+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wozniak Says iPhone is 'Behind' on Leading Smartphone Features

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by bigbaba Although I agree I'm so sick of Steve Wozniak pretending like he knows jack about Apple. He hasn't worked there in 36 years. Get a life
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
    Although I agree I'm so sick of Steve Wozniak pretending like he knows jack about Apple. He hasn't worked there in 36 years.

Get a life and go back to teaching grade 5 kids.
    You are the definition of a crazed fanboy. You attack his position, but even the most simple minded folk can understand that he's right.

Apple really needs to get their **** together before I even consider buying another product.

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ianmac79 View Post
    Fire Tim Cook!!!! We need Woz to head Apple.
    I agree. Tim Cook isn't a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by brab View Post
    I don't mean to sound insulting, but if Android is so much more complicated for you then you shouldn't own a smartphone at all and switch to an old Nokia or something...
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by The Highlander View Post
    You need to go back to school... that is 37 years from today's date.

Samsung products are "nice". I had a note 2 and the screen was just what made the device what it is, the biggest drawback is the Android OS... iOS is so much simpler to use its ridiculous...

There are only a few things that Android excels... Airdroid and it's screen. Even with the same apps on each platform, the iOS app is always ahead and it has to be because of the underlying foundation.

For everything else we have the iPhone. Hopefully they will reinvent quite a few things...
    I had the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 before I traded it for the iPhone 5. The Note 2 is very fast but the screen resolution is bad for it's screen size. I like the AppStore better than the Google Play Store because of its interface and more apps and games in it.
    Last edited by regkilla; 02-07-2013 at 04:52 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone starkall's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rudylo1 View Post
    How much??
    $725

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jj2345's Avatar
    Thanks

He sure bashes apple a lot

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by severe View Post
    According to the Detroit Zoo, a Rhinoceros head can weigh up to 2000lbs.
    Lol. Nice

Quote Originally Posted by madrich View Post
    Apple should buy Cydia.
    Do u really think apple could afford cydia? An offer would be interesting though

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

My daddy can beat up your daddy

Thanks

I agree I think the iphone 5 and ios6 firmware are both a snooze fest.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madrich View Post
    Apple should buy Cydia.
    Your completely wrong!! If apple bought cydia you really could kiss good bye to the tweaks and things you like! What really needs to happen is apple to accept that people other than apple know how to make apps and tweaks that work great on the iPhone! And embrace cydia and help make it a standard part of their iPhone range!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Maybe what he means is that we know they already have far more advanced equipment to make the iPhone faster and the hydrogen battery that only needs a charge maybe once a week, but for some reason they are holding back.. Megapixels of a camera, a millimeter thinner, a tiny bit lighter and a little bit bigger screen?.. These don't really seem to be big leaps in progress.. If they aren't ready to to a quantum leap how about a giant leap by bringing the Dev team aboard to show them what we really want in our iPhone..

Maybe what he means is that we know they already have far more advanced equipment to make the iPhone faster and the hydrogen battery that only needs a charge maybe once a week, but for some reason they are holding back.. Megapixels of a camera, a millimeter thinner, a tiny bit lighter and a little bit bigger screen?.. These don't really seem to be big leaps in progress.. If they aren't ready to to a quantum leap how about a giant leap by bringing the Dev team aboard to show them what we really want in our iPhone..
    Last edited by ynoteh; 02-07-2013 at 08:03 PM.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,112 Times in 6,253 Posts

Deja vu!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple hasn't always been behind, after all the iPhone revolutionized cell phones. At this point Apple may not have all the features that some Android devices have, but usually that's because Apple is perfecting the feature before release. It doesn't really matter when it gets released, it's how well it works with the device and the user. I do agree that Apple could be in trouble when the, "Jobs well" runs dry. I have faith in Ives though, so it won't be so bad hopefully.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brab View Post
    I don't mean to sound insulting, but if Android is so much more complicated for you then you shouldn't own a smartphone at all and switch to an old Nokia or something...
    I am a geek. I used to love to tinker so I used windows and Linux a lot. I would have loved an android back then. Now I am too busy with other things and I want it to work without having to explore all the options and menus. So I use OSX, Windows 8, and an iPhone. They all work and play VERY well together, and they work like they should. I have had to show some of my friends how to use their Androids (granted, not running Ice Cream Sandwich which I hear is far better) and the experience was pretty painful. Slow, glitchy, and nothing was where (at least to my way of thinking) it should be. Just not intuitive enough for me.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Bottom line stock iPhone hardware is elegant and on par with current tech. Software and features apple lags way far behind the competition. Thats where the jailbreak community comes in. I have always believed there are better phones out there than an iPhone, but nothing & i mean no phone can beat a jailbroken iPhone.

Great iPhone hardware + 100% Customization via Jailbreak = CELLULAR BLISS!!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Highlander View Post
    You need to go back to school... that is 37 years from today's date.

Samsung products are "nice". I had a note 2 and the screen was just what made the device what it is, the biggest drawback is the Android OS... iOS is so much simpler to use its ridiculous...

There are only a few things that Android excels... Airdroid and it's screen. Even with the same apps on each platform, the iOS app is always ahead and it has to be because of the underlying foundation.
    how is iOS "much simpler to use its ridiculous"? is it easier to text? make a call? share a photo? send an email? browse the web? give me a few examples please as I own both platforms and couldnt disagree with you more.

"There are only a few things that Android excels... Airdroid and it's screen" lmfao at the lamest fanboy excuse Ive read all week.

Banned
    Thanks

HE should be the one in charge of Apple and the iPhone as he would know how to release the smartphone that everyone would want.

I would like to hear his side of jailbreaking and what he thinks about it.

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    I agree I think the iphone 5 and ios6 firmware are both a snooze fest.
    I 100% agree. Both are pathetic and bad for the iPhone.

So they made a so called widescreen iPhone but they couldn't make it 16x9? HOW STUPID....
    Last edited by b1997469; 02-08-2013 at 12:43 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigbaba's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CoronaDelux View Post
    You are the definition of a crazed fanboy. You attack his position, but even the most simple minded folk can understand that he's right.

Apple really needs to get their **** together before I even consider buying another product.
    You are the definition of rocked. I didn't attack his position; my first words actually were "I agree". I don't agree with Wozniak's constant need for attention by pretending to be relevant with what Apple does since when he was working there Apple was still selling the II.

I didn't know the Woz had fanboys like you hanging around.

Zon
    Green Apple
    Thanks

It doesn't matter if Woz works at Apple, he's a user and that's who these gadgets are for.

A very apt saying which we can apply here is, 'You don't have to be a Cook to complain about the cooking.'

Green Apple
    Thanks

Woz baffles me, is he still relevant? I mean he sounds like any other android fans we have here. What he just spouted out is what I read here almost every day lol.
    iphone 5 16gb iOS 6.1 beta 4

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Apple hasn't always been behind, after all the iPhone revolutionized cell phones. At this point Apple may not have all the features that some Android devices have, but usually that's because Apple is perfecting the feature before release. It doesn't really matter when it gets released, it's how well it works with the device and the user. I do agree that Apple could be in trouble when the, "Jobs well" runs dry. I have faith in Ives though, so it won't be so bad hopefully.
    "but usually that's because Apple is perfecting the feature before release" like apple maps? like the iPhone 4 antenna? like all the problems both hardware and software of the iPhone 5?

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

This is news? Apple always lags behind in terms of features - its what they do. Its a double edged sword: on one hand yes, your Apple device is left "wanting"; but on the other, Apple does not want to dive into a technology that is not going to firmly establish itself in the market.

What Apple needs to do is start expanding iOS - Ok, so don't open up the OS... but at least make 1st party extensions that expands on what the OS allows you to do... or just give everyone root access. Heck! I'd pay for Apple issued root access!!