+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wozniak Says iPhone is 'Behind' on Leading Smartphone Features

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by severe According to the Detroit Zoo, a Rhinoceros head can weigh up to 2000lbs. +1
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by severe View Post
    According to the Detroit Zoo, a Rhinoceros head can weigh up to 2000lbs.
    +1

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    "but usually that's because Apple is perfecting the feature before release" like apple maps? like the iPhone 4 antenna? like all the problems both hardware and software of the iPhone 5?
    Anyone can point out problems with any smartphone or electronic device, almost all of them have 'em. That includes devices running Android. Also notice how I said, "that usually means," obviously Apple is not perfect like any other company. I'm not surprised to see you jump to a conclusion though...as you're a Super Whiney Android Fanboy
    Last edited by steve-z17; 02-08-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Thanks

Apple fans are SO ahead of the curve. Why can't everyone be like us?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Behind but now following and not innovating
    [QUOTE=klouud;6759360]This is news? Apple always lags behind in terms of features - its what they do. Its a double edged sword: on one hand yes, your Apple device is left "wanting"; but on the other, Apple does not want to dive into a technology that is not going to firmly establish itself in the market.

Its one thing to be behind on features but now they seem to be reacting to the marketplace and not marching to their own beat and this I believe will lose some of Apple's allure. Although I love my iPad mini, it was a reaction to everyone (Fire, Nexus 7, nook HD, etc.) now if they do an iPhone Maxi (or whatever they call a 5" iPhone, it will further reinforce this statement. Apple needs to do what they do best, take an idea and maximize it, not be a "me too".

Rippey
    Rippey
    iOS 4.0 3Gs 32GB on the lamb
    Still has nice things on it, pictures too

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mrrippey For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (02-08-2013)

Thanks

I didn't upgrade to the iPhone 5 as there were no real advancements IMHO. A bigger screen that is not needed. Only edge Adnroid has is the screen size, if that is what you are looking for. Funny how phones used to be so small, now they are the size of bricks haha..AGAIN. Guess styles come back not only in fashion but tech too. Im fine with my 4S and its 3.5" screen..its not broke so why fix it? I'll see what the 5S offers and consider my options at that time. WOZ will always be respected in the Apple community for obvious reasons. If you don't know then you don't know anything about Apple.

Thanks

I upgraded from my 4 so it was a HUGE improvement. If I had a 4S, I would have waited.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigbaba's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Retrolock View Post
    Woz baffles me, is he still relevant? I mean he sounds like any other android fans we have here. What he just spouted out is what I read here almost every day lol.
    +1

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

If you still believe an IPhone is better than a Samsung S3. You haven't seen an S3 with Jelly Bean multitasking. Hands down better than any jail broken iPhone. Thing is, it's so nmmmmmad ugly! "THE IDEAL PHONE" is an IPhone 4S, with apple "io" user interface running Jelly Bean 4.1.2.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Its one thing to be behind on features but now they seem to be reacting to the marketplace and not marching to their own beat and this I believe will lose some of Apple's allure. Although I love my iPad mini, it was a reaction to everyone (Fire, Nexus 7, nook HD, etc.) now if they do an iPhone Maxi (or whatever they call a 5" iPhone, it will further reinforce this statement. Apple needs to do what they do best, take an idea and maximize it, not be a "me too".

Rippey[/QUOTE]

This is true. They could've made a bigger iPhone years ago but Jobs wanted a phone that fit in your hand. He didn't compromise a millimeter. I feel like they're walking this line between what Steve Jobs would do and what the market is demanding. When that happens you get weird phones like the stretched iphone 5. I think they need to make two separate phones. A 4.5" for my mom that can barely see anything on her iPhone 5 and a regular size one I can use with one hand.

For security reasons Apple has to patch the jailbreak but they could turn a blind eye and allow us to downgrade to any firmware we like. Instead of the greatest minds working on a jailbreak they could be working on the next best tweak that Apple will eventually incorporate into their OS.
    Last edited by Tedomcmillan; 02-08-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Thanks

"We", Woz? Gotta frog on your pocket?

He's right but this observation is obvious.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zon View Post
    It doesn't matter if Woz works at Apple, he's a user and that's who these gadgets are for.

A very apt saying which we can apply here is, 'You don't have to be a Cook to complain about the cooking.'
    Not so much. The iPhone isn't targeted at Woz or anyone like him. If you want to tinker you can an android device. If you want it to just work you buy an iPhone. From Apple's advertisements to their store layout, they are consistent: simple, simple, simple. So no, there gadgets are NOT for Woz. Frankly, what's amazing is that he thinks his comments carry weight. They don't. Whether he gets a stipend from Apple or not, he has utterly nothing to do with the company and hasn't since he left in the 80s. When Steve Jobs was around he was adamant about Woz having nothing to do with the company, so much so that he had the legal department sending Woz cease and desist letters. Google it. I suppose the next thing you'll post on here is how Linus Torvolds doesn't approve of the direction OSX is taking.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

*T*
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    Selling my IPhone 5 64gb and getting Sony Xperia Z. Any takers :-)
    Yea what price? What condition is the phone in?

Thanks

I owned iPhone 3G 3GS and the 4 and I have done a lot of jail dealing and tweaking on the 4s for my friends...each one of these phones wowed me at their release...but the iPhone 5 disappointed me so bad ...it was like the iPhone 4 got a remodeling but was still the 4s ..I mean if u wait a whole year for a phone woooow me pls...btw I owned also and iPod 3G and 4g and the 5g has a lil thing in the back to hang it from lmao that is so cheap running out of ideas anyone??? It's obvious that since Steve died apple is missing it woow edge just my 2 cents
    Mr.Infame

Thanks
    Thanked 13,794 Times in 3,028 Posts

Apples focus on the 5 was internal components. Although the screen was major. To a tech guy that runs widgets the added Ram alone was worth the upgrade. My Ram is double what my 4s was. That obviously equals far better speeds and ability to handle more load. The processor is much better. It's all about perspective. The average user is happy with a cosmetic spit shine. That's what warrants an upgrade. To us guys that actually use our devices to their capabilities a faster processor, way more ram and improved battery life is about as much as you can ask for in a upgrade. Performance wise this is the best unit apple has ever put out.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

Donnutt (02-09-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Apples focus on the 5 was internal components. Although the screen was major. To a tech guy that runs widgets the added Ram alone was worth the upgrade. My Ram is double what my 4s was. That obviously equals far better speeds and ability to handle more load. The processor is much better. It's all about perspective. The average user is happy with a cosmetic spit shine. That's what warrants an upgrade. To us guys that actually use our devices to their capabilities a faster processor, way more ram and improved battery life is about as much as you can ask for in a upgrade. Performance wise this is the best unit apple has ever put out.
    I agree 100%. There have been a lot of haters out there saying the iPhone 5 sucks, or is not innovative, but I upgraded mostly for the RAM. This is the best performing iPhone ever by far. I have found slowness or glitches even on the 4S, but my 5 is definitely a different animal.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Donnutt For This Useful Post:

Pinoy (02-10-2013)

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123