Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint Sold Best-Ever 2.2 Million iPhones During Holiday Quarter of 2012

Thanks

Default Sprint Sold Best-Ever 2.2 Million iPhones During Holiday Quarter of 2012

Sprint recently announced its earnings for the fourth quarter of 2012, revealing that it sold a best ever number of 2.2 million iPhones, bringing its total 2012 sales to a total of 6.6. million. Of the 2.2 million iPhones sold in the fourth quarter of 2012, 38% of those were to new customers and 40% of the 6.6 million iPhones sold in all of 2012 were to customers new to the carrier.

As of the fourth quarter, Sprint had sold more than 4 million 4G LTE smartphones, including Apple’s iPhone 5, which debuted in September, with 20 million smartphones sold in the year of 2012. The high-speed 4G LTE network offered by Sprint that is compatible with both the iPhone 5 and Apple’s latest iPads, is now available in a total of 58 cities. The carrier expects to expand to nearly 170 more in the coming months with construction being started I n more than 450 cities.

Sprint reported a net loss of $1.3 billion though, with Dan Hesse (the company’s chief executive), attributing part of that loss to subsidies associated with Apple’s iPhone, which he said is one of the company’s “key investments.” The 2.2 million iPhones sold by Sprint are an increase from the 1.5 million the carrier had activated over the last three consecutive quarters. The carrier had surpassed 1 million LTE smartphones just before the launch of the iPhone 5.

Source: Sprint (Press Release)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I love sprint!

I like sprint for their low prices and unlimited data, but damn their 3G is slow!
    Will 4g make it to my area before I decide to switch? I don't know, I hope so.

Thanks

Yah they really need to up their data speeds in some areas. Advertising that they have the fastest lte network is a joke

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Sprint's "truly unlimited" is a huge draw. I would go to them but AT&T is the fastest by far. Once they catch up in speeds, I'd consider it for their pricing!

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    Sprint's "truly unlimited" is a huge draw. I would go to them but AT&T is the fastest by far. Once they catch up in speeds, I'd consider it for their pricing!
    Well the point in truly unlimited isn't the fastest speeds but the fact they don't ever throttle data.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ridingsupreme's Avatar
    Thanks

Here in Cali sprint is worthless. Undelivered SMS, calls, and voicemails. Not to mention d/l speeds of a mere 3-5 Mbps. Lots of lols.

If you live in a LTE area for sprint then you'll be satisfied. I hit speeds of 15mbps-32mbps and if I average it out it'll be around 24mbps which isn't even bad. I rather be on unlimited with these speeds than be using a tiered data plan knowing I get really awesome speeds but reach my cap in no time than ill be wasting more money for extra gbs. I've used 20gb this month and I just saved a ton. I can't wait till sprint actually goes up all the way with speeds one day.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Well the point in truly unlimited isn't the fastest speeds but the fact they don't ever throttle data.
    True. That's what I meant. I don't have "unlimited" service through AT&T though, so I don't get throttled. LTE speeds in Buffalo New York are 40-60mbps! If Sprint had those kind of speeds I wouldn't need 20mbps cable!

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyGearIsaac View Post
    If you live in a LTE area for sprint then you'll be satisfied. I hit speeds of 15mbps-32mbps and if I average it out it'll be around 24mbps which isn't even bad. I rather be on unlimited with these speeds than be using a tiered data plan knowing I get really awesome speeds but reach my cap in no time than ill be wasting more money for extra gbs. I've used 20gb this month and I just saved a ton. I can't wait till sprint actually goes up all the way with speeds one day.
    *Jealous.
    They just need to expand their service to be satisfactory nation wide now.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post

*Jealous.
    They just need to expand their service to be satisfactory nation wide now.
    Well they just started rolling out LTE on July 15 2012 but hopefully in the next two years or so it'll be in a good amount of cities in the nation. Plus maybe some better speeds both on their 3G & LTE network. Here is one Speedtest of mine and yes this is Sprint