Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Miraculously, iOS 6.1.1 Beta Doesn't Patch the evasi0n Jailbreak... Yet

Default Miraculously, iOS 6.1.1 Beta Doesn't Patch the evasi0n Jailbreak... Yet

Yesterday afternoon, Apple released iOS 6.1.1 beta to developers. The update surprised many of us, as it came out only two days after the evasi0n untethered iOS 6 jailbreak was released. The evasi0n jailbreak supports iOS 6.0, iOS 6.0.1, iOS 6.0.2, and iOS 6.1.

Miraculously, a Tweet from pod2g this morning states that iOS 6.1.1 beta does not yet patch the evasi0n iOS 6 jalbreak. This is interesting, considering that iOS 6.1.1 beta does not have an expiration date. It could be that Apple won’t release iOS 6.1.1 to the public until the jailbreak is patched.

Whatever the case may be, pod2g still advises that we stay away from iOS 6.1.1, as evasi0n will not jailbreak the release. MuscleNerd also advised on Wednesday that we stay away from the update. Pod2g predicts that a future developer version of iOS 6.1.1 will patch the evasi0n jailbreak before the public release.

According to Apple’s changelog, iOS 6.1.1 beta only includes improvements to the Maps application, adding 3-D support for parts of Japan and improving other areas of the application. There are some additional improvements as well. Most of the update is minor and nothing groundbreaking has been added; we'll all live without it.

For those of you on the jailbreak that don't want to be annoyed by an OTA (over the air) badge on your Settings application when the update is pushed to the public, you can download a Cydia tweak called "Software Update Killer" to disable OTA updating on your iOS device(s).

Sources: pod2g

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

LudaChris (02-07-2013), XweAponX (02-07-2013)

There is no way I'll update to 6.1.1. I'm very happy with my jailbroken 6.1 ))

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm very surprised at this ....

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Maybe they don't care anymore about us and they gonna let us be

Apple should spend the time for the bigger Cat & Mouse game with Samsung than jailbreaking on iDevices.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Maybe they don't care anymore about us and they gonna let us be
    lol yea right

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Feanor64 For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (02-07-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Hey it could happen

The next BETA should patch the jailbreak. Apple is just playing with these Evasi0n people.

Thanks

doesn't "No Update" do the same the same thing?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn I really wish I could use 3D apple maps in japan :/

Good, but I don't think too many people will be upgrading...

No need for any of those 6.1.1 additions here. 6.1 is fine. When I learn Japanese I'll upgrade.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe Apple finally realized that a big portion of their sales comes because of JB......not! Sweet that they didn't patch the JB though!

Goes to show you that Apple can care less about people jailbreaking their phone

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,761 Times in 754 Posts

I posted this yesterday right after you guys announced the beta release. no mention of bug fixes in the update, but then again who knows?

Here's a copy of the release notes. Look like updates for maps. But who knows what else they thru in there LOL. Maybe be a cover up!

Overview
    iOS 6.1.1 beta 1 includes the following improvements to Maps for Japan:
    ● Improved pronunciation of roads during turn-by-turn navigation
    ● Optimized directions to more strongly prefer highways over narrower roads
    ● Now indicates upcoming toll roads during turn-by-turn navigation
    ● Added labels for junctions, interchanges, on-ramps, off-ramps, and intersections
    ● Added indicators for transit station buildings, subway lines, and traffic lights
    ● Updated freeway color to green
    ● Updated icons for some location categories including fire stations, hospitals, and post offices
    ● Added 3D buildings including Tokyo Station, Japan Imperial Palace, and Tokyo Tower

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

The portion of sales resulting from jailbreaking is not as high as everyone seems to think it is. By now I'm sure the number is over 2 million but when you take into account how many iOS devices are running iOS 6 that number is not as high as you think.

Evasi0n Jailbreak Installed on 1.7 Million Devices Since Monday Release - Mac Rumors

iOS 6 Adoption Tops 60 Percent | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    According to Apple’s changelog, iOS 6.1.1 beta only includes improvements to the Maps application, adding 3-D support for parts of Japan and improving other areas of the application. There are some additional improvements as well.
    Why must it require a full OS release just to update one app. Would it really be that hard to push an update for Maps via the App Store? The more I think about it, the more ridiculous it seems. There is no reason they couldn't push both a new firmware release and individual app updates, just like how one can just download, say, a new version of Safari on OS X. The OTA updates are already one (small) step towards that, but still a long ways away. Just look at Cydia, using the dpkg infrastructure, where you can easily upgrade or downgrade individual packages (apps, tweaks, etc.) I'm sorry if I'm beat the remains of a long dead horse here, but sometimes this really gets to me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Evasi0n messed up a couple of my apps like my game informer app on my ipad so I had to remove it... /).(\

Updating is a pain anyways ill stay with 6.1 thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
    Evasi0n messed up a couple of my apps like my game informer app on my ipad so I had to remove it... /).(\
    You can always restore your phone and remove the jailbreak if you think evasi0n is not worth it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast