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did not fix weather!!!!
    Sigh...I jailbroke two devices, a CDMA and a GSM i5. My CDMA i5 has the weather app issue and the other one didn't... I was hopeful that this would fix it.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,785 Times in 6,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ssjbrolly View Post
    Same here...
    Did not fix weather!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by anhtuanle84 View Post
    Sigh...I jailbroke two devices, a CDMA and a GSM i5. My CDMA i5 has the weather app issue and the other one didn't... I was hopeful that this would fix it.

This update has nothing to do with the weather issue. They fixed that in the 1.1 release. If you are still having issues after that it is well documented now why that is. Unfortunately it is not as well known that talking about that "tweak" is not allowed on MMi.

For anyone looking to respond to this with regard to warez, please don't. I am not judging anyone who has that installed on their device, it's your device, what you do with it is your business, not ours. We do ask that you respect the rules of this site though if you are going to post here.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    iPhone 5 here. Evasion 1.0 broke weather app even after update to 1.1 on cydia unless I uninstalled .

Restored my iPhone and jail broke it using evasion 1.1 and now weather works fine even with installed
    Last edited by 2k1; 02-08-2013 at 06:09 PM.
    iPhone 5 (iOS 7 JB) - Macbook PRO 13.3 10.9 - Core2Quad Windows 7

+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast