Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sources Indicate iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 Both on Tap for 2013

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Sources Indicate iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 Both on Tap for 2013

Lending further support to the late 2012 claims that Apple will begin to refresh the iPhone more than just one time annually, today we're hearing reports from the far east that Apple will likely deliver the iPhone 5S as well as the iPhone 6 before 2013 comes to an end.

Citing knowledgeable Chinese sources, BrightWire published news on Friday of Apple's purported plan to potentially serve up two iPhone refreshes this calendar year.

A source told Chinese mobile phone information site Laoyaoba.com that he has seen the iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 at Apple's suppliers.
    Apple is said to be strongly considering launching one in late spring (or early summer) and another this fall, shortly before the holiday season ramps up.

"The source noted that the iPhone 5S resembles the iPhone 5, and the five-inch iPhone 6 is lighter and thinner," the BrightWire report reads.

Word of the two forthcoming iPhone models first surfaced in Sina Tech, which is the technology-related news division of Chinese news juggernaut Sina.com.

Source: BrightWire

Thanks
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

Highly doubt there will be a iPhone 6 this year. 5S I would say is almost a definite.

Would be stupid two see two. Hell... I'd want the better one and wait for it.

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

They need to stop doing the lighter and thinner and faster ordeal.

Give us something worth screaming like little girls about.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FrozenFlame For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (02-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFlame View Post
    They need to stop doing the lighter and thinner and faster ordeal.

Give us something worth screaming like little girls about.
    Agreed. We don't need another phone just do an overhaul on the ui

Thanks

I don't want a 5-inch phone tbh. 4 inches + retina is perfect for my needs. Jailbroken i5 > in my opinion.

I definitely would wait for the better one which means they would lose money producing both unless they announce them both at the same time and the 5S one becomes the lower end model and the 6 becomes like a pro model with more tweaks and perks. But I don't see that happening. I think what this story alludes to is apple designed two models and haven't yet decided which one they want to go with a 5S with upgraded internals or a flat out new design with an iphone6.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I really don't see two iPhone's being released in the same year. It just wouldn't make sense. Especially with Ives working on the software now, one phone with his genius behind it is enough!

Quote Originally Posted by petrusk View Post
    I don't want a 5-inch phone tbh. 4 inches + retina is perfect for my needs. Jailbroken i5 > in my opinion.
    Ditto!

The thing about deciding whether to wait for an iPhone 6 or not is that if they release the iPhone 5s in June, they will likely be giving no hints to the public that an iPhone 6 would come in September if indeed it did. They are going to get even sneakier I would imagine if they are trying to release multiple iterations a year. I still can't imagine how upset recent purchasers of the iPad3 must have been when the 4 came out.

All that said, a 5 inch iPhone is exactly what I want, but I can understand that not everyone likes a bigger phone. To me the Note is amazing, but I prefer iOS, so I would gladly jump at the chance to own a larger iphone. Hopefully they don't just extend it vertically another inch though, I don't need a 21:10 aspect ratio really

I believe it. All the whiny ppl will get what they want. Iphone 4 goes away or becomes the carrier freebie. I6 for the new generation n i5s for the oldschoolers

In a way it's not stupid, galaxy s3 was released last year and this year the galaxy s4 is going to be released, so apple is keeping up with the competition. Ya'll guys have to realize, apple needs a lineup of phone devices to choose from, having just one new iPhone with people complaining every 5mins about features they would expect to be on it, why not have 2-3 different phone device, I don't know about anyone else on modmyi, but I like options when it comes to picking a phone, Samsung gives people option, apple doesn't, only with tablets and computers.. IMO

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 Times in 750 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    I definitely would wait for the better one which means they would lose money producing both unless they announce them both at the same time and the 5S one becomes the lower end model and the 6 becomes like a pro model with more tweaks and perks. But I don't see that happening. I think what this story alludes to is apple designed two models and haven't yet decided which one they want to go with a 5S with upgraded internals or a flat out new design with an iphone6.
    +1 I think your right about the 2 models and trying to figure out which design to go with.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

If there's one thing we've learned... These sources always get the name of the devices correct!

I've got the 5 do I look like I wood buy the 5S arr NO
    I see the 6 has been in the gym it's grown half a inch 😜

This is the most retarded thing I have heard. They would never do that, it would make the 5 free the 5s 100 and the 4s would be non existent? Who comes up with this crap?

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

FTS. Apple has lost its innovation much faster than I thought. Major update to iOS needed, Tim. Make it so.

After using a coworker's Galaxy Note II, I think 5.55" is ideal for a useful smart phone and I just don't think I could tolerate anything smaller than 4.8". If you just want a phone to play games and run apps, 3.5" or 4" is fine, but I have always been a power user and I want to do so much more!

iPhone Math sounds stupid but hoping there is some truth to it is the only reason I haven't already set my sights on an Android phablet. They can go on and on about "optimal" size, but that doesn't change the fact that Apple would be stupid not to recognize people like me exist. They turned around when they recognized that the iPad mini needed to happen so hopefully they will recognize that the iPhone Max needs to happen. There is room for a "Pro" and a "main-stream" model just like MacBook Pro and MacBook Air.

Quote Originally Posted by petrusk View Post
    agreed! please don't get rid of the 4"

Quote Originally Posted by crackertime View Post
    The thing about deciding whether to wait for an iPhone 6 or not is that if they release the iPhone 5s in June, they will likely be giving no hints to the public that an iPhone 6 would come in September if indeed it did. They are going to get even sneakier I would imagine if they are trying to release multiple iterations a year. I still can't imagine how upset recent purchasers of the iPad3 must have been when the 4 came out.

All that said, a 5 inch iPhone is exactly what I want, but I can understand that not everyone likes a bigger phone. To me the Note is amazing, but I prefer iOS, so I would gladly jump at the chance to own a larger iphone. Hopefully they don't just extend it vertically another inch though, I don't need a 21:10 aspect ratio really
    Get a ipad mini with data and wifi. Almost just the same

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast